Need assistance with squid and tproxy
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RioFL
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:39 am    Post subject: Need assistance with squid and tproxy Reply with quote

Not sure if this is where to put this.

I am attempting to create a completely transparent/anonymous web cache that will never reveal itself or its own ip but will pass on the ip of the connecting user. it will use wccp redirect in the router so that the user will never know they are being cached. this is for our office.

I emerged the latest versions of squid and iptables and squid ran just fine in tests, but then i was told i needed the tproxy patches. It all went downhill from there :) i unpacked the vanilla sources of iptables, squid and 2.6.24 kernel and patched them all using the 'approved' tproxy4 patches and set up wccp in the router. the very best we can get is it delivers the user's ip to about half the sites while others can detect the squid ip address and report that. i need to be able to hide this completely from everything no matter what.

does anyone have such a system running? If so could you share what you used? or we would be willing to compensate you to set this up for us. we have a test machine and once it is running properly the source trees and configs will be relocated and recompiled under amd64 to the production machine.

any help will be appreciated.

Chuck
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: