Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Digikam .9.5_beta1 install (no problems)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rbr28
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: Digikam .9.5_beta1 install (no problems) Reply with quote

Just an FYI for those who like to test the cutting edge Digikam...and for those who have not yet upgraded to KDE4. The install of the latest beta is fairly trivial if you are already use your own local overlay. Sometimes it's a pain to work through all the dependencies with the early betas, but this time libkdcraw 0.1.6 is the only one not currently in portage. I put libkdcraw 0.1.6 in my overlay and did the same for digikam .9.5_beta1 and everything installs and works fine. Not sure about all the other dependencies that were already in portage as I was already using ~x86 for all the .9.4 dependencies. If you have problems make sure all those other dependencies are up to date, as if you are missing something using this method (i.e. not properly updating the ebuild to reflect new dependencies), you'll just get the docs installed but it will look like the emerge was successful.

I'm successfully testing this version now, but I've learned to avoid anything before the RC's for real work.

Vern
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: