BOOST - libboost_regex.so.2
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elvisthedj
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:13 am    Post subject: BOOST - libboost_regex.so.2 Reply with quote

GAH!!! I'm freakin' out over here :x

I am trying to install a speech rec program which is looking for libboost_regex.so.2. -

There is no ebuild for this closed source speech rec program - So I'm dealing with a redhat rpm. I converted to tar and put everything where it goes. The license server runs, but the engine is looking for this lib which I can't figure out how to get.

I emerged boost (which took about 6 hours!) and didn't get the lib (libboost_regex.so, but not so.2)

So... I thought maybe it was becasue I didn't have icu emerged.. I emerged icu and then re-emerged boost.. another 6 hours and I still don't have the lib.

I looked at rpmfind and this lib has been in boost in versions older than the one in portage, so I shouldn't need to deviate from portage more than I already have.

Any ideas?
Code:

_____  [/]
 /_,-._\ [root@pbx]
  /:::\  [Tue Jun 03]|[20:01:37]
 (_____)---> revdep-rebuild -vv
Configuring search environment for revdep-rebuild

revdep-rebuild environment:
SEARCH_DIRS="/usr/nagios/bin/ /usr/nagios/libexec/ /bin/ /sbin/ /usr/bin/ /usr/sbin/ /lib/ /usr/lib/ /usr/libexec/ /opt/bin/ /usr/i686-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-bin/4.1.1/ /opt/bin/ /usr/i686-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-bin/4.1.1/ /usr/local/lib/ /usr/i686-pc-linux-gnu/lib/ /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.1/ /usr/lib/nspr/ /usr/lib/libstdc++-v3/ /opt/lumenvox/engine/lib/"
SEARCH_DIRS_MASK="/usr/lib/real /usr/lib/win32 /opt/sun-jre-bin-1.6.0.03"
LD_LIBRARY_MASK="libjvm.so libjawt.so libodbcinst.so libodbc.so libjava.so libjvm.so"
PORTAGE_ROOT="/"
CALLED_OPTIONS=""
EMERGE_OPTIONS=""

Checking reverse dependencies...

Packages containing binaries and libraries broken by a package update
will be emerged.

Collecting system binaries and libraries... done.
  (/root/.revdep-rebuild.1_files)

Collecting complete LD_LIBRARY_PATH... done.
  (/root/.revdep-rebuild.2_ldpath)

Checking dynamic linking consistency...
  broken /opt/lumenvox/engine/lib/liblv_lvspeechport.so (requires  libboost_date_time.so.2 libboost_thread.so.2)
  broken /opt/lumenvox/engine/lib/liblv_lvspeechserver.so (requires  libboost_date_time.so.2 libboost_filesystem.so.2 libboost_thread.so.2)
 done.
  (/root/.revdep-rebuild.3_rebuild)

Assigning files to ebuilds... done.
  (/root/.revdep-rebuild.4_ebuilds)

Evaluating package order... done.
  (/root/.revdep-rebuild.5_order)

Dynamic linking on your system is consistent... All done.

_____  [/opt/lumenvox/engine/bin]
 /_,-._\ [root@pbx]
  /:::\  [Tue Jun 03]|[20:07:44]
 (_____)---> ./LVSRE_SERVER
./LVSRE_SERVER: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_regex.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

didl
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One (very hacky) way would be to create a symlink libboost_regex.so.2
to your existing libboost_regex.so, hoping that all the symbols are there.
Why on earth didn't upstream link against the static libs that boost provides :(
elvisthedj
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I tried that.. and thats a no go... I REALLY don't want to have to build a stupid RH or Debian machine just to run Asterisk :(

Thanks for the reply!

Kris
Nerevar
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you run ldconfig after creating the symlink?
elvisthedj
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah - actually the symlinks fix the problem with the first lib, but then I get:

Code:

./LVSRE_SERVER: symbol lookup error: /opt/lumenvox/engine/lib/liblv_lvspeechserver.so: undefined symbol: _ZN5boost10filesystem8no_checkERKSs

Pretty sure that's the libboost_filesystem.so.2.. I found a post (yes, I actually do use google before I come burdon the forums with my issues ;) ) which said this error was caused by not doing a make clean before compiling.. Doubt it's the same issue, but it has inspired me to just download the latest tarball from boost.org and dive in to another 6-7 hour build :o .
elvisthedj
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh...

Compile went much quicker using package from site.. linked all libs appropriately, but same problem:

Code:

../bin/LVSRE_SERVER: symbol lookup error: /opt/lumenvox/engine/lib/liblv_lvspeechserver.so: undefined symbol: _ZN5boost10filesystem8no_checkERKSs

My asterisk server has been happy on gentoo for 3 years now, but I have to incorporate this speech integration. Does anybody have a suggestion before I'm forced to start from scratch with another distro? They have packages for rpath, rh, and debian... I just hate the thoughts of that.. it's like getting rid of an old, faithful friend :( <--- cry for sympathy

Perhaps since my friend has run trouble free for so long, there are packages that need to be updated. I'll look into that after I have a nice nap :)
Nerevar
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a difference in how that function is declared/defined between versions 1.33 and 1.34:

Code:

1.33:
    BOOST_FILESYSTEM_DECL bool no_check( const std::string & name );   // always returns true

1.34:
    inline bool no_check( const std::string & ) { return true; }

It'd probably be worth a shot at installing the 1.33 version instead of 1.34 and see if that fixes it for you. On the plus side, 1.33 appears to compile quite a bit faster than 1.34.

Good luck!
elvisthedj
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! I stupidly ctrl-c'ed out of the emerge -C boost... now, if i try to unmerge it i'm told it isn't there.. if i try to install =boost-1.33.1, i'm told it's blocked by 1.34... I guess i'll have to re-emerge 1.34 just to unmerge it.. then emerge 1.33.. in the mean time - i downloaded the source and built it.. linked the libs and bingo - works! (and I didn't have to switch to Debian :P )

Thanks!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: