Ubigraph, missing libxmlrpc_xmlparse.so.3
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
c00l.wave
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Ubigraph, missing libxmlrpc_xmlparse.so.3 Reply with quote

I found Ubigraph today and wanted to take a look at it. Unfortunately it consists of a client and a server which are both free but only the client is open source. First I got an error about the missing file libxmlrpc_client.so.3 and emerged dev-libs/xmlrpc-c. Now I'm getting:

Code:
bin/ubigraph_server: error while loading shared libraries: libxmlrpc_xmlparse.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

That does not seem to have been compiled with xmlrpc-c... Any idea how to get that module?
c00l.wave
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, now that I've got some time to check on that problem I figured out that the ebuild for dev-libs/xmlrpc-c has --enable-libxml2-backend hardcoded as a parameter to configure. By removing it, xmlrpc-c uses an expat snapshot packaged with the xmlrpc-c source archive. Maybe using it imposes a security risk, but at least it builds the previously missing module. If it's okay to use it it would be better to make this configurable by a USE flag (archivedexpat or simply xmlparse or something like that)?

Next problem to solve is an outdated stable GCC as far as I got the reason for this message right: (in some older posts people report the problem solves by upgrading to 4.2)

Code:
bin/ubigraph_server: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.2/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by bin/ubigraph_server)

Edit: Seems I'm stuck with that problem: According to several bug reports I won't be able to get my system running with 4.2 atm and I don't like to backup, recompile for 3 days and then restore because everything's broken and all that just for playing with one app... :?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: