Case insensitive CIFS doesn't works
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McTango
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Case insensitive CIFS doesn't works Reply with quote

Hi everyone.

A friend has a huge webpage (lots of PHP and HTML) that was developed under Windows, with bad file-naming practices on links and file names (a big mix of uppercase and lowercase naming and linking, almost impossible to fix in a short time).
Obviously, the page works fine on Windows, but on Linux gives a lot of errors related to file names lower/upper case.

So, he asked me for a fast solution on porting the web page from Windows to Linux.
I found one solution that works fine: mounting a local samba share on the Linux server, and pointing Apache to that mount point.
Works perfect with SMBFS file system, but (the page) doesn't works if i mount the share with CIFS (with or without "nocase" option).
No matter if i use "nocase" option or not, CIFS works as case sensitive all time.

Up today, the page works fine with SMBFS, but i'm worried just because is deprecated, and CIFS will become the only choice soon or later.

Linux server is Ultra5 with latest kernel (2.6.30-gentoo-r8 ) and latest samba and mount-cifs packages.

Any ideas?

Thanks
To emerge, or not to emerge: that is the question.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: