alsa-driver-0.9.0_rc2 emerge failure
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BillyD
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 12:57 pm    Post subject: alsa-driver-0.9.0_rc2 emerge failure Reply with quote

Greetings!

I was wondering if anyone is able to make sense of this error when attempting to emerge alsa-driver-0.9.0_rc2. While I am far from being an expert linux user, so far I have done fairly well solving my own problems, however I am at a loss with this one. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Here are the last few lines before the emerge fails.

hwdep.c: At top level:
/usr/include/linux/coda.h:261: storage size of `va_atime' isn't known
/usr/include/linux/coda.h:262: storage size of `va_mtime' isn't known
/usr/include/linux/coda.h:263: storage size of `va_ctime' isn't known
/usr/include/linux/coda.h:566: storage size of `attr' isn't known
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/fs.h:565: storage size of `f_owner' isn't known
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/reiserfs_fs_sb.h:313: storage size of `j_dummy_inode' isn't known
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/reiserfs_fs_sb.h:315: storage size of `j_journal_list' isn't known
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/sched.h:380: storage size of `times' isn't known
make[1]: *** [hwdep.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/alsa-driver-0.9.0_rc2/work/alsa-driver-0.9.0rc2/acore'
make: *** [compile] Error 1

!!! ERROR: The ebuild did not complete successfully.
!!! Function src_compile, Line -19, Exitcode 2
!!! Parallel Make Failed

!!! emerge aborting on /usr/portage/media-sound/alsa-driver/alsa-driver-0.9.0_rc2.ebuild
AutoBot
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would seem that your failing on the module build, are you running the same kernel as your sources?
Caffeine
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 9:09 pm    Post subject: Me Too. Reply with quote

Hi there,
I'm having troubles with this package too.
Code:
#emerge -up world

These are the packages that I would merge, in order.

Calculating world dependencies ...done!
[ebuild    U ] media-sound/alsa-utils-0.9.0_rc2 to /

So I go ahead and upgrade with emerge -u world. The configure step works fine. But the compile fails with these messages:

Code:
Making all in include
make[1]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/alsa-utils-0.9.0_rc2/work/alsa-utils-0.9.0rc2/include'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/alsa-utils-0.9.0_rc2/work/alsa-utils-0.9.0rc2/include'
Making all in alsactl
make[1]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/alsa-utils-0.9.0_rc2/work/alsa-utils-0.9.0rc2/alsactl'
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../include     -O2 -mcpu=i686 -pipe -c alsactl.c
alsactl.c: In function `get_control':
alsactl.c:259: `SND_CTL_ELEM_TYPE_INTEGER64' undeclared (first use in this function)
alsactl.c:259: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
alsactl.c:259: for each function it appears in.)
alsactl.c: In function `config_iface':
alsactl.c:581: `SND_CONFIG_TYPE_INTEGER64' undeclared (first use in this function)
alsactl.c: In function `config_bool':
alsactl.c:608: `SND_CONFIG_TYPE_INTEGER64' undeclared (first use in this function)
alsactl.c: In function `config_enumerated':
alsactl.c:637: `SND_CONFIG_TYPE_INTEGER64' undeclared (first use in this function)
alsactl.c: In function `set_control':
alsactl.c:818: `SND_CTL_ELEM_TYPE_INTEGER64' undeclared (first use in this function)
make[1]: *** [alsactl.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/alsa-utils-0.9.0_rc2/work/alsa-utils-0.9.0rc2/alsactl'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
Making all in include
make[1]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/alsa-utils-0.9.0_rc2/work/alsa-utils-0.9.0rc2/include'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/alsa-utils-0.9.0_rc2/work/alsa-utils-0.9.0rc2/include'
Making all in alsactl
make[1]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/alsa-utils-0.9.0_rc2/work/alsa-utils-0.9.0rc2/alsactl'
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../include     -O2 -mcpu=i686 -pipe -c alsactl.c
alsactl.c: In function `get_control':
alsactl.c:259: `SND_CTL_ELEM_TYPE_INTEGER64' undeclared (first use in this function)
alsactl.c:259: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
alsactl.c:259: for each function it appears in.)
alsactl.c: In function `config_iface':
alsactl.c:581: `SND_CONFIG_TYPE_INTEGER64' undeclared (first use in this function)
alsactl.c: In function `config_bool':
alsactl.c:608: `SND_CONFIG_TYPE_INTEGER64' undeclared (first use in this function)
alsactl.c: In function `config_enumerated':
alsactl.c:637: `SND_CONFIG_TYPE_INTEGER64' undeclared (first use in this function)
alsactl.c: In function `set_control':
alsactl.c:818: `SND_CTL_ELEM_TYPE_INTEGER64' undeclared (first use in this function)
make[1]: *** [alsactl.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/alsa-utils-0.9.0_rc2/work/alsa-utils-0.9.0rc2/alsactl'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

!!! ERROR: The ebuild did not complete successfully.
!!! Function src_compile, Line 20, Exitcode 2
!!! Parallel Make Failed

!!! emerge aborting on  /usr/portage/media-sound/alsa-utils/alsa-utils-0.9.0_rc2.ebuild .

Looks to me like some headers are missing? I've got the standard linux-2.4.19-gentoo-r7 kernel (and sources).

I'm not sure how to get this working. Any suggestions?

Cheers.

Dan

(Gentoo Linux is brilliant BTW. Moved from Red Hat, haven't looked back.)
Yama
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 9:00 am    Post subject: Check your kernel sources Reply with quote

AutoBot seems to be on the right track. Make sure that the symlink /usr/src/linux points to the sources of the kernel you're using. Ensure these sources haven't been modified since you built that kernel. If they have (e.g. you ran make mrproper or added a patch), then run make mrproper (if you haen't already), replace the .config file from a backup and run make dep && make clean bzImage modules. If the .config is exactly the same one used to build the running kernel, you can proceed to emerge alsa. Otherwise, you'll have to install a new kernel (run make modules_install and copy arch/xxxx/boot/bzImage to /boot, where xxxx is your CPU architecture) and reboot into it.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: