Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
ncmpcpp - improved ncmpc with some new features
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ocin
Guru
Guru


Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 500

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unK wrote:
  • new screen - clock

epic win. now ncmpcpp is my default mpd client.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
darklegion
Guru
Guru


Joined: 14 Nov 2004
Posts: 467

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
This isn't really a big deal, but it would be nice to be able to search through the help screen with the "/" key.Could make navigating the help screen a little easier, and ncmpc can do this.

Thanks for the program, btw, it's a really impressive improvement over ncmpc.

EDIT: Also one more change that would nice: the ability to not update the database automatically after changing a tag(s).Database update + rescanning for albums (album view) is too slow for my liking as I have a pretty large collection.

EDIT2: Actually it seems to be the album view rescan that slows everything down.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
darklegion
Guru
Guru


Joined: 14 Nov 2004
Posts: 467

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another feature request.The latest version of ncmpc has support for enabling/disabling audio outputs.It would be cool to have this in ncmpcpp as well.

Thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
unK
l33t
l33t


Joined: 06 Feb 2007
Posts: 765

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darklegion wrote:
EDIT: Also one more change that would nice: the ability to not update the database automatically after changing a tag(s).Database update + rescanning for albums (album view) is too slow for my liking as I have a pretty large collection.

Where exactly? In media library? Btw, ncmpcpp is looking for the smallest part of db to update by searching for shared directory (e.g. if you update songs in /a/b/c and /a/b/d, it'll update only /a/b).

Temet wrote:
One idea : what do you think about saving the position on the interface on quitting? I mean, if I quit on the screen on media library, I would find it cool to get here again on launching the interface, in the exact same artist/album/track configuration.
Oh by the way, when I quit media library to go to playlist (for example) and go back again to media library, the selected column is the "artist" one. What would you think about keep selected column before leaving media library ?

I just implemented keeping selected column in all screens that have columns. Regarding saving position, maybe in the future ;) I don't think it's so important.
_________________
ncmpcpp - featureful ncurses based MPD client inspired by ncmpc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
darklegion
Guru
Guru


Joined: 14 Nov 2004
Posts: 467

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unK wrote:
darklegion wrote:
EDIT: Also one more change that would nice: the ability to not update the database automatically after changing a tag(s).Database update + rescanning for albums (album view) is too slow for my liking as I have a pretty large collection.

Where exactly? In media library? Btw, ncmpcpp is looking for the smallest part of db to update by searching for shared directory (e.g. if you update songs in /a/b/c and /a/b/d, it'll update only /a/b).


In the Tag editor.The problem is not the DB update but the rescanning for albums in album view.Directory view is near instant, but my directory structure is like this: "Artist/Album(s)" so directory view doesn't pick them up.Maybe there could be a directory mode that allows you to look in subdirectories?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
unK
l33t
l33t


Joined: 06 Feb 2007
Posts: 765

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darklegion wrote:
In the Tag editor.The problem is not the DB update but the rescanning for albums in album view.

Ah, this. Ok, I'll allow manual db updating there.

darklegion wrote:
Directory view is near instant, but my directory structure is like this: "Artist/Album(s)" so directory view doesn't pick them up.Maybe there could be a directory mode that allows you to look in subdirectories?

Well, that's another not bad idea.
_________________
ncmpcpp - featureful ncurses based MPD client inspired by ncmpc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swimmer
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 15 Jul 2002
Posts: 1291
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darklegion wrote:
Another feature request.The latest version of ncmpc has support for enabling/disabling audio outputs.It would be cool to have this in ncmpcpp as well.

Sounds interesting - would it be possible to even support *two* soundcards with a sort of pre-listening window that would enable you to do the very same on the second soundcard before adding a song to the playlist?

This would make me more than happy ;-)

Greetz
swimmer
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
srunni
Guru
Guru


Joined: 26 Dec 2007
Posts: 365

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I've got a feature request. Do you think you could create an option to automatically fetch and switch to the lyrics for a new song when it starts playing?

Thanks!
_________________
Patrick Ewing wrote:
if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it’s a duck, right? So if this duck is not giving you the noise that you want, you’ve got to just punch that duck until it returns what you expect.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swimmer
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 15 Jul 2002
Posts: 1291
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And YAFR (Yet Another Feature Request): could you display not only the total playtime but also the time remaining in the playlist-window?

TIA
swimmer ;-)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
srunni
Guru
Guru


Joined: 26 Dec 2007
Posts: 365

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swimmer wrote:
And YAFR (Yet Another Feature Request): could you display not only the total playtime but also the time remaining in the playlist-window?
Yes, with the time into the song on one side of the ``time bar'', and the time remaining on the other.
_________________
Patrick Ewing wrote:
if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it’s a duck, right? So if this duck is not giving you the noise that you want, you’ve got to just punch that duck until it returns what you expect.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
unK
l33t
l33t


Joined: 06 Feb 2007
Posts: 765

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swimmer wrote:
darklegion wrote:
Another feature request.The latest version of ncmpc has support for enabling/disabling audio outputs.It would be cool to have this in ncmpcpp as well.

Sounds interesting - would it be possible to even support *two* soundcards with a sort of pre-listening window that would enable you to do the very same on the second soundcard before adding a song to the playlist?

This would make me more than happy ;-)

Greetz
swimmer

I don't think mpd can support 2 soundcards in parallel, which is vital here.

srunni wrote:
Hi,

I've got a feature request. Do you think you could create an option to automatically fetch and switch to the lyrics for a new song when it starts playing?

Thanks!

That's already done and can be enabled/disabled by pressing space in lyrics screen.

srunni wrote:
swimmer wrote:
And YAFR (Yet Another Feature Request): could you display not only the total playtime but also the time remaining in the playlist-window?
Yes, with the time into the song on one side of the ``time bar'', and the time remaining on the other.

Hmm, could you explain a little bit more? I can't imagine it ;)
_________________
ncmpcpp - featureful ncurses based MPD client inspired by ncmpc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
srunni
Guru
Guru


Joined: 26 Dec 2007
Posts: 365

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unK wrote:
srunni wrote:
swimmer wrote:
And YAFR (Yet Another Feature Request): could you display not only the total playtime but also the time remaining in the playlist-window?
Yes, with the time into the song on one side of the ``time bar'', and the time remaining on the other.

Hmm, could you explain a little bit more? I can't imagine it ;)
Just like in Amarok 1.4: http://amarok.kde.org/files/amarok14/shot7.png

Look at the bottom right.
_________________
Patrick Ewing wrote:
if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it’s a duck, right? So if this duck is not giving you the noise that you want, you’ve got to just punch that duck until it returns what you expect.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swimmer
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 15 Jul 2002
Posts: 1291
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well - this is only srunnis part of the request ;-)

I was asking for something more general (even though I like srunnis request as well ;-)): on the very top of the playlist window you have something like
Code:
Playlist (24 items, length: 1 hour, 8 minutes, 13 seconds)

I'd like that to be enhanced to something like
Code:
Playlist (24 items, length: 1 hour, 8 minutes, 13 seconds    :::    Remaining: 54 minutes, 44 seconds)


Even better: you could give every song a timestamp on which time of the day it'll end as in
Code:
[ 13:05:11] Cassandra Wilson - Hellhound On My Trail
[ 13:09:45] Cassandra Wilson - Black Crow

Does this make things more clear?

Greetz
swimmer

PS: I have to add that I'm working as a DJ as well and time management is quite important for me (besides the ability to pre-listen ;-)) ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
unK
l33t
l33t


Joined: 06 Feb 2007
Posts: 765

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swimmer wrote:
I was asking for something more general (even though I like srunnis request as well ;-)): on the very top of the playlist window you have something like
Code:
Playlist (24 items, length: 1 hour, 8 minutes, 13 seconds)

I'd like that to be enhanced to something like
Code:
Playlist (24 items, length: 1 hour, 8 minutes, 13 seconds    :::    Remaining: 54 minutes, 44 seconds)

Done. It's disabled by default though.

Regarding timestamp, the problem is it would need to be updated each minute (that's not so bad yet) or second (this is unacceptable ;))
_________________
ncmpcpp - featureful ncurses based MPD client inspired by ncmpc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
unK
l33t
l33t


Joined: 06 Feb 2007
Posts: 765

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ncmpcpp-0.3.1 released.

changes:
  • support for columns in browser and search engine
  • support for lyricsplugin database
  • support for any tag in search engine
  • support for ignoring leading "the" word while sorting (optional)
  • new feature: apply filter to screen (Ctrl-F by default)
  • new feature: playlist sorting (Ctrl-V by default)
  • new feature: open lyrics in external editor
  • other minor improvements and bugfixes

enjoy.
_________________
ncmpcpp - featureful ncurses based MPD client inspired by ncmpc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
srunni
Guru
Guru


Joined: 26 Dec 2007
Posts: 365

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I've got two more feature requests:
  • Queuing within the playlist (so that you can go out of the playlist order)
  • Stopping after the current song

_________________
Patrick Ewing wrote:
if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it’s a duck, right? So if this duck is not giving you the noise that you want, you’ve got to just punch that duck until it returns what you expect.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
unK
l33t
l33t


Joined: 06 Feb 2007
Posts: 765

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

srunni wrote:
Queuing within the playlist (so that you can go out of the playlist order)

I guess that's right time to add this to faq ;) see http://unkart.ovh.org/ncmpcpp/faq.php

srunni wrote:
Stopping after the current song

Why would you do that?
_________________
ncmpcpp - featureful ncurses based MPD client inspired by ncmpc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
srunni
Guru
Guru


Joined: 26 Dec 2007
Posts: 365

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unK wrote:
srunni wrote:
Stopping after the current song

Why would you do that?
I use it if I want to go do something AFK, but I first want to finish listening to the current song. I frequently use this feature in Amarok.

Also, another feature: multiple playlists, which I can switch between. This is something I've wanted for years in Amarok, but they are adamantly opposed to implementing this feature for some reason. It is one of the few things I miss about Windows—foobar2000 has support for tabbed playlists (they obviously wouldn't be tabbed in a CLI app, but you get the idea).
_________________
Patrick Ewing wrote:
if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it’s a duck, right? So if this duck is not giving you the noise that you want, you’ve got to just punch that duck until it returns what you expect.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
unK
l33t
l33t


Joined: 06 Feb 2007
Posts: 765

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

srunni wrote:
unK wrote:
srunni wrote:
Stopping after the current song

Why would you do that?
I use it if I want to go do something AFK, but I first want to finish listening to the current song. I frequently use this feature in Amarok.

Can you propose keybinding for enabling/disabling it? I'm out of ideas, lol.

srunni wrote:
Also, another feature: multiple playlists, which I can switch between. This is something I've wanted for years in Amarok, but they are adamantly opposed to implementing this feature for some reason. It is one of the few things I miss about Windows—foobar2000 has support for tabbed playlists (they obviously wouldn't be tabbed in a CLI app, but you get the idea).

I think achieving that without much effort is possible for now. You can save playlists and browse them in playlist editor tab. If you want to switch, just press enter on wanted playlist (could be followed by 'c' to clear the current one).

Btw, I'd like you to fill feature request bugs at mpd mantis in the future rather than posting it here. The reason is obvious, having them all in one place really helps and minimize the risk I'll forget about them.
_________________
ncmpcpp - featureful ncurses based MPD client inspired by ncmpc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
srunni
Guru
Guru


Joined: 26 Dec 2007
Posts: 365

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unK wrote:
srunni wrote:
unK wrote:
srunni wrote:
Stopping after the current song

Why would you do that?
I use it if I want to go do something AFK, but I first want to finish listening to the current song. I frequently use this feature in Amarok.

Can you propose keybinding for enabling/disabling it? I'm out of ideas, lol.
How about ``y''?

unK wrote:
srunni wrote:
Also, another feature: multiple playlists, which I can switch between. This is something I've wanted for years in Amarok, but they are adamantly opposed to implementing this feature for some reason. It is one of the few things I miss about Windows—foobar2000 has support for tabbed playlists (they obviously wouldn't be tabbed in a CLI app, but you get the idea).

I think achieving that without much effort is possible for now. You can save playlists and browse them in playlist editor tab. If you want to switch, just press enter on wanted playlist (could be followed by 'c' to clear the current one).
I don't think you understand what I mean. I want to be able to pause a playlist (even in the middle of a song), and then go to another playlist, listen to songs from that, and then be able to go back to the first playlist and continue from exactly where I was.

unK wrote:
Btw, I'd like you to fill feature request bugs at mpd mantis in the future rather than posting it here. The reason is obvious, having them all in one place really helps and minimize the risk I'll forget about them.
OK, will do.
_________________
Patrick Ewing wrote:
if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it’s a duck, right? So if this duck is not giving you the noise that you want, you’ve got to just punch that duck until it returns what you expect.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
unK
l33t
l33t


Joined: 06 Feb 2007
Posts: 765

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

srunni wrote:
How about ``y''?

Done.

srunni wrote:
I don't think you understand what I mean. I want to be able to pause a playlist (even in the middle of a song), and then go to another playlist, listen to songs from that, and then be able to go back to the first playlist and continue from exactly where I was.

Ah, something like this. In this case I think this feature request should go to mpd dev at first, not me. It's almost the same problem like with queueing, handling multiple playlist the way you described should be done by mpd itself as it cannot be implemented only in client without hacks.
_________________
ncmpcpp - featureful ncurses based MPD client inspired by ncmpc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dimanish
n00b
n00b


Joined: 04 May 2007
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be great if "queue this track" feature appears in ncmpcpp. :)
And individual screen with "queue manager" for this feature.
Thanks for player!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Master of the Darkside
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 02 Sep 2004
Posts: 94
Location: Iasi, Romania

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's already been said that such a feature should be impemented in mpd first, so the client can make use of it.
_________________
No weight nor mass nor beauty of execution can outweigh a grain or fragment of thought
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
unK
l33t
l33t


Joined: 06 Feb 2007
Posts: 765

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ncmpcpp-0.3.2 released.

changes:
  • new feature: locate currently playing song in browser
  • new feature: stop playing after current song
  • new feature: move item(s) in playlist to actual cursor's position
  • new feature: reverse playlist's order
  • support for external console editor
  • support for multiple composer, performer and disc tags
  • support for basic and extended regular expressions
  • make blocking search constraints after succesful searching optional
  • improved searching in screens
  • minor improvements and bugfixes

enjoy.
_________________
ncmpcpp - featureful ncurses based MPD client inspired by ncmpc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Master of the Darkside
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 02 Sep 2004
Posts: 94
Location: Iasi, Romania

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Compilation fails for me with:

Code:

configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating src/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: executing depfiles commands
config.status: executing libtool commands
/usr/bin/make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/ncmpcpp-0.3.2'
Making all in src
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/ncmpcpp-0.3.2/src'
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..   -D_UTF8 -I/usr/include/ncursesw  -I/usr/include/taglib  -march=core2 -fPIC -DPIC -pipe -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -MT browser.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/browser.Tpo -c -o browser.o browser.cpp
In file included from browser.cpp:27:
charset.h: In function 'std::string& utf_to_locale_cpy(const std::string&)':
charset.h:50: error: invalid initialization of reference of type 'std::string&' from expression of type 'const std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >'
charset.h: In function 'std::string& locale_to_utf_cpy(const std::string&)':
charset.h:51: error: invalid initialization of reference of type 'std::string&' from expression of type 'const std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >'
make[2]: *** [browser.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/ncmpcpp-0.3.2/src'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/ncmpcpp-0.3.2'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

_________________
No weight nor mass nor beauty of execution can outweigh a grain or fragment of thought
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum