Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
KDE4 Overlay (Part 6)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 26, 27, 28  Next  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kdelibs failed- error here. http://pastebin.com/m6db5d449
When I just sync'd, I got this:
Code:
sync kde4-experimental> sets/qt-split.conf: needs update               
sync kde4-experimental> error: Entry 'sets/qt-split.conf' not uptodate. Cannot merge.
I was thinking about updating qt to final 4.4.0 from rc1- could this be causing kdelibs problems. Anyone else have kdelibs fail, and a reason why?

I'm trying a source delete, and not using anything in /etc/paludis/sets.
OpenRC Gentoo ~amd64 plasma, glibc-2.36-r7, gcc-13.2.1_p20230304
kernel-6.8.4 USE=experimental python3_11
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrc1944 wrote:
Kdelibs failed- error here. http://pastebin.com/m6db5d449

Someone upstream didn't test compile...
The build bot fails, too...

Quote:
When I just sync'd, I got this:
Code:
sync kde4-experimental> sets/qt-split.conf: needs update               
sync kde4-experimental> error: Entry 'sets/qt-split.conf' not uptodate. Cannot merge.
I was thinking about updating qt to final 4.4.0 from rc1- could this be causing kdelibs problems.

I guess that is because you modified the set. Go to the overlay dir and run:
Code:
git reset --hard HEAD

That should fix it.
If you want to keep changes, you have to commit them, git would then merge changes, if possible (there could be merge conflicts, but normally it works quite well).
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berniyh wrote:
Quote:
I guess that is because you modified the set. Go to the overlay dir and run: Code:
git reset --hard HEAD

That should fix it.
If you want to keep changes, you have to commit them, git would then merge changes, if possible (there could be merge conflicts, but normally it works quite well).

Hmmm. I didn't touch anything in the overlay, including sets, I just renamed the /etc/paludis/sets directectory, and created and empty /etc/paludis/sets directory (just to play it safe). Was that wrong, or unnecessary?

Should I still do the git reset, and then I can get qt-4.4.0 final?

EDIT: Did the git reset --hard HEAD, then paludis -pi1 --dl-reinstall-targets always qt-split, and got this: http://pastebin.com/m25a1743b
It still wants rc1, and 5 new packages, so I guess qt-4.4.0 isn't available yet?

Do I really need these 5 new packages with rc1, and is it necessary to rebuild rc1 now, or can I wait for 4.4.0 final and do everything then? This low powered test box (athlon 1700Mhz/512mb ram) really hates rebuilding qt. :wink:

Last edited by wrc1944 on Tue May 13, 2008 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrc1944 wrote:
Berniyh wrote:
Quote:
I guess that is because you modified the set. Go to the overlay dir and run: Code:
git reset --hard HEAD

That should fix it.

Hmmm. I didn't touch anything in the overlay, including sets, I just renamed the /etc/paludis/sets directectory, and created and empty /etc/paludis/sets directory (just to play it safe). Was that wrong, or unnecessary?

I can't tell you what you did, all I can tell you, that that is the reason why it fails. ;)

Quote:
Should I still do the git reset, and then I can get qt-4.4.0 final?

qt-4.4.0 final has not yet been done (but is worked on) and it won't go into the overlay, but into the official tree.
I don't know when that will happen, you will have to wait, sorry.
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could this "reinstalling-automoc' is not a valid package name part' (paludis::PackageNamePartError)" be causing kdelibs to keep failing, or is it still a problem upstream?
Code:
gentoo-audio rob # paludis -i kde-scm --dl-reinstall-targets always
Building target list... paludis@1210699314: [WARNING e.vdb.packages.failure] In program paludis (--log-level warning) -i kde-scm --dl-reinstall-targets always:
  ... When performing install action from command line:
  ... When adding install target 'kde-scm':
  ... When loading package set 'kde-scm' from '/var/paludis/repositories/kde4-experimental/sets/kde-scm.conf':
  ... When parsing atoms in paludis conf set file '/var/paludis/repositories/kde4-experimental/sets/kde-scm.conf':
  ... When handling line '? kde-base/kate:kde-svn':
  ... When fetching versions of 'kde-base/kate' in installed:
  ... When loading package names from '/var/db/pkg' in category 'kde-base':
  ... Skipping VDB package dir '/var/db/pkg/kde-base/-checking-automoc-scm' due to exception 'Name '-checking-automoc' is not a valid package name part' (paludis::PackageNamePartError)
paludis@1210699314: [WARNING e.vdb.packages.failure] (same context) Skipping VDB package dir '/var/db/pkg/kde-base/-reinstalling-automoc-scm' due to exception 'Name '-reinstalling-automoc' is not a valid package name part' (paludis::PackageNamePartError)

Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrc1944 wrote:
Did the git reset --hard HEAD, then paludis -pi1 --dl-reinstall-targets always qt-split, and got this: http://pastebin.com/m25a1743b
It still wants rc1, and 5 new packages, so I guess qt-4.4.0 isn't available yet

See above.

wrc1944 wrote:
Could this "reinstalling-automoc' is not a valid package name part' (paludis::PackageNamePartError)" be causing kdelibs to keep failing, or is it still a problem upstream?
Code:
gentoo-audio rob # paludis -i kde-scm --dl-reinstall-targets always
Building target list... paludis@1210699314: [WARNING e.vdb.packages.failure] In program paludis (--log-level warning) -i kde-scm --dl-reinstall-targets always:
  ... When performing install action from command line:
  ... When adding install target 'kde-scm':
  ... When loading package set 'kde-scm' from '/var/paludis/repositories/kde4-experimental/sets/kde-scm.conf':
  ... When parsing atoms in paludis conf set file '/var/paludis/repositories/kde4-experimental/sets/kde-scm.conf':
  ... When handling line '? kde-base/kate:kde-svn':
  ... When fetching versions of 'kde-base/kate' in installed:
  ... When loading package names from '/var/db/pkg' in category 'kde-base':
  ... Skipping VDB package dir '/var/db/pkg/kde-base/-checking-automoc-scm' due to exception 'Name '-checking-automoc' is not a valid package name part' (paludis::PackageNamePartError)
paludis@1210699314: [WARNING e.vdb.packages.failure] (same context) Skipping VDB package dir '/var/db/pkg/kde-base/-reinstalling-automoc-scm' due to exception 'Name '-reinstalling-automoc' is not a valid package name part' (paludis::PackageNamePartError)

This means, that a installation has been aborted during a phase that wrote on the disk.
Remove the dirs -checking-automoc-scm and -reinstalling-automoc-scm (and *ONLY* those) and reinstall automoc, to be sure.
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berniyh- I'll try reinstalling automoc. However, I tried again and kdelibs just failed with a new error- Looks like you might be right about "solid" being the next failure mystery. :roll:
Code:
[ 23%] Building CXX object solid/solid/CMakeFiles/solid_static.dir/backends/hal/halstorage.o   
[ 23%] Building CXX object solid/solid/CMakeFiles/solid_static.dir/backends/hal/halvideo.o     
/var/tmp/paludis/kde-base-kdelibs-scm/work/kdelibs-scm/solid/solid/backends/hal/halvideo.cpp:43: warning: unused parameter 'protocol'                                                         
[ 23%] Building CXX object solid/solid/CMakeFiles/solid_static.dir/backends/hal/halvolume.o   
[ 23%] Building CXX object solid/solid/CMakeFiles/solid_static.dir/powermanagementinterface.o 
[ 23%] Building CXX object solid/solid/CMakeFiles/solid_static.dir/inhibitinterface.o         
[ 23%] Building CXX object solid/solid/CMakeFiles/solid_static.dir/org_kde_solid_networking_client.o                                                                                         
Linking CXX static library ../../lib/libsolid_static.a                                         
[ 25%] Built target solid_static                                                               
make: *** [all] Error 2                                                                       

!!! ERROR in kde-base/kdelibs-scm:
!!! In cmake-utils_src_make at line 1084
!!! Make failed!                       

!!! Call stack:
!!!    * cmake-utils_src_make (/var/tmp/paludis/kde-base-kdelibs-scm/temp/loadsaveenv:1084)
!!!    * kde4-base_src_make (/var/tmp/paludis/kde-base-kdelibs-scm/temp/loadsaveenv:3068) 
!!!    * kde4-base_src_compile (/var/tmp/paludis/kde-base-kdelibs-scm/temp/loadsaveenv:3038)
!!!    * src_compile (/var/tmp/paludis/kde-base-kdelibs-scm/temp/loadsaveenv:3946)         
!!!    * ebuild_f_compile (/usr/libexec/paludis/1/src_compile.bash:49)                     
!!!    * ebuild_main (/usr/libexec/paludis/ebuild.bash:460)                                 
!!!    * main (/usr/libexec/paludis/ebuild.bash:479)                                       

diefunc: making ebuild PID 19430 exit with error
die trap: exiting with error.                   

Install error:
  * In program paludis (--log-level warning) -i kde-scm --dl-reinstall-targets always:
  * When performing install action from command line:                                 
  * When executing install task:                                                     
  * When installing 'kde-base/kdelibs-scm:kde-svn::kde4-experimental':   

Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrc1944 wrote:
Berniyh- I'll try reinstalling automoc. However, I tried again and kdelibs just failed with a new error- Looks like you might be right about "solid" being the next failure mystery.

No, that's the same error, you just didn't catch it right.
beso_1717
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there a way to have kaffeine and the old amarok 1.4 work again with phonon?! i don't have audio in either kaffeine, amarok, latfm after returning to xorg-server 1.4 (i've lost compiz functionality for returning to xorg-server 1.4). now i'm using dragonplayer instead of kaffeine and amarok 2 instead of 1.4, but the first is too poor as a player when compared to kaffeine while the second cannot add files from the collection to the playlist and doesn't seem capable of replaying the playlist automatically with repeat all.
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK- I'm fed up :roll: I'm rebuilding qt rc1 before I do anything else. :? This time the error is similar to the first time today, and mentions the QtCore stuff again.
Code:
[ 25%] Building CXX object kioslave/http/kcookiejar/CMakeFiles/kcookiejar4.dir/main.o         
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qmetatype.h: In static member function 'static int QMetaTypeId2<T>::qt_metatype_id() [with T = QList<int>]':                                                         
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qmetatype.h:201:   instantiated from 'int qMetaTypeId(T*) [with T = QList<int>]'                                                                                     
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qvariant.h:433:   instantiated from 'QVariant qVariantFromValue(const T&) [with T = QList<int>]'                                                                     
/var/tmp/paludis/kde-base-kdelibs-scm/work/kdelibs_build/kioslave/http/kcookiejar/kcookieserverinterface.h:90:   instantiated from here                                                       
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qmetatype.h:191: error: 'qt_metatype_id' is not a member of 'QMetaTypeId<QList<int> >'                                                                               
make[2]: *** [kioslave/http/kcookiejar/CMakeFiles/kcookiejar4.dir/main.o] Error 1             
make[1]: *** [kioslave/http/kcookiejar/CMakeFiles/kcookiejar4.dir/all] Error 2                 
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....                                                   
Linking CXX shared library ../lib/libkdeinit4_kconf_update.so                                 
[ 25%] Built target kdeinit_kconf_update                                                       
make: *** [all] Error 2                                                                       

!!! ERROR in kde-base/kdelibs-scm:
!!! In cmake-utils_src_make at line 1083
!!! Make failed!                       

!!! Call stack:
!!!    * cmake-utils_src_make (/var/tmp/paludis/kde-base-kdelibs-scm/temp/loadsaveenv:1083)
!!!    * kde4-base_src_make (/var/tmp/paludis/kde-base-kdelibs-scm/temp/loadsaveenv:3067) 
!!!    * kde4-base_src_compile (/var/tmp/paludis/kde-base-kdelibs-scm/temp/loadsaveenv:3037)
!!!    * src_compile (/var/tmp/paludis/kde-base-kdelibs-scm/temp/loadsaveenv:3945)         
!!!    * ebuild_f_compile (/usr/libexec/paludis/1/src_compile.bash:49)                     
!!!    * ebuild_main (/usr/libexec/paludis/ebuild.bash:460)                                 
!!!    * main (/usr/libexec/paludis/ebuild.bash:479)

Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beso_1717 wrote:
is there a way to have kaffeine and the old amarok 1.4 work again with phonon?! i don't have audio in either kaffeine, amarok, latfm after returning to xorg-server 1.4 (i've lost compiz functionality for returning to xorg-server 1.4). now i'm using dragonplayer instead of kaffeine and amarok 2 instead of 1.4, but the first is too poor as a player when compared to kaffeine while the second cannot add files from the collection to the playlist and doesn't seem capable of replaying the playlist automatically with repeat all.

No, unfortunately, it's not possible to get amarok 1.4 using Phonon, the same with every kde3 app. For amarok you can tell it to use xine directly, that should work. I don't know about kaffeine.
If you want a Qt4 player, try vlc-0.9* or smplayer.
Amarok 2 is still pre alpha, so no wonder it doesn't really work.

wrc1944 wrote:
OK- I'm fed up :roll: I'm rebuilding qt rc1 before I do anything else. :? This time the error is similar to the first time today, and mentions the QtCore stuff again.

As I said before, the build bot fails and if that fails there is no need to try it on your own again and again. That is (afaik) not a Qt problem.
So, please watch the build bot. http://developer.kde.org/~dirk/dashboard/
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah- it's at 807406 right now that fails. :cry: The reason I kept trying was I've noticed that the bot and the websvn trunk website revision listings are usually an hour or two behind what you actually get when you update. Plus, there had just been kcookiejar update, so I figured give it a shot. I'll take your advice, and wait until the bot reports success- had enough for one day. :roll:
astaecker
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Bo Ørsted Andresen for fixing my KDEDIRS problem. Works great.
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking on websvn trunk, I found this, that seems to indicate work on the kdelibs problem. http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdelibs/kioslave/http/kcookiejar/main.cpp?view=log

Thiago urges upgrade to cmake-2.6, but eix says it's not available. He "solved the problem of the QList<int> hack" (which if I understood correctly was the problem), but then reverted it 2 hours later. I'm not exactly clear on if it's solved or not, as I think from what's said at the link above he means it takes cmake-2.6, but am not sure. :roll:

The bot says: BUILDING kdelibs r807671 so maybe it is fixed- guess we'll know soon.

EDIT: cmake-2.6.0 is available in portage, but masked- should we unmask it?

UPDATE: The bot says kdelibs-807671 succeeded, but kdepimlibs-807580 failed. :cry:

UPDATE2: Just started an update- kdelibs is:
Code:
* subversion update start -->
 *      repository: svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/KDE/kdelibs
U    kate/syntax/data/ruby.xml
U    phonon/audiooutput.cpp
D    kioslave/http/kcookiejar/qdeclareqlistint_hack.h
A    kioslave/http/kcookiejar/qdeclareqlistint_hack.h
U    kioslave/http/kcookiejar/main.cpp
U    kioslave/http/kcookiejar/CMakeLists.txt
U    kdeui/kernel/kstyle.cpp
U    kdeui/dialogs/kdialog.cpp
U    kdeui/itemviews/kcategorizedview.cpp
U    kdecore/config/kconfigbackend.desktop
Updated to revision 807698.
 *    working copy: /mnt/hda8/distfiles/svn-src/KDE/kdelibs/kdelibs
Maybe this is the updated fix. :)

UPDATE3: OK :D kdelibs 807698, automoc, akonadi, and kdepimlibs 807719 compiled/installed fine, and things are continuing normally. Just downloaded kdebase 807722- Maybe this is finally it. :)
beso_1717
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Berniyh"]
beso_1717 wrote:

No, unfortunately, it's not possible to get amarok 1.4 using Phonon, the same with every kde3 app. For amarok you can tell it to use xine directly, that should work. I don't know about kaffeine.
If you want a Qt4 player, try vlc-0.9* or smplayer.
Amarok 2 is still pre alpha, so no wonder it doesn't really work.

i've found the issue: alsamixer has closed the channels for kaffeine and amarok. the strange thing is that phonon (and kmix which is build on it) doesn't see the channels muted.

by the way: chmlib (if i uninstall it i trigger the uninstall of okular) has been removed from the tree. is it really needed to have okular working with chm documents?!

ps. thanks for the ebuilds, now they're quite stable (but still kde4 doesn't work on xorg-server from git without which no compiz or kwin effects on x200m series). by the way does someone has info on the repackaging of mesa after the correction of the bug that prevented this board from running compiz?! it seems that the git version of mesa has some problems with the old 1.40 xserver. i've tried looking around but haven't found anything. i also don't seem to have seen changes in the mesa package that is build in the official tree so i was wondering if it was the case to test out the patch on my personal pc and see to have it added to the portage tree, since it's a quite important patch for the x200m series users out there.
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beso_1717 wrote:
by the way: chmlib (if i uninstall it i trigger the uninstall of okular) has been removed from the tree. is it really needed to have okular working with chm documents?!

No, it moved. Okular has already been updated. Just sync and reinstall.
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm.. I just tried to install okular, and got this:
Code:
* All versions of '>=app-text/poppler-0.8' are masked. Candidates are:
    * app-text/poppler-0.8.0:0::gentoo: Masked by repository (/usr/portage/profiles/package.mask: Stefan Schweizer <genstef@gentoo.org> (1 Apr 2008) New library, API compatibility with evince/xpdf/okular/epdfview needs to be checked first)
Can we unmask and install this version of poppler, and then install okular without any problems?

BTW- just completed a complete update of all my 87 kde-scm packages. Only one failed- marble. :D
Stefano Crocco
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrc1944 wrote:
Hmmmm.. I just tried to install okular, and got this:
Code:
* All versions of '>=app-text/poppler-0.8' are masked. Candidates are:
    * app-text/poppler-0.8.0:0::gentoo: Masked by repository (/usr/portage/profiles/package.mask: Stefan Schweizer <genstef@gentoo.org> (1 Apr 2008) New library, API compatibility with evince/xpdf/okular/epdfview needs to be checked first)
Can we unmask and install this version of poppler, and then install okular without any problems?

I did it some days ago and everything went well, so I think the answer is 'Yes'
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Stefano,
I'll do it. :)
gimpel
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q: Does plasma really need kdeartwork-iconthemes, if kdebase-data installs oxygen anyway?

Code:
These packages will be uninstalled:

* kde-base/plasma-scm:kde-svn::installed requires <kde-base/kdeartwork-iconthemes-scm:kde-svn::installed>
* kde-base/kdeartwork-iconthemes-scm:kde-svn::installed

... and I wonder why, because I only use oxygen. Imagine installing kde4 on an eeePC - having ~800MB icons you don't use pretty much hurts there.
PurpleGecko
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Strigi update required... Reply with quote

Just noticed that the version of strigi required by kdelibs has jumped to >=0.5.9

A version bump (including renaming the patch) of strigi installs fine, and kdelibs is then able to find the correct version again.
cerebro84
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrc1944 wrote:

UPDATE3: OK :D kdelibs 807698, automoc, akonadi, and kdepimlibs 807719 compiled/installed fine, and things are continuing normally. Just downloaded kdebase 807722- Maybe this is finally it. :)

How do you do to install a selected revision?
madcat87
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When will strigi be in the overlay,I can't palud kdelibs :?:
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Strigi update required... Reply with quote

PurpleGecko wrote:
Just noticed that the version of strigi required by kdelibs has jumped to >=0.5.9

A version bump (including renaming the patch) of strigi installs fine, and kdelibs is then able to find the correct version again.

http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-x86/app-misc/strigi/
cerebro84 wrote:
wrc1944 wrote:

How do you do to install a selected revision?

Code:
export ESVN_REVISION="807722"
paludis blabla...

Note, that you can't pick revisions completely freely, because obviously the kdebuilds and the patches stay close to trunk, so if there is something changed because something changed upstream, older revisions might not work.
Stefano Crocco
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madcat87 wrote:
When will strigi be in the overlay,I can't palud kdelibs :?:

If you mean strigi-0.5.9, according to http://packages.gentoo.org/package/app-misc/strigi, it should already be in the portage tree.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 6 of 28

Jump to: