folding at home[solved]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris200x9
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: folding at home[solved] Reply with quote

I'm on 64 bit and I downloaded fah 6 through portage, however it only folds on one core. I have a Q6600 so this is a waste. How can I enable the -smp flag?

edit: fixed

Gentoo provides an easy way to configure such a service: every init script that can be configured has a file in /etc/conf.d. For instance, the apache2 initscript (called /etc/init.d/apache2) has a configuration file called /etc/conf.d/apache2, which can contain the options you want to give to the Apache 2 server when it is started:

go to /etc/conf.d/foldingathome and change the variable to -smp. I hope this helps someone in the future :)

www.megamillionsarchive.com

Last edited by chris200x9 on Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raniz
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should mark your topic with [SOLVED] to clarify to others that it was resolved.
#312470 @ http://counter.li.org/
DaggyStyle
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: folding at home Reply with quote

chris200x9 wrote:
I'm on 64 bit and I downloaded fah 6 through portage, however it only folds on one core. I have a Q6600 so this is a waste. How can I enable the -smp flag?

edit: fixed

Gentoo provides an easy way to configure such a service: every init script that can be configured has a file in /etc/conf.d. For instance, the apache2 initscript (called /etc/init.d/apache2) has a configuration file called /etc/conf.d/apache2, which can contain the options you want to give to the Apache 2 server when it is started:

go to /etc/conf.d/foldingathome and change the variable to -smp. I hope this helps someone in the future :)

fah is a boinc framework based, why not install boinc, register to the project and on the way join other projects? it's better
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: