Quick Search: in
kde cannot build sucessful
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ismark

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 1:15 am    Post subject: kde cannot build sucessful Reply with quote

after key in "emerge kde-base/kde" and spent a whole day........
then the result is error...... :(

now my gentoo linux only have the # prompt, no desktop env. :(
PollO
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem with KDE and Gentoo 1.2, in can install kde with:
Code:
emerge kde

awiesel
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I had the same problem. While building KDE, the compiling of libvorbis failed and the build stopped. After a new call of emerge rsync it was possible to restart the build of kde.
winlaite

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 10:32 pm    Post subject: failed KDE ebuild as above Reply with quote

Just for information's sake, the 3.02 build attempt (emerge --pretend) failed. The 3.01 'emerge --pretend' passed; the build itself, however, failed as described above, although possibly on a different lib build. (The error log is not available from this machine.)

Next time I shall try:
emerge kde-base/kde 2> emerge_errors 1> emerge_log &
tail -f emerge_errors &
tail -f emerge_log
so that (if I am awake during the lo-o-o-ong build, which I doubt) more meaningful info will be at hand.

Question (possibly foolish): As the ebuild for kde takes so long, might one get caught up in a change at the mirror during the build?

In other words, say, I do 'emerge --pretend kde' and everything's ostensibly okay; I then do 'emerge kde', watch to make sure things are actually downloading, and then, despite my urge to do otherwise, refrain from doing the geek version of watching the clothes in the dryer (that is to say, I turn off the monitor instead of watching the latest episode of 'As the Compiler Turns'.) While I am busy doing absolutely nothing for the eight hours or whatever it's taking KDE to build, the rsync mirror get a couple of updated packages. Emerge comes back to me with "file not found" as the file name has changed and aborts the build. 1) Can this happen? 2) If so, can I prevent it? 3) If it can happen and I can't avoid it, is this a bug, or is it a feature?

Thanks a lot,
Winter
ColdPack
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It shouldn't happen that way as more than one version of a package remains available. If you look in /usr/portage/kdebase/kde (or whatever) you will see several releases of the "same" thing. So no worries if something's been added. That's whay kde-3.0.1, kde-3.0.2 and kde-3.0-20020604 (just making this stuff up, by the way) are all available.
So there ya go.
CP
delta407
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving to Desktop forum...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: