Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
iptables support on kernel
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 4:46 pm    Post subject: iptables support on kernel Reply with quote

I'm trying to add iptables support, but it's impossible to me. I get these errors:

/lib/modules/2.4.19-gentoo-r5/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_tables.o: unresolved symbol nf_unregister_sockopt
/lib/modules/2.4.19-gentoo-r5/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_tables.o: unresolved symbol nf_register_sockopt
/lib/modules/2.4.19-gentoo-r5/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_tables.o: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.19-gentoo-r5/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_tables.o failed
/lib/modules/2.4.19-gentoo-r5/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_tables.o: insmod ip_tables failed
iptables v1.2.6a: can't initialize iptables table `filter': iptables who? (do you need to insmod?)
Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.

i don't know what can be the problem
Aruspex
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you don't have "Network Options" -> "Fast Switching" turned on in your kernel. If that is not on, you may need to insmod something before ip_tables.

Consider a recompile of your kernel. Try making the netfilter options built-in instead of modules. This will at least point you in the right direction.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: