Using dncrelay to access a wireless internet connection
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redshirt65536
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Using dncrelay to access a wireless internet connection Reply with quote

Hello there everyone!

I use a gentoo box as a router (using dnsmasq) to access to my wireless router (as per the howto on making a home router).
Rather than use the ip address range given by dnsmasq on the gentoo box however, I want to use the ip address range of my wireless router instead, hopefully giving me access to other machines connected directly to the wireless router, and the wireless router itself.

It seems like dncrelay will do this for me (allowing the wireless router to give me an address via the gentoo box) but I haven't found much help on the subject.

I've managed to get an address from my wireless router for a machine connected to the gentoo box (via ethernet) using dncrelay but I cannot access anything, not even the gentoo box I'm connected to. I'm unsure how to even configure the ethernet connection I'm connecting to for this as any change I make, makes little difference.

My knowledge of IPTABLES is sketchy so I'm unsure if there is some magic in there that could help and I've so far been unable to find a good example of what I am trying to do.

My current dncrelay configuration is as follows:

IFACE="wlan0 eth1"
DHCRELAY_SERVERS="192.168.0.1"

My current net configuration is as follows:

config_wlan0=("192.168.0.100 broadcast 192.168.0.100 netmask 255.255.255.0")
routes_wlan0=("default gw 192.168.0.1")

config_eth0=("192.168.1.1 broadcast 192.168.1.255 netmask 255.255.255.0")

Thanks in advance
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: