CUPS refuses to print from network
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyanshadow
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:07 am    Post subject: CUPS refuses to print from network Reply with quote

I am having trouble printing to my printer over the network. Whether I use IPP to talk to CUPS directly, or connect through samba, my print jobs are just ignored with no pages being printed. Locally on the machine, printing is perfect and immediate. CUPS log shows that the print jobs are accepted, and the web interface lists them as completed, but nothing actually comes out of the printer. If the printer is in power save mode and I try to print from the network, the printer powers up and acts as if it's receiving a page, but then does nothing, and the status lights indicate it's not being sent any data. I've had this machine running gentoo for a while (I believe the initial install was 2004.0 or something like that) so I figured the config files might be crufty, so I moved the directories in /etc out of the way, re-emerged cups and samba, and started from scratch, but I'm still having problems. Any ideas?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: