[PARTIALLY SOLVED] emerge sox fails
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
queen
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:59 am    Post subject: [PARTIALLY SOLVED] emerge sox fails Reply with quote

I am trying to install k3b on a fresh install. One of the packages that it tries to install first is sox. Here is the output of
Code:

emerge -pv k3b
These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild  N    ] app-cdr/cdrdao-1.2.2  USE="encode gnome -debug -pccts" 1,376 kB
[ebuild  N    ] media-sound/sox-14.0.0  USE="alsa encode ffmpeg flac mad ogg oss -ao -debug -ladspa -libsamplerate -sndfile" 0 kB
[ebuild  N    ] media-libs/libquicktime-1.0.1  USE="X aac alsa encode ffmpeg gtk jpeg mmx opengl png vorbis -dv -lame -x264" 973 kB
[ebuild  N    ] media-video/transcode-1.0.3  USE="X a52 gtk iconv jpeg mmx mp3 mpeg ogg quicktime sdl sse sse2 truetype vorbis xml xvid -3dnow (-altivec) -dv -dvdread -extrafilters -fame -imagemagick -lzo -mjpeg -network -theora -v4l2" 1,946 kB
[ebuild  N    ] app-cdr/k3b-0.12.17  USE="alsa arts encode ffmpeg flac kde mp3 vorbis -css -debug -dvdr -hal -musepack -musicbrainz -sndfile -vcd -xinerama" LINGUAS="-af -bg -bn -br -bs -ca -cs -cy -da -de -el -en_GB -es -et -eu -fi -fr -ga -he -hi -hu -is -it -ja -km -lt -mk -ms -nb -nds -nl -nn -pa -pl -pt -pt_BR -ro -ru -se -sl -sr -sr@Latn -sv -ta -tr -uk -zh_CN -zh_TW" 3,915 kB

Total: 5 packages (5 new), Size of downloads: 8,209 kB

Here is output of the error I get:
Code:
vorbis.c: In function 'startwrite':
vorbis.c:342: warning: passing argument 4 of 'vorbis_encode_init_vbr' as 'float' rather than 'double' due to prototype
vorbis.c: In function 'seek':
vorbis.c:429: warning: passing argument 2 of 'ov_pcm_seek' with different width due to prototype
make[2]: *** [vorbis.lo] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
mv -f .deps/mp3.Tpo .deps/mp3.Plo
 i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -DLADSPA_PATH=\"/usr/lib/ladspa\" -DPKGLIBDIR=\"/usr/lib/sox\" -Wconversion -march=prescott -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -fsigned-char -Wall -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -pedantic -MT alsa.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/alsa.Tpo -c alsa.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/alsa.o
 i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -DLADSPA_PATH=\"/usr/lib/ladspa\" -DPKGLIBDIR=\"/usr/lib/sox\" -Wconversion -march=prescott -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -fsigned-char -Wall -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -pedantic -MT alsa.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/alsa.Tpo -c alsa.c -o alsa.o >/dev/null 2>&1
mv -f .deps/alsa.Tpo .deps/alsa.Plo
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/portage/media-sound/sox-14.0.0/work/sox-14.0.0/src'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/portage/media-sound/sox-14.0.0/work/sox-14.0.0/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
 * ERROR: media-sound/sox-14.0.0 failed.
 * Call stack:
 *           ebuild.sh, line 1701:  Called dyn_compile
 *           ebuild.sh, line 1039:  Called qa_call 'src_compile'
 *           ebuild.sh, line   44:  Called src_compile
 *   sox-14.0.0.ebuild, line   64:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *      emake || die "emake failed."
 *  The die message:
 *   emake failed.
 * If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
 * A complete build log is located at '/var/log/portage/media-sound:sox-14.0.0:20080101-085607.log'.

Anyone has an idea how to solve it?

Last edited by queen on Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:25 am; edited 2 times in total
moesasji
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to be exactly the same error-message as reported in this bug-report Although the bug-report is for embedded systems I assume your just experiencing this one a desktop.

Unfortunately I have no idea how to solve this, but you might mention in the bug that you experience the same problem on a desktop-machine.
queen
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moesasji wrote:
Seems to be exactly the same error-message as reported in this bug-report Although the bug-report is for embedded systems I assume your just experiencing this one a desktop.

Unfortunately I have no idea how to solve this, but you might mention in the bug that you experience the same problem on a desktop-machine.

I managed to solve the problem. I downgraded sox to version 12.7.9 instead of 14.0.0 and then emerge k3b.

But it's a bug anyway. Have to make an account on bugzilla, and I will report it.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: