View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vtrac
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:03 am    Post subject: Can't make swap and stopping automount Reply with quote

I just built a new system and have some weird problems using mdadm raid. I have three drives, each partitioned the same way - /dev/sdX1, /dev/sdX2, /dev/sdX3, and /dev/sdX4, where X is a, b, and c. sda1 and sdb1 are RAID1 with sdc3 as a hotspare. sda2, sdb2, and sdc2 are of type linux swap. sda3 and sdb3 are RAID1 with sdc3 as a hotspare. sda4, sdb4, and sdc5 are configured as RAID0. The RAID portion all workes fine, but I have two problems:

1. sdX2 can't be made into a swap. "mkswap /dev/sdX2" returns "Device or Resource busy", even though they're not mounted and aren't doing anything. So right now I have no swap (which is really no problem for now since I have 8GBs of RAM).

2. When I start gnome, sda3, sdb3, and sdc3 all automount and shows up as an icon on my desktop. Obviously this is no good as it should be handled as an /dev/mdX device for RAID1. I don't know why these partitions get automounted but not sdX1 or sdX4. Any ideas on how to stop this or what's going on?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: