Stop Amarok from modifying collection info for NFS share
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
srunni
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:23 am    Post subject: Stop Amarok from modifying collection info for NFS share Reply with quote

Hi,

I've got Amarok using a collection that's an NFS share mounted over the LAN. If it opens without the share mounted, it deletes all the info on the collection. That means the next time I mount the NFS share and run Amarok, it recreates all the collection info, generating a lot of network traffic and wearing down the hard drive of the server with the NFS share. To prevent this from happening, I use a simple script to launch Amarok, which mounts the directory if possible, and only launches Amarok if it's been successfully mounted. However, there are a variety of cases where Amarok somehow launches without this script being run, or the network connection is dropped while Amarok is running. This causes the collection info to be deleted. Is there any way to stop this from happening? From what I understand, the version of Amarok without any collection-specific files USE flags uses SQLite to store this info. Could I back that up somehow?

Thanks!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: