Can't download portage snapshot
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hyphz
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Can't download portage snapshot Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm trying to install 2008b1 on VMWare 6.0.4 but encountering a strange bug. When I try to download the portage snapshot, the file is downloaded but then at the end of the file, the transfer does not "hang up" properly, so 32mb is reached but then the download remains open, running at 0b/s forever. If I abort the transfer the xzip2 file is truncated. This happened on several mirrors, with both FTP and HTTP, and downloading the portage-latest symbolic link or the actual file linked to.

Also, after this happen, networking will stop working for a few minutes with a "no route to host" error no matter what site is accessed. After some time the networking starts to work again.
baldeante
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't download portage snapshot Reply with quote

hyphz wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to install 2008b1 on VMWare 6.0.4 but encountering a strange bug. When I try to download the portage snapshot, the file is downloaded but then at the end of the file, the transfer does not "hang up" properly, so 32mb is reached but then the download remains open, running at 0b/s forever. If I abort the transfer the xzip2 file is truncated. This happened on several mirrors, with both FTP and HTTP, and downloading the portage-latest symbolic link or the actual file linked to.

Also, after this happen, networking will stop working for a few minutes with a "no route to host" error no matter what site is accessed. After some time the networking starts to work again.

Did you try any other Gentoo live CD just to make sure isn't a iso/CD problem ??

Can you try vmware server witch is free ???

Just in case you don't want to or dont't like vmare server you can always get the portage from another computer and upload it to your virtual machine over ssh ...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: