DRI isn't enabled
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jordanwb
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: DRI isn't enabled Reply with quote

So I got Xorg compiled a couple of hours ago and made a xorg.conf file. My laptop is using the driver for savage video chips. When I run startx everything works - yay! - but when I close all the windows I get an error regarding DRI not being enabled. I remember in ArchLinux I had to install the libgl package but I don't see one in the ebuilds. I compiled everything with dri and opengl enabled. What do I do now?

Thanks.
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

--

Last edited by 96140 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
jordanwb
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried each thing on that page and I still get the same error. Here's a pic: http://img185.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0023zw0.jpg I used "Xorg -configure" to make the config file and I added the drm section to the end.

[Edit]

I just thought of something, I'll go try it.
NathanZachary

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I have many of those same errors when using my Intel 945GM on my eeePC. I still haven't figured out how to get them to go away. If you find something out, please share. :) It might be something to do with the new version of Xorg.
jordanwb
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well what I had thought of involved a circular dependancy. A circular dependancy forced me to disable the hal use flag, emerge xorg, enable hal, recompile. Currently I'm having compilation problems with the latest versions (I'm using Funtoo's unstable i686 tarball) of git (git?) and hal. I'm trying to recompile git right now to see what happens.

Earlier I installed mesa-progs (I think that's the name), started X and ran "glxinfo | grep rendering" and it outputed "Yes" and glxgears works fine too.

[Edit]

Git fails to compile. I checked the build log and it has to do with something being undefined. I'll try hal.

[Edit #2] I love gentoo-portage.com's description for git:

Quote:
GIT - the stupid content tracker, the revision control system heavily used by the Linux kernel team

[Edit #3]

Hal 0.5.11-r4 fails to build too (tried an older version). I'll post the build error for git if desired.
ianyue
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I updated x11-libs/libdrm yesterday, and have similar problem when I start my system today. It seems like you should recomplie media-libs/mesa, x11-base/xorg-server, and video card driver.
jordanwb
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's kinda hard to recompile xorg-server when hal is a dependency. And since hal can't compile...

Here's the git compilation error:

Quote:
builtin-add.o: In function `cmd_add':
builtin-add.c:(.text+0x153): undefined reference to `validate_pathspec'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [git] Error 1

Here's the HAL compilation error:

Quote:
/usr/include/linux/serial.h:164: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before �^�^�__u32�^�^

[Edit]

Hey isn't /usr/include/linux/serial.h a part of linux-headers?

[Edit #2]

I found this: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/303711 but I don't know how to apply the patch.
jordanwb
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got hal to compile by upgrading linux-headers from version 2.6.28 to 2.6.28-r1, but I still can't get git to compile and I still get the error about DRI not being enabled.
NathanZachary

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved from Desktop Environments to Unsupported Software as the Funtoo git tree is being used.
jordanwb
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay then. I got hal to compile and I recompiled xorg to use hal. Xorg wouldn't recognise my keyboard and mouse - which I fixed. But I still get the error about dri, and when I start hal before startx I get this errors about evdev not being found.

[Edit]

I re-emerged xorg-server with evdev input - whatever that is - and I don't get the hal errors, but I still get the DRI error. I'm still sure that all I have to do is install a package - because the exact same thing happened in ArchLinux.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: