[solved] Backlight dimming for a Toshiba U300
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bonanit
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: [solved] Backlight dimming for a Toshiba U300 Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I have been trying to configure my laptop to allow dimming the backlight of my toshiba satellite pro u300 with no success. The thing is I tried an Ubuntu livecd and it works there, so at least I'm sure it's possible. I think the relevant modules that get loaded in Ubuntu are wmi_acer, video and output. However, in my gentoo sources 2.6.25-r4 the first one is called acer-wmi so I'm not sure it's the same (I think in Ubuntu it's backported), and the other two I cannot find. Besides, if I try to load acer-wmi, I get an error stating that the WMI interface is not supported.

So, does anyone has any hints on how to proceed? Am I looking for the proper modules? I also have to say that I tried the omnibook module which has support for some Toshiba laptops, but not for mine. Also, all the toshiba tools present in portage are for even older laptops.

Thanks!

Last edited by bonanit on Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
bonanit
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm a bit stupid. I just tried to change it by pressing the Fn+Fx combination on the keyboard and it just works, though I still don't know how.

Anyway, I'll add a solved in the topic.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: