digikam build failure from kde-testing overlay
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bendy
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: digikam build failure from kde-testing overlay Reply with quote

Hi,

I tried to emerge the media-gfx/digikam-0.10.0_beta7 ebuild from the kde-testing overlay, but it fails during the initial environment check as it can't find the versions of libkexiv2 and libkdcraw that it wants:
Code:
-- Check Kdcraw library in local sub-folder...                                       
-- Check Kdcraw library using pkg-config...                                           
-- Found libkdcraw release >= 0.2.0                                                   
-- Found libkdcraw: /usr/lib64/libkdcraw.so                                           
-- Check Kexiv2 library in local sub-folder...                                       
-- Check Kexiv2 library using pkg-config...                                           
-- Found libkexiv2 release >= 0.2.0                                                   
-- Found libkexiv2: /usr/lib64/libkexiv2.so

/snip/

-- checking for module 'libkdcraw>=0.4.0'                                             
--   package 'libkdcraw>=0.4.0' not found                                             
-- checking for module 'libkexiv2>=0.5.0'                                             
--   package 'libkexiv2>=0.5.0' not found

/snip/

--  digiKam 0.10.0-beta7 dependencies results   <http://www.digikam.org>             
--                                                                                   
--  Qt4 SQL module found................ YES                                         
--  libjpeg library found............... YES                                         
--  libtiff library found............... YES                                         
--  libpng library found................ YES                                         
--  libjasper library found............. YES                                         
--  liblcms library found............... YES                                         
--  libkipi library found............... YES                                         
--  libkexiv2 library found............. NO                                           
--                                                                                   
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:181 (MESSAGE):                                         
   digiKam needs libkexiv2 library >= 0.5.0. You need to install libkexiv2 first     

--  libkexiv2 website is at http://www.digikam.org/sharedlibs
--                                                           
--  libkdcraw library found............. NO                 
--                                                           
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:191 (MESSAGE):                 
   digiKam needs libkdcraw library >= 0.4.0. You need to install libkdcraw first

/snip/

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:264 (MESSAGE):                                 
   digiKam will be compiled............ NO  (Look README file for more details about dependencies)                                                                         

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
 * ERROR: media-gfx/digikam-0.10.0_beta7 failed.
 * Call stack:                                 
 *               ebuild.sh, line   49:  Called src_configure
 *             environment, line 3119:  Called kde4-base_src_configure
 *             environment, line 2312:  Called cmake-utils_src_configure
 *             environment, line  778:  Called cmake-utils_src_configureout
 *             environment, line  797:  Called die                         
 * The specific snippet of code:                                           
 *       cmake -C "${TMPDIR}/gentoo_common_config.cmake" ${cmakeargs} "${S}" || die "Cmake failed";                                                                         
 *  The die message:                                                                 
 *   Cmake failed                                                                     
 *                                                                                   
 * If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
 * A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/media-gfx/digikam-0.10.0_beta7/temp/build.log'.                                                                     
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/media-gfx/digikam-0.10.0_beta7/temp/environment'.

I do have the -4.1.3 versions of both libkexiv2 and libkdcraw installed, and the versions it's looking for aren't listed as being available:
Code:
nickdesk nick # equery list -p -o libkdcraw
[ Searching for package 'libkdcraw' in all categories among: ]
 * installed packages
[I--] [ ~] kde-base/libkdcraw-4.1.3 (4.1)
 * Portage tree (/usr/portage)
[-P-] [ ~] kde-base/libkdcraw-4.1.2 (4.1)
[-P-] [M~] media-libs/libkdcraw-0.1.0 (0)
[-P-] [  ] media-libs/libkdcraw-0.1.1 (0)
[-P-] [M~] media-libs/libkdcraw-0.1.2 (0)
[-P-] [M~] media-libs/libkdcraw-0.1.3 (0)
[-P-] [M~] media-libs/libkdcraw-0.1.4-r1 (0)
 * overlay tree (/usr/portage/local/layman/kde-testing /usr/portage/local/layman/kde-testing /usr/portage/local /usr/portage/local)
[--O] [M~] kde-base/libkdcraw-4.1.85 (4.2)

nickdesk nick # equery list -p -o libkexiv2
[ Searching for package 'libkexiv2' in all categories among: ]
 * installed packages
[I--] [ ~] kde-base/libkexiv2-4.1.3 (4.1)
 * Portage tree (/usr/portage)
[-P-] [ ~] kde-base/libkexiv2-4.1.2 (4.1)
[-P-] [M~] media-libs/libkexiv2-0.1.1 (0)
[-P-] [  ] media-libs/libkexiv2-0.1.5 (0)
[-P-] [M~] media-libs/libkexiv2-0.1.6 (0)
[-P-] [M~] media-libs/libkexiv2-0.1.7-r1 (0)
 * overlay tree (/usr/portage/local/layman/kde-testing /usr/portage/local/layman/kde-testing /usr/portage/local /usr/portage/local)
[--O] [M~] kde-base/libkexiv2-4.1.85 (4.2)

Does anyone know what's going on here?

Thanks!
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: digikam build failure from kde-testing overlay Reply with quote

bendy wrote:
I do have the -4.1.3 versions of both libkexiv2 and libkdcraw installed, and the versions it's looking for aren't listed as being available:

They are in fact listed as being available on the same overlay where you got digikam:0.10 from. Take a closer look and unmask them. All built fine just a few seconds ago here.
bendy
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean the -4.1.85 builds? Are you using them with kde-4.1 or kde-4.2?
hunky
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem - digikam can't find several libraries that are installed - libkipi, libkexiv2, etc.. I've actually got both versions (for kde 3.5.10 and 4.1.85) installed.
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bendy wrote:
Do you mean the -4.1.85 builds? Are you using them with kde-4.1 or kde-4.2?

4.1.85 is KDE-4.2, you don't have a choice there. ^^ If you want digikam:0.10, you have to unmask kde-base/libkdcraw:4.2 and kde-base/libkexiv2:4.2
bendy
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

genstorm wrote:
4.1.85 is KDE-4.2, you don't have a choice there. ^^ If you want digikam:0.10, you have to unmask kde-base/libkdcraw:4.2 and kde-base/libkexiv2:4.2

I have digikam-0.10.0_beta2-r2 already installed with kde-4.1, so I don't believe it should be necessary to have kde-4.2 before you can install digikam-0.10.0_beta7.

Also, digikam-0.10.0_beta7 is not masked, whereas the -4.1.85 versions of libkexiv2 and libkdcraw are masked, and of course the digikam ebuild did not request them as dependencies.

I did try unmasking the -4.1.85 versions of libkexiv2 and libkdcraw, but they want to pull in all of kde-4.2.
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, after I looked at the digikam ebuild, it should in fact work with 4.1 as that's its KDE_MINIMAL setting. The error lies somewhere in the cmake...
Useful Idiot
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or there is an error in the ebuild, since I managed to get it working with 4.1.85(but not with 4.1) versions of libkexiv2 and libkdcraw.

Edit: There is a bug about this.
hunky
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the 4.1.85 versions installed and digikam still cannot find them (all three). Example:
Code:
[ Results for search key : libkexiv2 ]
[ Applications found : 2 ]

*  kde-base/libkexiv2
      Latest version available: 4.1.85
      Latest version installed: 4.1.85
      Size of files: 3,469 kB
      Homepage:      http://www.kipi-plugins.org
      Description:   KDE Image Plugin Interface: an exiv2 library wrapper
      License:       GPL-2

*  media-libs/libkexiv2
      Latest version available: 0.1.7-r1
      Latest version installed: 0.1.7-r1
      Size of files: 402 kB
      Homepage:      http://www.kipi-plugins.org
      Description:   KDE Image Plugin Interface: an exiv2 library wrapper
      License:       GPL-2

I was using overlay kde-crazy and just switched to kde-testing, with kdeprefix in my make.conf. I also have kde-3.5.10 installed. I did have the same problem with digikam-0.10.0_beta5 as well.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: