undefined reference to `__libc_csu_init'
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
benciboy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: undefined reference to `__libc_csu_init' Reply with quote

Hi dear friends,

I have a problem which is very persistent, I can't emerge proftpd (and cmake probable for the same reason) because I have the strange error issue.

make[1]: Leaving directory `/debian/E/tmp/portage/net-ftp/proftpd-1.3.1_rc3/work/proftpd-1.3.1rc3/src'
make[1]: Entering directory `/debian/E/tmp/portage/net-ftp/proftpd-1.3.1_rc3/work/proftpd-1.3.1rc3/lib/libcap'
=> making cap_names.c from <linux/capability.h>
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -mtune=native -march=native -O2 -pipe -Wall -L/lib -lresolv _makenames.c -o _makenames
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.2.2/../../../../lib64/crt1.o: In function `_start':
(.text+0x12): undefined reference to `__libc_csu_fini'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.2.2/../../../../lib64/crt1.o: In function `_start':
(.text+0x19): undefined reference to `__libc_csu_init'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [_makenames] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/debian/E/tmp/portage/net-ftp/proftpd-1.3.1_rc3/work/proftpd-1.3.1rc3/lib/libcap'
make: *** [dirs] Error 2

I changed gcc version from 4.1.2 to 4.2.2, rebuild the toolchain, systme and the problem is still present. I tried different proftpd version, nothing.
I googled day's for nothing, very annoing, if you have any idea pleas let me know. I removed useflags, changed to -j1 option, still nothing.

Help me!

Outpu of
emerge --info
Portage 2.1.3.19 (default-linux/amd64/2007.0/desktop, gcc-4.2.2, glibc-2.7-r1, 2.6.21-suspend2-r7 x86_64)
=================================================================
System uname: 2.6.21-suspend2-r7 x86_64 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+
Timestamp of tree: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 16:30:01 +0000
ccache version 2.4 [disabled]
app-shells/bash: 3.2_p17-r1
dev-java/java-config: 1.3.7, 2.0.33-r1
dev-lang/python: 2.4.4-r8, 2.5.1-r5
dev-util/ccache: 2.4-r7
sys-apps/baselayout: 1.12.10-r5
sys-apps/sandbox: 1.2.18.1-r2
sys-devel/autoconf: 2.13, 2.61-r1
sys-devel/automake: 1.4_p6, 1.5, 1.6.3, 1.7.9-r1, 1.8.5-r3, 1.9.6-r2, 1.10
sys-devel/binutils: 2.18-r1
sys-devel/gcc-config: 1.4.0-r4
sys-devel/libtool: 1.5.24
virtual/os-headers: 2.6.23-r2
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64"
CBUILD="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-mtune=native -march=native -O2 -pipe"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/kde/3.5/env /usr/kde/3.5/share/config /usr/kde/3.5/shutdown /usr/share/X11/xkb /usr/share/config"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/env.d /etc/env.d/java/ /etc/gconf /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/terminfo /etc/texmf/web2c /etc/udev/rules.d"
CXXFLAGS="-mtune=native -march=native -O2 -pipe"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="distlocks fixpackages metadata-transfer parallel-fetch sandbox sfperms strict unmerge-orphans userfetch"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://gentoo.inf.elte.hu http://distfiles.gentoo.org http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/gentoo"
LANG="hu_HU.UTF-8"
LC_ALL="hu_HU.UTF-8"
LINGUAS="hu"
MAKEOPTS="-j2"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --delete-after --stats --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages --filter=H_**/files/digest-*"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/debian/E/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/overlays/xeffects /usr/local/portage"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="X acl acpi alsa amd64 arts berkdb bitmap-fonts cairo cdr cli cracklib crypt cups dbus dga dri dvd dvdr dvdread eds emboss encode esd evo fam firefox fortran gdbm gif gnome gpm gstreamer gtk hal iconv ipv6 isdnlog java jpeg kde kerberos kopete ldap line lirc mad midi mikmod mmx mp3 mpeg mudflap ncurses nls nptl nptlonly nsplugin ogg opengl openmp oss pam pcre pdf perl png pppd python qt qt3 qt3support qt4 quicktime readline reflection sdl session slang speex spell spl sse sse2 ssl svg tcpd tiff truetype truetype-fonts type1-fonts unicode vorbis xcomposite xinerama xml xorg xv zlib" ALSA_CARDS="intel8x0" ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw asym copy dmix dshare dsnoop empty extplug file hooks iec958 ioplug ladspa lfloat linear meter mulaw multi null plug rate route share shm softvol" APACHE2_MODULES="actions alias auth_basic auth_digest authn_anon authn_dbd authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache dav dav_fs dav_lock dbd deflate dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers ident imagemap include info log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation proxy proxy_ajp proxy_balancer proxy_connect proxy_http rewrite setenvif so speling status unique_id userdir usertrack vhost_alias" ELIBC="glibc" INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LINGUAS="hu" LIRC_DEVICES="kworld" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia"
Unset: CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, INSTALL_MASK, LDFLAGS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS
moesasji
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The error-message does give some hints in the forum, for example this topic

However I would not immediately suggest the solution suggested in the last post.
Messing with libc-libraries to me seems to be a good way to get into trouble.

Did you try to rebuild glibc to see if that solves the problem??
(that's recommended when linux-headers gets updated, you've might have missed that)

ps) Your keywords show that you run the stable branch.
Yet the GCC and Glibc are the latest from the testing branch.
Mixing these two at such a fundamental level could be the origin of your trouble.
benciboy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi moesasji,
Thanks for fast reply, in the first step I removed the /lib/libc.so and the 2 problematic packages was emerged without any problem. You have absolutley right, I upgraded to unstable gcc and glibc with hope to resolve the problem, unfortunatley they didn't.
On a raini day I will play with stable gcc glibc and with linux-header to see the real god combo.

Ps. what's your opinion about linux-header, it's should be kernel source and header the same version? because I using
2.6.21-suspend2-r7 kernel but the headers are 2.6.23-r2
I don't have aviable linux-headers on this version
Available versions: *2.0.40-r1 *2.2.26-r1 -2.4.26-r1 -2.4.33.3 2.6.17-r2 2.6.22-r2 ~2.6.23 ~2.6.23-r1 2.6.23-r2 ~2.6.23-r3
Thanks again,
Bye
moesasji
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

benciboy wrote:
Ps. what's your opinion about linux-header, it's should be kernel source and header the same version?

Good to see that your problems has been solved!

I'm not a dev and far from fluent in C/C++. Linux-headers are just a cleaned up version of the official *.h files from the linux-kernel. Don't ask me why cleaned up headers are needed as I have no clue.

As glibc is one of the packages that actually uses the information from these headers it is recommended to be rebuild when you install a new version of the linux-headers as otherwise subtle problems start appearing. I don't think it is important to have exactly the same version of linux-headers as the kernel you are running.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: