Joined: 12 May 2004
|Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:26 am Post subject: [ GLSA 200803-01 ] Adobe Acrobat Reader: Multiple vulnerabil
|Gentoo Linux Security Advisory
Title: Adobe Acrobat Reader: Multiple vulnerabilities (GLSA 200803-01)
Date: March 02, 2008
Updated: March 05, 2008
Adobe Acrobat Reader is vulnerable to remote code execution, Denial of Service, and cross-site request forgery attacks.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is a PDF reader released by Adobe.
Vulnerable: < 8.1.2
Unaffected: >= 8.1.2
Architectures: All supported architectures
Multiple vulnerabilities have been discovered in Adobe Acrobat Reader, including:
Other unspecified vulnerabilities have also been reported (CVE-2008-0655).
- A file disclosure when using file:// in PDF documents (CVE-2007-1199)
- An unspecified vulnerability in the Escript.api plugin (CVE-2007-5663)
- An untrusted search path (CVE-2007-5666)
- Incorrect handling of printers (CVE-2008-0667)
- An integer overflow when passing incorrect arguments to "printSepsWithParams" (CVE-2008-0726)
A remote attacker could entice a user to open a specially crafted document, possibly resulting in the remote execution of arbitrary code with the privileges of the user running the application. A remote attacker could also perform cross-site request forgery attacks, or cause a Denial of Service.
There is no known workaround at this time.
All Adobe Acrobat Reader users should upgrade to the latest version:
|# emerge --sync
# emerge --ask --oneshot --verbose ">=app-text/acroread-8.1.2"
Last edited by GLSA on Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:19 am; edited 1 time in total