View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tyreth
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 3:31 pm    Post subject: GDM themes! Reply with quote

I just did 'emerge gdm' which recompiled gdm, since I already had the latest version...

and when I started it up it had completely new themes, like the ones at http://www.sunshineinabag.co.uk

It was very surprising. These themes look like they have a lot of potential for style. Anyone looked at them before? The thing about gdm, is the website seems to contain no information. Anyone else experimented with gdm themes?

What's possible? Eg, would it be possible to have a face browser like the windows XP one? I think that one looks really nice. Share your thoughts.
michaelr
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: GDM themes! Reply with quote

tyreth wrote:
What's possible? Eg, would it be possible to have a face browser like the windows XP one? I think that one looks really nice. Share your thoughts.

GDM has had a face browser for a while now. You just have to turn it on.
tyreth
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it has a face browser, but does it have a new one with the new themes I just discovered? The face browser, looking in the configuration, seems to be for the old gdm setup.
sisob
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK it's all XML based or something like that so I imagine it's very flexible.
michaelr
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyreth wrote:
The face browser, looking in the configuration, seems to be for the old gdm setup.

Interesting point. /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf does seem to be unchanged from the old version of GDM, but if you look at /usr/share/gdm/gdmsetup.glade, it does have lines dealing with a face browser. Looks like you enable it in the GDM setting dialog there on the logon screen. Can't tell exactly now, cause there's no Linux at work :evil: . However, I will check it out when I get home since it would look very schweet.
tyreth
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, just had another really cool thought...

Would it be possible to run opengl applications in the background? That would be great if I could whip up an opengl demo to serve as the background of my gdm login screen :) (like the one in Imperium Galactica 2 for those who have played it)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: