View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
s_j_newbury
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donnie suggests we take this to #gentoo-amd64-dev. So if you guys want to join me there, we'll see if we can get our plan in motion.
s_j_newbury
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_j_newbury wrote:
Donnie suggests we take this to #gentoo-amd64-dev. So if you guys want to join me there, we'll see if we can get our plan in motion.

Minor detail; #gentoo-amd64-dev is moderated! I'll see if I can get someone to give me voice...
alex.blackbit
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can join the channel for a talk.
my nick is ahuemer.
code_raptor
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joining the channel for a while today. nick -> codestation
edit: nvm, i have to go :( . i will join tomorrow to get the updates.

P.D.: trying to convert the cairo ebuild, looks a good start for the emul-*-gtklibs
s_j_newbury
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

code_raptor wrote:

P.D.: trying to convert the cairo ebuild, looks a good start for the emul-*-gtklibs

I'm sorry you missed out partaking in the conversation! I've set up an overlay repository on github. It might be worth reading the log for #gentoo-amd64-dev so that you're in sync if you didn't catch everything.
s_j_newbury
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

code_raptor, can you IM me on one of the services below? The other guys are using ICQ.
s_j_newbury
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

code_raptor wrote:

Are you using the multilib-xlibs.eclass? It should be renamed if we are going to use it for all the emul-linux-* packages.

I've added lists of the packages needed to be multilib-ized for each emul-linux-* package to the doc/ directory of the multilib-overlay. I'm also recording each completed package there too so we can keep track of what needs to be done by just diff-ing the two.
alex.blackbit
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice idea.
if i read correctly our package currently has 2 libs more than emul-linux-x86-xlibs, x11-libs/libview and x11-libs/libxcb.
why is this the case? code_raptor surely had a good reason to include those 2. maybe the better question is: why are they missing in emul-linux-x86-xlibs?
s_j_newbury
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex.blackbit wrote:
nice idea.
if i read correctly our package currently has 2 libs more than emul-linux-x86-xlibs, x11-libs/libview and x11-libs/libxcb.
why is this the case? code_raptor surely had a good reason to include those 2. maybe the better question is: why are they missing in emul-linux-x86-xlibs?
Different USE flags results in different DEPENDS. It's just how the emul-linux chroot was configured.
s_j_newbury
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order to coordinate the effort I've started an IRC channel on freenode.net: #gentoo-multilib-overlay

It'd be nice to see you there code_raptor :)
code_raptor
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_j_newbury wrote:
alex.blackbit wrote:
nice idea.
Different USE flags results in different DEPENDS. It's just how the emul-linux chroot was configured.

Exactly, libxcb is USE dependent on libX11, about libview it doesnt depend on emul-linux-x86-xlibs, not sure why alex.blackbit put that ebuild in there.

s_j_newbury wrote:

I've added lists of the packages needed to be multilib-ized for each emul-linux-* package to the doc/ directory of the multilib-overlay. I'm also recording each completed package there too so we can keep track of what needs to be done by just diff-ing the two.

Nice, i was looking for that info :)
s_j_newbury
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

code_raptor: I see you popped onto the IRC channel, I was afk :roll:
s_j_newbury
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking to see if I can make the eclass EAPI2 compatible, we need to support EAPI2 since we'll be using use dependencies eventually.
s_j_newbury
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

code_raptor wrote:
s_j_newbury wrote:
alex.blackbit wrote:
nice idea.

Exactly, libxcb is USE dependent on libX11, about libview it doesnt depend on emul-linux-x86-xlibs, not sure why alex.blackbit put that ebuild in there.
Since Alex was asking the question, I guess he doesn't know himself! :) If it shouldn't be included I'll drop it.
Quote:

s_j_newbury wrote:

Nice, i was looking for that info :)

No problem, I just generated the list from the packages installed on my system (a little bit dirty, but it works):
Code:
for PKG in `find /usr/portage/app-emulation -name emul-linux* -type d | sed 's#.*-\(.*\)$#\1#g'`; do equery f app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-${PKG} | grep '.so' | sed -r 's#(.*\/)lib32(\/.*\.so).*#\1lib64\2#g' | sort | uniq | xargs equery b | sed -r 's#^(.*\/.*)-[0-9]-*.*$#\1#g' | grep -v emul-linux | sort | uniq  > doc/PACKAGES.${PKG}; done
s_j_newbury
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

code_raptor: if you've registered on github tell me your username, and I'll add you as a contributor.
code_raptor
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_j_newbury wrote:
code_raptor: if you've registered on github tell me your username, and I'll add you as a contributor.

i registered already, my github nick is codestation.

I think that is better to start with emul-linux-x86-baselibs as almost all the other emul* depends on it. (I noticed when i was making the gtk+ ebuild and hit a dead end :? ).

p.s.: i am starting to hate the "cannot run test program while cross compiling" in the configure step :evil:

Sorry for my english..
s_j_newbury
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

code_raptor wrote:
s_j_newbury wrote:

I think that is better to start with emul-linux-x86-baselibs as almost all the other emul* depends on it. (I noticed when i was making the gtk+ ebuild and hit a dead end :? ).

p.s.: i am starting to hate the "cannot run test program while cross compiling" in the configure step :evil:

Sorry for my english..

Of course it can run test programs while cross compiling... I wonder if we can set an ac env var* to tell it, it isn't cross compiling?

[* It's a problem that you get around when really cross compiling by setting the autoconf results in the environment]
s_j_newbury
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

code_raptor wrote:
s_j_newbury wrote:

I've added you as a collaborator. A few things before you push:

1. Please make sure you have your public ssh key registered at github.

2. Ensure your name and email address is correctly configured in your local git. There are instructions in the guide at github if you need any more information.

3. Set the origin url in your repo .git/config to git@github.com:sjnewbury/multilib-overlay.git
s_j_newbury
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

code_raptor wrote:

Agreed
Quote:

Sorry for my english..
Your English is fine. :)
s_j_newbury
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_j_newbury wrote:
code_raptor wrote:
s_j_newbury wrote:

Sorry for my english..

Of course it can run test programs while cross compiling... I wonder if we can set an ac env var* to tell it, it isn't cross compiling?

[* It's a problem that you get around when really cross compiling by setting the autoconf results in the environment]

Maybe we should just lie and set the CBUILD to CHOST?
didumos
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that libdrm-2.4.5 does (optionally) depend on cairo. From the release notes:
Code:
modetest: Use cairo (if available) to paint a better pattern.

libdrm-2.4.5 (from the overlay) wouldn't build for me because it found an 'incompatible' cairo lib. It just checks for cairo in the configure stage though so removing cairo, building libdrm and merging cairo back in later seems to have bypassed that. So, this is probably an error in the portage ebuild too - it should have an optional dep on cairo (or simply disable this modetest app?).
s_j_newbury
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

didumos wrote:
It seems that libdrm-2.4.5 does (optionally) depend on cairo. From the release notes:
Code:
modetest: Use cairo (if available) to paint a better pattern.

libdrm-2.4.5 (from the overlay) wouldn't build for me because it found an 'incompatible' cairo lib. It just checks for cairo in the configure stage though so removing cairo, building libdrm and merging cairo back in later seems to have bypassed that. So, this is probably an error in the portage ebuild too - it should have an optional dep on cairo (or simply disable this modetest app?).

When we get USE dependencies set for all the packages this problem will go away. libdrm will pull in 32bit compatible cairo. Just have update everything to EAPI2! :)
didumos
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_j_newbury wrote:
When we get USE dependencies set for all the packages this problem will go away. libdrm will pull in 32bit compatible cairo. Just have update everything to EAPI2! :)

Sounds good :D I'm just in the middle of building all the multilib x11-libs ebuilds from the overlay and so far so good!

I filed a bug about the libdrm-2.4.5 ebuild in portage: Bug #262120
alex.blackbit
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great to see a new user of our overlay. welcome!
the multilib x11-libs are quite usable already. your experience seems to prove that.
the progress on porting the other emul packages is a bit slow, but steady.
code_raptor is the guy who ported most of the ebuilds, and he is doing it good.
currently we have 11 of 38 ebuilds of emul-linux-x86-baselibs ported. 27 to go.
didumos
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex.blackbit wrote:
great to see a new user of our overlay. welcome!
the multilib x11-libs are quite usable already. your experience seems to prove that.

Yes, I'd say the x11-libs are in very good shape considering I can now actually use my Radeon R500 card with wine, thanks to the multilib mesa/libdrm :D Screenshot
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: