Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Is glsa-check -m affected a good way to check a system?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

 
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Kasumi_Ninja
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 1825
Location: The Netherlands

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Is glsa-check -m affected a good way to check a system? Reply with quote

I wonder if "glsa-check -m affected" is the right way to check automatically -and receive a mail- if your system is affected by any (recent) glsa? Normally I would use "glsa-check -t all". Is there any difference?
_________________
Please add [solved] to the initial post's subject line if you feel your problem is resolved. Help answer the unanswered
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bunder
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva


Joined: 10 Apr 2004
Posts: 5213

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use "-n -l affected", seems to be okay for me. ymmv ofc. :wink:
_________________
goodbye fgo. it was nice knowing you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Suicidal
l33t
l33t


Joined: 30 Jul 2003
Posts: 940
Location: /dev/null

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to use something like:

Code:
glsa-check --list all | grep "[[ N ]]" | mail -s "glsa-check for $HOSTNAME" foo@bar.com


Sadly I currently don't have any Gentoo servers at my new job. :cry:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kasumi_Ninja
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 1825
Location: The Netherlands

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunder wrote:
i use "-n -l affected", seems to be okay for me. ymmv ofc. :wink:


When I issue a "glsa-check -t -m all" I get:

Code:
please use only one command per call

Syntax: glsa-check <option> [glsa-list]



Suicidal wrote:
I used to use something like:

Code:
glsa-check --list all | grep "[[ N ]]" | mail -s "glsa-check for $HOSTNAME" foo@bar.com


Sadly I currently don't have any Gentoo servers at my new job. :cry:

Thanks, I might use that only I was hoping that glsa-check has a similar feature build in :)

P.S.
No Gentoo servers?! Time to find a new job :P
_________________
Please add [solved] to the initial post's subject line if you feel your problem is resolved. Help answer the unanswered
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bunder
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva


Joined: 10 Apr 2004
Posts: 5213

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aniruddha wrote:
bunder wrote:
i use "-n -l affected", seems to be okay for me. ymmv ofc. :wink:


When I issue a "glsa-check -t -m all" I get:

Code:
please use only one command per call

Syntax: glsa-check <option> [glsa-list]



not sure what's causing that... but i also use glsa-check from within cron, which makes -m unneeded.

cheers
_________________
goodbye fgo. it was nice knowing you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kernelOfTruth
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 20 Dec 2005
Posts: 5721
Location: Vienna, Austria; Germany; hello world :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*subscribes*

exactly what I needed :wink:
_________________
https://github.com/kernelOfTruth/ZFS-for-SystemRescueCD/tree/ZFS-for-SysRescCD-4.3.0-r2
2.6.37.2_plus_v1: BFS, CFS,THP,compaction, zcache or TOI
Hardcore Linux user since 2004 :D
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kasumi_Ninja
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 1825
Location: The Netherlands

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunder wrote:
Aniruddha wrote:
bunder wrote:
i use "-n -l affected", seems to be okay for me. ymmv ofc. :wink:


When I issue a "glsa-check -t -m all" I get:

Code:
please use only one command per call

Syntax: glsa-check <option> [glsa-list]



not sure what's causing that... but i also use glsa-check from within cron, which makes -m unneeded.

cheers


Great! That is exactly what I want to do. Can you post your crontab entry for glsa-check?
_________________
Please add [solved] to the initial post's subject line if you feel your problem is resolved. Help answer the unanswered
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum