Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheater1034
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Tao wrote:
cheater1034 wrote:
I do not like paludis myself, it seems really slow compared to portage 2.2 in every way, especially when resolving dependencies.

Also, i have the exact same configs on portage as paludis, but for some reason random packages (ie xorg-server) get compile failure in paludis, then when i use emerge they build fine (compile failure, which is really strange, even using paludis with the portage use flag so i could use portages configs directly fails)
I'm not 100% sure, but performance issues might be associated with fact that you use legacy portage configurations with paludis. I also did complete ~amd64 system rebuild yesterday (yes, with reiser4 ;)) without any xorg issues. When I encountered compilation problems in the past, they usually were result of fancy CFLAGS settings, so I had to add something like this in bashrc
/etc/paludis/bashrc:
if [[ "${CATEGORY}/${PN}" == "sys-fs/udev" ]] ; then
   MAKEOPTS="-j1"
   LDFLAGS="-O1 ---hash-style=gnu --sort-common --as-needed -z now"
fi
Before I switched to paludis I also experiented with pkgcore (because I felt somehow lukewarm about paludis because of widely spread hoax of paludis devs being user enemies) but one day it sudenly died, probably as a result of python update or whatever and I haven't been able to resurrect it (too many dependecies).

As we were mentioning some of benefits of portage 2.2, even with all that progress I doubt it would have such an elegant support for repositories.

Well, the thing is that my CFLAGS are -O2 -march=native -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe. And they are the exact same in portage/paludis, as well as the LDFLAGS, but for some reason i get compile failures with it but portage doesn't get them

Quote:
Quote:
1) Now i'm on multilib 64-bit (before i had been running i686 on my core 2 duo)

What is the benefit of that?

Now my system is running 64-bit (amd64), instead of 32-bit x86 (i686) ;)
Lost in android development land.
n0rbi666
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi :)

Has anyone got problems with reiser4 on ~amd64 ?
I've got latest gentoo-sources with that: http://omploader.org/vbW1v patch, and when I want to copy something to reiser4 partition - system hangs :| (For example I've created reiser4 with mkfs.reiserfs on /var/tmp/portage - and when I want to emerge something - system hangs ...)
There is no output to console or /var/log/messages, but I can reboot with SysRq key.

The same situation is when I'm using compressed reiser4...

Entry in /etc/fstab
Code:
/dev/sda6      /var/tmp/portage   reiser4      defaults,noatime,nodiratime 0 1

emerge --info
Code:
Portage 2.2_rc3 (default/linux/amd64/2008.0, gcc-4.3.1, glibc-2.8_p20080602-r0, 2.6.26-gentoo x86_64)
=================================================================
System uname: Linux-2.6.26-gentoo-x86_64-AMD_Athlon-tm-_64_X2_Dual_Core_Processor_4000+-with-glibc2.2.5
Timestamp of tree: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 10:06:01 +0000
app-shells/bash:     3.2_p39
dev-java/java-config: 1.3.7, 2.1.6-r1
dev-lang/python:     2.5.2-r5
sys-apps/baselayout: 2.0.0
sys-apps/openrc:     0.2.5
sys-apps/sandbox:    1.2.18.1-r3
sys-devel/autoconf:  2.62-r1
sys-devel/automake:  1.10.1-r1
sys-devel/binutils:  2.18-r3
sys-devel/gcc-config: 1.4.0-r4
sys-devel/libtool:   2.2.4
virtual/os-headers:  2.6.25-r4
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64 ~amd64"
CBUILD="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-O2 -march=native -mfpmath=sse -msse3 -ftree-vectorize -pipe"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/kde/3.5/env /usr/kde/3.5/share/config /usr/kde/3.5/shutdown /usr/share/config"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/env.d /etc/env.d/java/ /etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf /etc/gentoo-release /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/terminfo /etc/udev/rules.d"
CXXFLAGS="-O2 -march=native -mfpmath=sse -msse3 -ftree-vectorize -pipe"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="distlocks parallel-fetch preserve-libs sandbox sfperms strict unmerge-orphans userfetch"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://distfiles.gentoo.org http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/gentoo"
LANG="pl_PL.UTF-8"
LC_ALL="pl_PL.UTF-8"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--sort-common -Wl,--hash-style=gnu -Wl,--as-needed"
LINGUAS="pl"
MAKEOPTS="-j4"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --stats --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/kadu /usr/local/layman/desktop-effects"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="3dnow 3dnowext X acl alsa amd64 berkdb bzip2 cairo cli cracklib crypt cups dbus djvu dri encode fam fortran gdbm gif gpm gtk hal iconv isdnlog java jpeg jpeg2k midi mmx mmxext mp3 mudflap multilib ncurses nls nptl nptlonly nsplugin opengl openmp pam pcre perl pic png pppd python readline reflection samba sdl session smp spell spl sse sse2 ssl svg tcpd threads tiff truetype type1 unicode v4l v4l2 vorbis xcomposite xfce xinerama xml xorg xv zlib" ALSA_CARDS="emu10k1" ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw asym copy dmix dshare dsnoop empty extplug file hooks iec958 ioplug ladspa lfloat linear meter mulaw multi null plug rate route share shm softvol" APACHE2_MODULES="actions alias auth_basic authn_alias authn_anon authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache dav dav_fs dav_lock deflate dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers include info log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation rewrite setenvif speling status unique_id userdir usertrack vhost_alias" ELIBC="glibc" INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LINGUAS="pl" LIRC_DEVICES="devinput" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia"
Unset:  CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, INSTALL_MASK, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS

(The same situation was, when I wasn't using -ftree-vectorize - so it's not CFLAGS problem )
dusanc
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

n0rbi666 wrote:
Hi :)

Has anyone got problems with reiser4 on ~amd64 ?
I've got latest gentoo-sources with that: http://omploader.org/vbW1v patch, and when I want to copy something to reiser4 partition - system hangs :| (For example I've created reiser4 with mkfs.reiserfs on /var/tmp/portage - and when I want to emerge something - system hangs ...)
There is no output to console or /var/log/messages, but I can reboot with SysRq key.

The same situation is when I'm using compressed reiser4...

Entry in /etc/fstab
Code:
/dev/sda6      /var/tmp/portage   reiser4      defaults,noatime,nodiratime 0 1

Have you used mkfs.reiser4 or mkfs.reiserfs?
Also if you're using it for portage cryptocompressed reiser4 is way better, you can make it this way:
mkfs.reiser4 -o create=ccreg40,compress=lzo1 /dev/sda6
dusanc
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheater1034 wrote:
I've made several changes to the guide so far (my second time installing gentoo using it), just making it more clear, and describing multiple FS's, as reiser4 seems to be causing data loss, and eventual failure.)

Hi
Can you give some more info how this happened?
Was it regular reiser4.patch on gentoo-sources?
Can it be reproduced?
n0rbi666
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dusanc wrote:
Have you used mkfs.reiser4 or mkfs.reiserfs?
I was using mkfs.reiser4
Quote:
Also if you're using it for portage cryptocompressed reiser4 is way better, you can make it this way:
mkfs.reiser4 -o create=ccreg40,compress=lzo1 /dev/sda6

I was using mkfs.reiser4 -o create=ccreg40,compress=lzo1 /dev/sda6 , but copying anything on that partition caused system hang. So I wanted to investigate, is it compress fault or just reiser4 fault - so I dida mkfs.reiser4 /dev/sda6 - and again, copying anything on that partition caused system hang.
dusanc
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you try plain reiser4-for-2.6.25.patch from http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/edward/reiser4/reiser4-for-2.6/ ?
n0rbi666
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dusanc wrote:
Can you try plain reiser4-for-2.6.25.patch from http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/edward/reiser4/reiser4-for-2.6/ ?

It's working ! :) emerge portage did competed successfully :) THX for help ! :D

Next question : I want to switch / and /usr/portage to reiser4+lzo, but what for /var/tmp/portage ? Reiser3.6, reiser4 without compression or reiser4+lzo ?
dusanc
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that I use optimal layout (obviously) so here's my setup:
Code:
/dev/sda1      /boot      ext2      noauto,noatime   1 2
/dev/sda2      /      reiser4      noatime      0 0
/dev/sda3      none      swap      sw      0 0
/dev/sda4      /home      ext3      noatime      1 1

I have a 500GB disk at /dev/sdb1 for multimedia files (divx and mp3) which is currently ext3 but I think about converting it to reiserfs or XFS.
I don't believe in too much partitions, or in one fs that is the best one. I think that every fs has its strongpoints.
So for big multimedia files I don't use reiser4, but for my / I don't use ext3 :)
Oh and I'm not trying testing patches for experimental FS on valuable unbackuped data :)
I think that reiser4 should be used with compression because when it works it's a lot faster and more efficient and when it doesn't (on incompressable data) it's the same as plain reiser4.
kernelOfTruth
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dusanc wrote:
I think that I use optimal layout (obviously) so here's my setup:
Code:
/dev/sda1      /boot      ext2      noauto,noatime   1 2
/dev/sda2      /      reiser4      noatime      0 0
/dev/sda3      none      swap      sw      0 0
/dev/sda4      /home      ext3      noatime      1 1

I have a 500GB disk at /dev/sdb1 for multimedia files (divx and mp3) which is currently ext3 but I think about converting it to reiserfs or XFS.
I don't believe in too much partitions, or in one fs that is the best one. I think that every fs has its strongpoints.
So for big multimedia files I don't use reiser4, but for my / I don't use ext3 :)
Oh and I'm not trying testing patches for experimental FS on valuable unbackuped data :)
I think that reiser4 should be used with compression because when it works it's a lot faster and more efficient and when it doesn't (on incompressable data) it's the same as plain reiser4.

are you sure that /usr/portage shouldn't be on an separate partition ?

after using reiser4+gzip1 on /usr/portage on an separate partition it's (subjectively) faster than on /
:idea:
perhaps there's no need for another partition because of the compression and much less fragmentation but I'm a little retro in these cases :wink:

I just noticed yesterday afternoon reiser4 still could be improved in delete performance: deleting 1.3 GB of distfiles took a pretty long time :(

@n0rbi666:

glad, that it works for you now,
have fun ! :)

Hardcore Gentoo Linux user since 2004 :D
dusanc
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kernelOfTruth wrote:
are you sure that /usr/portage shouldn't be on an separate partition ?

after using reiser4+gzip1 on /usr/portage on an separate partition it's (subjectively) faster than on /
:idea:
perhaps there's no need for another partition because of the compression and much less fragmentation but I'm a little retro in these cases :wink:

I just noticed yesterday afternoon reiser4 still could be improved in delete performance: deleting 1.3 GB of distfiles took a pretty long time :(

Yes fragmentation can be a problem. It's all upto your usage scenario. As I'm not a "emerge --sync every day" kind of guy and I have about 70% free space on / I still don't have any probles on a year or so old gentoo install on reiser4+cc. It'll happen over time I believe, but then I'll just tar everything, make a full backup and untar it back :)
And your hunch is good, because compression better manages small files which are most blamed for fragmentating your fs.
My WD raptor is silent with a year fragmented r4+cc compared to newly intalled on ext3 :)
Oh and I think that long delete times are known, atleast I reported it once.
the.ant
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

n0rbi666 wrote:

Next question : I want to switch / and /usr/portage to reiser4+lzo, but what for /var/tmp/portage ? Reiser3.6, reiser4 without compression or reiser4+lzo ?

Why not temporarily mount it as tmpfs only when you need it? If you are not very short on RAM (i.e. have at least 2GB) it's IMHO the best option, it's fast and you are not wasting any HD-space.
You can do it with only one GB as well, but then some bigger packages won't compile.
westie-driver
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I needed to reinstall my Gentoo and wanted to follow this guide but I can't download the overlay and the config files, they are no longer on the server.
Can I download them from elsewhere.

Quote:

# For Overlays
mkdir /mnt/gentoo/usr/local/portage
wget conrad.whitesouls.com/overlay/portage.tar.bz2
tar jxvf portage.tar.bz2 -C /mnt/gentoo/usr/local/portage
# For portage config files
mkdir /mnt/gentoo/etc/portage
wget conrad.whitesouls.com/configs/config.tar.bz2
tar jxvf config.tar.bz2 -C /mnt/gentoo/etc/portage

thanks
StifflerStealth
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheater1034 wrote:
Also, i don't personally use pkgcore or paludis, and i don't want to restrict user choice, i'm contemplating making stage1 tarballs for use with the guide (with gcc 4.3.1), but I don't really want to since I don't constrict anything.

_if_ I added pkgcore or paludis documentation it would be because:
1) Someone else wrote the installation instructions for it
2) It's _optional_ and isn't required
3) The overlays were converted for paludis (and the configs)
4) The written section is tested by me

If someone wants, write a section for me (it has to be before emerge -e system, because i don't want to have a local chroot and have to emerge -e system before i can test it), tell me where the section is supposed to belong in the guide, and i'll test it up, if it looks good i'll format it and slap it in there making other changes throughout the guide myself.
I might take this challenge as soon as I am finished with some other personal projects. :) I have a lot on my to do list. I like how you don't want to restrict personal choice! To get paludis to work, I think all emerge's need to be replaced with paludis with the appropriate switches. There might need to be a few packages modified to exclude pulling in portage. I think it should be possible to run completely portage free now. That requires investigations. Like run emerge paludis, then paludis -u portage to get rid of portage.

Hmmm. I need to think about this. If someone has more time than me, you could try changing the bootstrap to say paludis -i instead of emerge, and add in this overlay: https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-543692-highlight-.html It might work.

Step one would be to install paludis, then running the portage 2 paludis script, and uninstalling portage.
Step two would be to run the modified bootstrap.
The rest of the steps should pretty much follow this guide. Since paludis has better handling of dependencies, you might need to run commands to get rid of circular depends or whatever.

Cheers.
cheater1034
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

westie-driver wrote:
I needed to reinstall my Gentoo and wanted to follow this guide but I can't download the overlay and the config files, they are no longer on the server.
Can I download them from elsewhere.

Quote:

# For Overlays
mkdir /mnt/gentoo/usr/local/portage
wget conrad.whitesouls.com/overlay/portage.tar.bz2
tar jxvf portage.tar.bz2 -C /mnt/gentoo/usr/local/portage
# For portage config files
mkdir /mnt/gentoo/etc/portage
wget conrad.whitesouls.com/configs/config.tar.bz2
tar jxvf config.tar.bz2 -C /mnt/gentoo/etc/portage

thanks

I will look into this soon, hopefully i don't have to work today and it'll be fixed this afternoon.
Strowi
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

i have put those files on a mirror, for the time being you can grab them from:
Code:

http://hasnoname.de/conrad/config.tar.bz2
http://hasnoname.de/conrad/portage.tar.bz2
http://hasnoname.de/conrad/gcc.tar.bz2

cheater1034
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strowi wrote:
Hi,

i have put those files on a mirror, for the time being you can grab them from:
Code:

http://hasnoname.de/conrad/config.tar.bz2
http://hasnoname.de/conrad/portage.tar.bz2
http://hasnoname.de/conrad/gcc.tar.bz2

Thanks very much, i am going to re-upload the configs/gcc stuff momentarily.

However, the portage.tar.bz2 (overlays) are deprecated, now anything i add to the overlays can be found in the zen-overlay (layman -a zen-overlay)
cbart
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to write, that flash/firefox sound doesn't work on oss-devel with USE="flash" on amd64 (maybe just for me).

I solved the problem this way:

Code:
# echo "media-sound/oss-devel -flash" >> /usr/portage/package.use
# echo "=net-www/netscape-flash-10_beta20080702" >> /usr/portage/package.mask
# emerge --unmerge net-www/libflashsupport
# emerge -av media-sound/oss-devel app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-soundlibs net-www/netscape-flash net-www/nspluginwrapper
# /etc/init.d/oss restart

There was a file collision between libflashsupport.so taken from net-www/libflashsupport and app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-soundlibs and i suppose there was something wrong with the net-www/libflashsupport version. On the oss wiki, there is a post about this issue, and they wrote that it can be solved just by rebuilding net-www/libflashsupport, but it didn't work here. Hope this post helped someone ;-)
jjwc
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm following this guide now and have been having some fairly good luck so far on my mini-server (with only an 800MHz VIA Samuel 2 processor!).

One thing to note: I had to mask >bash-3.2_p33 because bash-3.2_p39 causes a block at emerge -e system.
Mr. Tao
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm doing another install right now and just want add some changes I've made with respect to the guide.
  • In 8.1 I've emerged ccache and portage before gcc.
  • Before 8.5 (bootstrap.sh) I've added EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--jobs --keep-going" in make.conf.
seren
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say cheater I used your guide for a general walk through with stage 1, the overall experience was extremely positive great guide and I'm very happy you kept it conservative. I'm using zenmm and this is my emerge --info great work!

Portage 2.2_rc8 (default/linux/x86/2008.0/desktop, gcc-4.3.1, glibc-2.8_p20080602-r0, 2.6.27-rc5-mm1 i686)
=================================================================
System uname: 2.6.27-rc5-zenmm1-i686-AMD_Athlon-tm-_64_X2_Dual_Core_Processor_5000+-with-glibc2.0
Timestamp of tree: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 04:00:01 +0000
app-shells/bash: 3.2_p39
dev-java/java-config: 1.3.7, 2.1.6-r1
dev-lang/python: 2.5.2-r7
sys-apps/baselayout: 2.0.0
sys-apps/openrc: 9999
sys-apps/sandbox: 1.2.18.1-r3
sys-devel/autoconf: 2.13, 2.62-r1
sys-devel/automake: 1.5, 1.7.9-r1, 1.8.5-r3, 1.9.6-r2, 1.10.1-r1
sys-devel/binutils: 2.18-r3
sys-devel/gcc-config: 1.4.0-r4
sys-devel/libtool: 2.2.4
virtual/os-headers: 2.6.26
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="x86 ~x86"
CBUILD="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-Os -march=native -falign-functions -freorder-blocks -fomit-frame-pointer -ftracer -fweb -pipe"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/env.d /etc/env.d/java/ /etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf /etc/gentoo-release /etc/php/apache2-php5/ext-active/ /etc/php/cgi-php5/ext-active/ /etc/php/cli-php5/ext-active/ /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/splash /etc/terminfo /etc/udev/rules.d"
CXXFLAGS="-Os -march=native -falign-functions -freorder-blocks -fomit-frame-pointer -ftracer -fweb -pipe -fvisibility-inlines-hidden"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--jobs --load-average 4"
FEATURES="candy distlocks parallel-fetch preserve-libs sandbox sfperms strict unmerge-orphans userfetch userpriv usersandbox"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://distfiles.gentoo.org http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/gentoo"
LANG="C"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--sort-common -Wl,--as-needed"
LINGUAS="en_US en"
MAKEOPTS="-j3"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --stats --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage/layman/xfce /usr/local/portage/layman/desktop-effects /usr/local/portage/layman/openrc /usr/local/portage/layman/lxde /usr/local/portage/layman/berkano /usr/local/portage/layman/nx /usr/local/portage/layman/sunrise /usr/local/portage"
Strowi
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

just wanted to let you know that conrad.whitesouls.com seems to be unreachable again... Just as i wanted to test te paludis part of the install...;(
seren
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any and all configs on whitesouls are obsolete there is no use for them to be available.
Strowi
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

right, thx! I remember reading that a while ago... must've been too late for me.;)
AlphaHeX
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seren wrote:
any and all configs on whitesouls are obsolete there is no use for them to be available.

If they are obsolete what is the sequence of steps to do a bootstrap? Do we use bootstrap.sh delivered with portage? or any other special version?
seren
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlphaHeX wrote:
seren wrote:

If they are obsolete what is the sequence of steps to do a bootstrap? Do we use bootstrap.sh delivered with portage? or any other special version?

Yes you would use the supplied bootstrap that is in portage. Also you can use your own configs and it shouldn't be too difficult to hack some up if you need me to
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: