GF 9600GT vs. nvclock
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soulcollector
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: GF 9600GT vs. nvclock Reply with quote

Hey there

Since a few days I hold a brandnew Gainward GF 9600 GT Golden Sample and I read a lot about the nvidia-drivers, compatibilities and other things...
My one and only problem is the fan: nvclock (0.8_beta3, is this the latest?) is telling me that
i) my card is not supported (is there a difference between a standard 9600 GT and a Golden Sample 9600 GT?)
ii) my card does not support fan speed adjustment.

The nvidia-drivers 169.12 are working more or less, but I can live with this issue. I also tried the latest drivers I could find on nvidia.com (172.09 or so... cannot remember) but they also didn't slow the fan down.

I am open to try new ways (except for changing the firmware)...
Does anybody have similar problems (solved?) or do I have to wait quite a long time until there will be a new driver and / or nvclock-version?

Greetings
Soulcollector
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's frustrating. I'm running now with 173.08, there is much more performance but the fan is still at 100%.

Is nvclock the only chance to throttle the fan? Why doesn't the nvidia-driver do this for me even if the card is detected now? O_o
Jupiter1TX
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soulcollector wrote:
It's frustrating. I'm running now with 173.08, there is much more performance but the fan is still at 100%.

Is nvclock the only chance to throttle the fan? Why doesn't the nvidia-driver do this for me even if the card is detected now? O_o

Since Gentoo has nothing to do with nvidia development, this is probably the wrong place to post.
You could try contacting one of the nvclock devs. When i wanted to get support for my 8800
i left a message and thunderbird responded and updated nvclock.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: