Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
KDE4 Overlay - monolithic ebuilds (Part 2)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 26, 27, 28  Next  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
e1z0
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, i have this problem then trying to compile kde4 rc1 on gentoo linux

Quote:

Linking CXX shared module ../../lib/klibloadertestmodule4.so
[ 11%] Built target klibloadertestmodule4
[ 11%] Generating org.kde.KWallet.xml
qdbuscpp2xml: could not execute moc! Aborting.
make[2]: *** [kdeui/org.kde.KWallet.xml] Error 1
make[1]: *** [kdeui/CMakeFiles/kdeui.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
* ERROR: kde-base/kdelibs-3.96.0-r1 failed.
* Call stack:
* ebuild.sh, line 1701: Called dyn_compile
* ebuild.sh, line 1039: Called qa_call 'src_compile'
* ebuild.sh, line 44: Called src_compile
* kdelibs-3.96.0-r1.ebuild, line 114: Called kde4-base_src_compile
* kde4-base.eclass, line 330: Called kde4-base_src_make
* kde4-base.eclass, line 429: Called cmake-utils_src_make
* cmake-utils.eclass, line 130: Called die
* The specific snippet of code:
* emake || die "Make failed!"
* The die message:
* Make failed!

Full log http://rafb.net/p/VFSqKQ77.html
Pentahex
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does one get a more usable and stable build from svn or 3.96.0 versions?
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentahex wrote:
Does one get a more usable and stable build from svn or 3.96.0 versions?

Since they are in the phase of stabilizing the whole thing svn should be better, BUT:
- You may experience compiling problems
- You should recompile more often
- KDE's svn server sometimes don't work
- Updating your local svn repo takes forever (can't wait until they change to git)
- Things could be broken sometimes
- Only monolithic ebuilds

Nevertheless, neither svn nor 3.96.0 is working good enough for really using it.
kavol
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: something rotten in the overlay ... Reply with quote

hi,

I just finished an update and I have to say ... oh no, let's stay polite ;-)

two things:

1) kdepaths - guys, do you really think simply removing a working thing is a solution? - if someone has the trouble that KDE4 things take precedence over KDE3 ones, than that is why the numbers in /etc/env.d are, to be able to put the nice things into $PATH before the ugly ones and so on, so why not just to move from 44* to 46* if "stable" KDE has 45*? completely removing the file has broken all the three machines where I use some of the KDE4 stuff :x

2) tagua ebuild - what has happened to my little experiment? I know it was not so good, but I bet it was 100% better than the one residing in the overlay yet (as of revision 2880), since it at least works as expected ... I guess the right function name is src_unpack and not src_unpac, mxx should be mmx, it really does need to depend hard on lua, there is no ebuild for libkdegames from svn etc.
Ampheus
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: something rotten in the overlay ... Reply with quote

kavol wrote:

1) kdepaths - guys, do you really think simply removing a working thing is a solution? - if someone has the trouble that KDE4 things take precedence over KDE3 ones, than that is why the numbers in /etc/env.d are, to be able to put the nice things into $PATH before the ugly ones and so on, so why not just to move from 44* to 46* if "stable" KDE has 45*? completely removing the file has broken all the three machines where I use some of the KDE4 stuff :x

Same here. I would really like to have the environment variables back.
Berniyh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: something rotten in the overlay ... Reply with quote

Ampheus wrote:
kavol wrote:

Same here. I would really like to have the environment variables back.

Maybe there could also be an eselect module.
Ingmarv
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: something rotten in the overlay ... Reply with quote

kavol wrote:
hi,

I just finished an update and I have to say ... oh no, let's stay polite ;-)

No it's not a solution, as I've posted in this thread before. It's tiring to see userspost how KDE 4 interferes with KDE 3 when the ewarn messages tell you that. That's why we, the devs, decided to remove that file.
Again, no, it's not a solution, Philantrop is working on a better solution, most likely we'll go with what Gimpel posted in the thread ( thanks !).

On a sidenote: if you go back in the thread, and you'll see that moving 44* to 46* has been tried, and it doesn't work, it still interferes with KDE 3.

Also, the ewarn messages really do tell you that you need to set up your environment ( be it via the Xession method, an env.d file, manually on the cli ) before starting KDE 4.0.

kavol wrote:

2) tagua ebuild - what has happened to my little experiment? I know it was not so good, but I bet it was 100% better than the one residing in the overlay yet (as of revision 2880), since it at least works as expected ... I guess the right function name is src_unpack and not src_unpac, mxx should be mmx, it really does need to depend hard on lua, there is no ebuild for libkdegames from svn etc.

Yes, two stupid typos, fixed, thanks.
It does hard depend on lua, and there is no libkdegames:kde-svn yet.

I didn't have :kde-svn installed, since I was working on RC1, I didn't test it, and whoops, it broke. :-)
Next time I'll wait until a user is willing to test ebuilds in our irc channel, before committing anything. Sorry again.

Could you please let me know if it works now, or post some error messages?

Berniyh wrote:
Maybe there could also be an eselect module.

We thought of doing it that way, but that wouldn't work for a few reasons, one of them being:
You'd need a way to ensure that the user doesn't switch to a different KDE, while using KDE, or you'll still hose ~/.kde/.
kavol
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: something rotten in the overlay ... Reply with quote

Ingmarv wrote:
No it's not a solution, as I've posted in this thread before. It's tiring to see userspost how KDE 4 interferes with KDE 3 when the ewarn messages tell you that.

great, just because it is tiring to see some people, from the few messing their KDE3 with 4, not able to read, you break the things for all, even if the majority of people testing KDE4 use reserved machine, virtual machine, chroot, or at least some fallback DE (.... well, no research but I got the impression)

Ingmarv wrote:
On a sidenote: if you go back in the thread, and you'll see that moving 44* to 46* has been tried, and it doesn't work, it still interferes with KDE 3.

ok, I did not bother to examine this is in detail, since I have nothing broken on the only one machine where I use KDE3 & some KDE4 apps together

Ingmarv wrote:
Also, the ewarn messages really do tell you that you need to set up your environment ( be it via the Xession method, an env.d file, manually on the cli ) before starting KDE 4.0.

no, they don't:

kdelibs-9999.4.ebuild:
        echo
        ewarn "Please note that we don't install ${ROOT}/etc/env.d/44kdepaths-${SLOT} anymore."
        echo
        ewarn "This was done to avoid messing up your KDE 3.5 install."
        ewarn "See the README on how to set up your environment, depending on how you start KDE 4.0."
        echo

Code:
# grep "env.d" README
rm /etc/env.d/44kdepaths-kde-svn (or rm /etc/env.d/44kdepaths-kde-4 if are using

Ingmarv wrote:
kavol wrote:

2) tagua ebuild ...

Yes, two stupid typos, fixed, thanks.
It does hard depend on lua, and there is no libkdegames:kde-svn yet.

http://repo.or.cz/w/tagua.git?a=blob;f=INSTALL;h=115e57341573b427dfb6db627283072221e61fe6;hb=HEAD:
  10 The following packages are optional:
  12   * lua (5.1.1, if it is not available you can use the internal copy)
  35 If you want tagua to be linked to system lua instead that the internall one,
  36 add -DSYSTEM_LUA=1 to the command line, and optionally add -DLUA_PKG=xyz to
  37 specify the pkg-config lua package.

I am able to compile Tagua without -DSYSTEM_LUA=1

Ingmarv wrote:
Could you please let me know if it works now, or post some error messages?

sorry, but I would prefer not to mess with it right now since I am translating it - so, the others reading this thread, please feel free to take this challenge
Philantrop
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: something rotten in the overlay ... Reply with quote

kavol wrote:
Ingmarv wrote:
No it's not a solution, as I've posted in this thread before. It's tiring to see userspost how KDE 4 interferes with KDE 3 when the ewarn messages tell you that.

great, just because it is tiring to see some people, from the few messing their KDE3 with 4, not able to read, you break the things for all, even if the majority of people testing KDE4 use reserved machine, virtual machine, chroot, or at least some fallback DE (.... well, no research but I got the impression)

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. In other words: If you can't be bothered to read properly (hint: reading != grep'ping for something), then just leave us to work on our ebuilds instead of wasting time with your unfounded whining. ewarn messages exist for a reason.

And you're not the one who has to deal with users who break their KDE3 installations but *we* are. It's our call how we deal with things and if you don't like that, don't use the overlay. It's as simple as that. Case closed.
Ingmarv
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: something rotten in the overlay ... Reply with quote

kavol wrote:

http://repo.or.cz/w/tagua.git?a=blob;f=INSTALL;h=115e57341573b427dfb6db627283072221e61fe6;hb=HEAD:
  10 The following packages are optional:
  12   * lua (5.1.1, if it is not available you can use the internal copy)
  35 If you want tagua to be linked to system lua instead that the internall one,
  36 add -DSYSTEM_LUA=1 to the command line, and optionally add -DLUA_PKG=xyz to
  37 specify the pkg-config lua package.

I am able to compile Tagua without -DSYSTEM_LUA=1

Obviously you can, but then you just use their internal copy of lua, which absolutely unacceptable in gentoo ebuilds, for security & other reasons.
You're welcome to maintain your own ebuild, that doesn't imply that I have to follow your ebuild to the letter.
jcalado
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have a working system tray applet? Mine only shows a black rectangle...
Belliash
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcalado wrote:
Does anyone have a working system tray applet? Mine only shows a black rectangle...

i have icons on black rectangle...

Any way to get back icons on desktop and put tray into taskbar, next to clock?
albright
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

sometimes it works, sometimes it does not :lol:

anyone have deleted widgets return on next login? I get that
everytime (I get 2 or 3 clocks every login now).

and - how do you change the desktop background?? rightclicking
on the desktop does not give me that option ...
jcalado
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

albright, i also have plasma problems with multiple plasmoids showing up on login.

Right-clicking the desktop should definitely give you the option to change the background.

So, i guess I am the only one who hasn't a systray working, like, ever....
It's just plain black. Also plain annoying. :(
revilootneg
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting multiple plasmoids too, but only for battery which I added a few times when it did not show up the other day.
Panel is okay for me: Kickoff on the left, clock on the right and windows in between - well, tray keeps wandering around with each merge (svn compiled two ours ago). Now its in the top left corner. No menu for panel (should there be one?).

But does kopete work for you? It did start two merges ago when I forgot to set useflags for protocols. Now (both with maximum and minimum /oscar protocol flags) it does not start. There is no output on konsole, simply nothing.

Konqueror kept crashing when closing but this seems to be fixed now.

greets
revilootneg
albright
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, at the moment, and as the captain might say, what
a piece of gossa
KCat
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcalado wrote:
So, i guess I am the only one who hasn't a systray working, like, ever....
It's just plain black. Also plain annoying. :(

It doesn't work for me either, and trying to add one also gives a plain black square. However, I noticed something. In ~/.kde4/share/config/plasma-appletsrc there is already an entry for the systray, and the added ones are additional (unused) trays. The "real" systray is simply invisible/hidden somewhere.

On a seperate note, I have a problem with kdeartwork-3.96.0 not building with the opengl use flag set. It seems to die when linking due to missing glu functions (making me think it's just neglecting to link GLU with GL, but I don't know enough about KDE's source layout to investigate).
Ingmarv
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCat wrote:
On a seperate note, I have a problem with kdeartwork-3.96.0 not building with the opengl use flag set. It seems to die when linking due to missing glu functions (making me think it's just neglecting to link GLU with GL, but I don't know enough about KDE's source layout to investigate).

I'll have a look :-)
kavol
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: something rotten in the overlay ... Reply with quote

Philantrop wrote:
If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. In other words: If you can't be bothered to read properly (hint: reading != grep'ping for something), then just leave us to work on our ebuilds instead of wasting time with your unfounded whining. ewarn messages exist for a reason.

/usr/portage/local/layman/kde/README:
*            KDE 4 Overlay               *

Description: This overlay includes the ebuilds needed to build a full,
             monolithic SVN install, or split-ebuild-install of KDE 4.

%
NOTES

IMPORTANT:
        1) We're not responsible for any damage these ebuilds can do to your
           computer.
        2) Do _NOT_ report bugs to gentoo developers trough gentoo bugzilla.
           This overlay is not supported in any way.
        3) Do _NOT_ sync too often with the SVN.

- First, it's _STRONGLY_ suggested to create a new user to test the development
  version of kde 4.
- Another thing to do, is, to enable the collision-protect portage system, via
  the FEATURES environment variable (see make.conf.example). By activating this
  feature you will be warned if a package is trying to overwrite a file that it
  does not own. A good source of information is
  http://developer.kde.org/build/trunk.html and obviously bugs.kde.org and
  kde-devel mailing list.
- At the moment kde4 doesn't offer a working desktop implementation, so don't
  even think of it for everyday use.  If you find a bug or any other problem in
  this overlay (because there are certainly some...), tell us ;)

%
THE OVERLAY

A brief overlook of the most important files in this overlay.
Quick note: live ebuilds are those with version number 9999.4

About some global use flags:
        1) htmlhandbook -> Compiles and installs the html handbook
        2) pie -> Position independed executable - Not tested
* For more information on use flags, please see profiles/use.local.desc in the
  overlay directory.

%
PORTAGE SETTINGS GUIDE

1) Unpack the overlay archive in a directory of your choice. Then add this
   directory to the PORTDIR_OVERLAY environment variable in /etc/make.conf or use
   layman:
        layman -a kde

2) Unmask the ebuilds you need, by adding the necessary lines to
   /etc/portage/package.keywords.  You can find a sample package.keywords in the
   "Documentation/" subdirectory.

NOTE: This file keywords packages per-slot, so you don't have to update your
      package.keywords every new release. To keyword the SVN ebuilds, replace
      ":kde-4" with ":kde-svn" for all ebuilds you want to emerge.

3) Set up your useflags in /etc/portage/package.use. Note that the "dbus" and
   "qt3support" use flags for x11-libs/qt:4 are __required__.  Real men can find
   USE flag descriptions in profiles/use.desc and profiles/use.local.desc.
   Others can use tools like 'euse', found in app-portage/gentoolkit. ;-)

NOTE: This file sets use-flags on a per-slot basis, so you don't have to update
      your package.use on every new release.

For example:
# KDE 4 Pre-Releases use flags
x11-libs/qt:4 debug dbus qt3support zlib
kde-base/kdelibs:kde-4 debug
kde-base/kdepimlibs:kde-4 debug
kde-base/kdebase:kde-4 debug
kde-base/kdeadmin:kde-4 debug
kde-base/kdeartwork:kde-4 debug
kde-base/kdeedu:kde-4 debug
kde-base/kdegames:kde-4 debug
kde-base/kdegraphics:kde-4 debug
kde-base/kdemultimedia:kde-4 debug tunepimp
kde-base/kdenetwork:kde-4 debug
kde-base/kdepim:kde-4 debug
kde-base/kdesdk:kde-4 debug
kde-base/kdetoys:kde-4 debug
kde-base/kdeutils:kde-4 debug
kde-base/kdeaddons:kde-4 debug

# KDE 4 SVN ebuilds use flags
x11-libs/qt:4 debug dbus qt3support
kde-base/kdelibs:kde-svn debug
kde-base/kdepimlibs:kde-svn debug
kde-base/kdebase:kde-svn debug
kde-base/kdeadmin:kde-svn debug
kde-base/kdeartwork:kde-svn debug
kde-base/kdeedu:kde-svn debug
kde-base/kdegames:kde-svn debug
kde-base/kdegraphics:kde-svn debug
kde-base/kdemultimedia:kde-svn debug tunepimp
kde-base/kdenetwork:kde-svn debug
kde-base/kdepim:kde-svn debug
kde-base/kdesdk:kde-svn debug
kde-base/kdetoys:kde-svn debug
kde-base/kdeutils:kde-svn debug
kde-base/kdeaddons:kde-svn debug

If you want debug enabled remember to add "nostrip" or "splitdebug" to your
FEATURES, otherwise you won't get meaningful backtraces. See:
"How to get meaningful backtraces in Gentoo".
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/backtraces.xml

%
DEBUGGING THE EBUILDS

Well, there isn't much to say, these are simple ebuilds and all the standard
things apply here ;)
However there are a few CMake related things to remember:
1) Take a look at the CMake man page and its website.
2) To see cmake variables, cd (after the unpacking stage),
into /var/tmp/portage/${PN}-{PV}/work/${PN}-{PV}/ and then
type "ccmake ../${PN}_build". You will be greeted with a simple and intuitive
ncurses GUI that will show Cmake variables (configure switch, include dirs
etc...).

%
SESSION ENTRY
Note: it should be handled automatically by the kdebase ebuild - the how to is
      here just in case the automated process doesn't work.

To add kde-4.0 to kdm, put a file with the following code in the directory
defined by the SessionsDirs entry in /kde/${KDE_KDM_VER}/share/config/kdm/kdmrc.
Usually it's "SessionsDirs=/usr/share/xsessions"

------- cut here --------------
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Type=XSession
Exec=/usr/kde/svn/bin/startkde
TryExec=/usr/kde/svn/bin/startkde
Name=Kde 4.0 (svn release)
------- cut here --------------

NOTE:If you are using the 3.96.0 ebuilds, set
exec=/usr/kde/3.9/bin/startkde
tryexec=/usr/kde/3.9/bin/startkde

%
RUNNING KDE4 PROGRAMS

You can use KDE4 programs in various ways:
1) By logging in with KDM, starting a kde 4 desktop (see section above)

2) By logging in with the kde4 new user you have created (for example kde-devel)
   in a console and by setting up the proper environment.
   (see http://developer.kde.org/build/trunk.html )
   For example:

su - kde-devel

unset KDE_IS_PRELINKED
   # if you are using the 3.96.0 ebuilds, set KDEDIR=/usr/kde/3.9
   export KDEDIR=/usr/kde/svn
   export KDEDIRS=/usr:/usr/local:$KDEDIR
   export QTEST_COLORED=1
   export QT_PLUGIN_PATH=$KDEDIR/lib/kde4/plugins/
   export PATH=$KDEDIR/bin:$PATH
   export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$KDEDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
   export XDG_DATA_DIRS=/usr/share:${KDEDIR}/share:/usr/local/share
   export XDG_CONFIG_DIRS=$KDEDIR/etc/xdg
   export PATH=${PATH//\/usr\/kde\/3.5\/bin}

Starting dbus should _NOT_ be required anymore. It should be handled
   automatically by kde4 applications. However if you have problems, you can
   start it by hand with the following command: eval `dbus-launch --auto-syntax`

3) Sometimes the kde4 start-up mechanism has some problems booting up the
   desktop and therefore you can't use 1). There are two workarounds:

a) If you think there's a problem with env variables or with dbus, you can
      setup a proper .xsession and then login with kdm choosing the custom
      session, e.g:

unset KDE_IS_PRELINKED
   export QTEST_COLORED=1
   exec ${KDEDIR}/bin/startkde

b) If you think there's a problem with the startup mechanism itself (for
      example kdesktop is broken), you can choose the failsafe session from kdm
      and then, after you setup the environment, you could start the various
      programs by hand from xterm, for example:

unset KDE_IS_PRELINKED
   export QTEST_COLORED=1
   kwin &
   kdesktop &
   kicker &
   [...]

4) Using Xephyr (Recommended)

First of all check that you have emerged xorg-server with the kdrive use flag
   enabled. Then log in with the kde4 user and start Xephyr. For example,

Xephyr -ac -screen 1024x768 :1 &

After that you should export DISPLAY with the name of the display you gave as
   option to Xephyr (in the example :1).

export DISPLAY=:1

Then you should set up the kde4 environment:

unset KDE_IS_PRELINKED
   export QTEST_COLORED=1
   export LDPATH="$KDEDIR/lib:$LDPATH"

And now you are ready to start your favorite application.

%

COMMON PROBLEMS

Problem: I installed KDE4 in parallel with KDE3 and now KDM4 instead of KDM3
         starts at boot time and even if I start a KDE3 session, KDE4 programs
         still seems to have the precedence over their 3.x counterpart.

( This shouldn't happen anymore, as of revision 2667 of the overlay, though will
  get reversed later... Check your elog messages! )

Resolution: By default every new version of KDE has the precedence over the old
            one. To restore the status of KDE3, execute the following commands:

rm /etc/env.d/44kdepaths-kde-svn (or rm /etc/env.d/44kdepaths-kde-4 if are using
                                  a non-live ebuild)
env-update
source /etc/profile

... after that, restart KDM. However please note that now you should care to set
the environment correctly before running KDE4 applications, as described in the
sections of this guide which describe how to run KDE4 applications.

SUPPORT:
On IRC - Channel #genkdesvn on irc.freenode.net
On the Gentoo Forums - http://tinyurl.com/3a9awh ,
                       http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-530111.html (Part 1)
Through the Genkdesvn project bugtracker - See http://genkdesvn.sourceforge.net/

- please mark in bold the part that deals with setting up env.d file

Philantrop wrote:
And you're not the one who has to deal with users who break their KDE3 installations but *we* are. It's our call how we deal with things and if you don't like that, don't use the overlay. It's as simple as that. Case closed.

ok, so when somebody does not follow the advice and breaks his KDE3 install, you just break the KDE4 in the overlay to help him

when somebody complains about breaking the overlay, you send him away

great behaviour ...
kavol
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: something rotten in the overlay ... Reply with quote

Ingmarv wrote:
Obviously you can, but then you just use their internal copy of lua, which absolutely unacceptable in gentoo ebuilds, for security & other reasons.

ok, I did not know about this policy ... please could you provide a link so I can read about it further? (I'm not good in googling :-( )

Ingmarv wrote:
You're welcome to maintain your own ebuild, that doesn't imply that I have to follow your ebuild to the letter.

no, I did not mean that in this way ... I just wanted to say that I do not see any point in rewriting things that are already done, bringing new mistakes, and I really did not see the purpose of some things you've done within the ebuild - maybe you have explanations like the one above, but things like leaving out the parameters reccomended by the authors of the code seem to me a (great) bit strange
jcalado
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for nagging again guys, but is your konqueror always acting up?

When i Control + L to type some address, sometimes it locks up and crashes..
I'm no debug expert, so i can only get to this output:..

Code:
[?1034hUsing host libthread_db library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
[New Thread 0xb647ba10 (LWP 24950)]
[KCrash handler]
#6  0xffffe410 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
#7  0xb66e37f1 in *__GI_raise (sig=6)
    at ../nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/raise.c:64
#8  0xb66e4fd8 in *__GI_abort () at abort.c:88
#9  0xb6721768 in malloc_printerr (action=2,
    str=0xb67cf364 "free(): invalid pointer", ptr=0x6176) at malloc.c:5896
#10 0xb67233d5 in *__GI___libc_free (mem=0x8374c90) at malloc.c:3590
#11 0xb68ce4d9 in operator delete ()
   from /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.2/libstdc++.so.6
#12 0xb6f39967 in QListWidgetItem::~QListWidgetItem ()
   from /usr/lib/qt4/libQtGui.so.4
#13 0xb7f14906 in KonqComboCompletionBox::setItems (this=0x81bc310,
    items=@0x8362d14)
    at /var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdebase-9999.4/work/kdebase-9999.4/apps/konqueror/src/konqcombo.cpp:940
#14 0xb7f14c99 in KonqComboLineEdit::setCompletedItems (this=0x8148c90,
    items=@0xbfa33230)
    at /var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdebase-9999.4/work/kdebase-9999.4/apps/konqueror/src/konqcombo.cpp:883
#15 0xb79a14a5 in KComboBox::setCompletedItems (this=0x814a3c0,
    items=@0xbfa33230, autosubject=true)
    at /var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdelibs-9999.4/work/kdelibs-9999.4/kdeui/widgets/kcombobox.cpp:243
#16 0xb7f24d4b in KonqMainWindow::slotMakeCompletion (this=0x81195f8,
    text=@0xbfa33db0)
    at /var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdebase-9999.4/work/kdebase-9999.4/apps/konqueror/src/konqmainwindow.cpp:3173
#17 0xb7f3cfce in KonqMainWindow::qt_metacall (this=0x81195f8,
    _c=QMetaObject::InvokeMetaMethod, _id=151, _a=0xbfa337cc)
    at /var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdebase-9999.4/work/kdebase_build/apps/konqueror/src/konqmainwindow.moc:425
#18 0xb73617fb in QMetaObject::activate () from /usr/lib/qt4/libQtCore.so.4
#19 0xb7362338 in QMetaObject::activate () from /usr/lib/qt4/libQtCore.so.4
#20 0xb79a162d in KComboBox::completion (this=0x814a3c0, _t1=@0xbfa33db0)
    at /var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdelibs-9999.4/work/kdelibs_build/kdeui/kcombobox.moc:173
#21 0xb79a229a in KComboBox::qt_metacall (this=0x814a3c0,
    _c=QMetaObject::InvokeMetaMethod, _id=2, _a=0xbfa33d4c)
    at /var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdelibs-9999.4/work/kdelibs_build/kdeui/kcombobox.moc:105
#22 0xb79b473a in KHistoryComboBox::qt_metacall (this=0x814a3c0,
    _c=QMetaObject::InvokeMetaMethod, _id=53, _a=0xbfa33d4c)
    at /var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdelibs-9999.4/work/kdelibs_build/kdeui/khistorycombobox.moc:75
#23 0xb7f16f82 in KonqCombo::qt_metacall (this=0x814a3c0,
    _c=QMetaObject::InvokeMetaMethod, _id=53, _a=0xbfa33d4c)
    at /var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdebase-9999.4/work/kdebase_build/apps/konqueror/src/konqcombo.moc:67
#24 0xb73617fb in QMetaObject::activate () from /usr/lib/qt4/libQtCore.so.4
#25 0xb7362338 in QMetaObject::activate () from /usr/lib/qt4/libQtCore.so.4
#26 0xb79ba3db in KLineEdit::completion (this=0x8148c90, _t1=@0xbfa33db0)
    at /var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdelibs-9999.4/work/kdelibs_build/kdeui/klineedit.moc:215
#27 0xb79bea95 in KLineEdit::keyPressEvent (this=0x8148c90, e=0xbfa34604)
    at /var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdelibs-9999.4/work/kdelibs-9999.4/kdeui/widgets/klineedit.cpp:862
#28 0xb6aab338 in QWidget::event () from /usr/lib/qt4/libQtGui.so.4
#29 0xb6dce8d3 in QLineEdit::event () from /usr/lib/qt4/libQtGui.so.4
#30 0xb79bbcd4 in KLineEdit::event (this=0x8148c90, ev=0xbfa34604)
    at /var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdelibs-9999.4/work/kdelibs-9999.4/kdeui/widgets/klineedit.cpp:1244
#31 0xb6d90389 in QComboBox::keyPressEvent () from /usr/lib/qt4/libQtGui.so.4
#32 0xb79b3e59 in KHistoryComboBox::keyPressEvent (this=0x814a3c0,
    e=0xbfa34604)
    at /var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdelibs-9999.4/work/kdelibs-9999.4/kdeui/widgets/khistorycombobox.cpp:345
#33 0xb7f172ba in KonqCombo::keyPressEvent (this=0x814a3c0, e=0xbfa34604)
    at /var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdebase-9999.4/work/kdebase-9999.4/apps/konqueror/src/konqcombo.cpp:441
#34 0xb6aab338 in QWidget::event () from /usr/lib/qt4/libQtGui.so.4
#35 0xb6d8d3a5 in QComboBox::event () from /usr/lib/qt4/libQtGui.so.4
#36 0xb6a5e0cf in QApplicationPrivate::notify_helper ()
#37 0xb6a5fd5b in QApplication::notify () from /usr/lib/qt4/libQtGui.so.4
#38 0xb791a776 in KApplication::notify (this=0xbfa34fc8, receiver=0x814a3c0,
    event=0xbfa34604)
    at /var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdelibs-9999.4/work/kdelibs-9999.4/kdeui/kernel/kapplication.cpp:319
#39 0xb734f3b6 in QCoreApplication::notifyInternal ()
   from /usr/lib/qt4/libQtCore.so.4
#40 0xb6ab0bba in ?? () from /usr/lib/qt4/libQtGui.so.4
#41 0xb6add4ab in ?? () from /usr/lib/qt4/libQtGui.so.4
#42 0xb6adf24c in ?? () from /usr/lib/qt4/libQtGui.so.4
#43 0xb6abc1df in QApplication::x11ProcessEvent ()
#44 0xb6ae0614 in ?? () from /usr/lib/qt4/libQtGui.so.4
#45 0xb734e8db in QEventLoop::processEvents () from /usr/lib/qt4/libQtCore.so.4
#46 0xb734e9c3 in QEventLoop::exec () from /usr/lib/qt4/libQtCore.so.4
#47 0xb7350aef in QCoreApplication::exec () from /usr/lib/qt4/libQtCore.so.4
#48 0xb6a5d7df in QApplication::exec () from /usr/lib/qt4/libQtGui.so.4
#49 0xb7f61275 in kdemain (argc=1, argv=0xbfa35344)
    at /var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdebase-9999.4/work/kdebase-9999.4/apps/konqueror/src/konqmain.cpp:218
#50 0x080487d2 in main (argc=)
    at /var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdebase-9999.4/work/kdebase_build/apps/konqueror/src/konqueror_dummy.cpp:3
#0  0xffffe410 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
albright
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

konqueror seems to work fairly well for me, unless
of course you enter smb:// into the address bar.
Then it instantly crashes (so does dolphin). entering
smb://somecomputer will display the files on
somecomputer share but if I try to drag one of
the files I get an instant crash ...

But that's a bug which is months old (but not yet
fixed)
2dimm
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am getting a repeat of the freeze when "Running kbuildsycoca4 to build global database". So far on kdelibs, kdepim, kdebase, kdeadmin, kdeartwork, plasma-extras... If killed by ksysguard the build installs ok & the second pass of kbuildsycoca4 - after "Regenerating /etc/ld.so.cache" runs without a hitch.
revilootneg
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about having bothered you about kopete not starting. It turned out today (after finally the tray is working for me first time) kopete was already autostarted and minimized to tray.

So far absolutely no complaints.

greets
revilootneg
jcalado
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a working systray also for the first time ever.

Yay! :D

I still can't see KDE4 beeing released December 11th. I think they should release at least one more RC.

Also, is Kate not built with kdebase-9999.4 ?
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 15 of 28

Jump to: