Only use some ebuilds provided by overlay but not all
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
allistarM
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:42 am    Post subject: Only use some ebuilds provided by overlay but not all Reply with quote

Hi there,
I use the xeffects overlay to get compiz-fusion functionality. When I do:

Code:
emerge -uDNpvt world

I get a lot of non compiz related ebuilds that I want to come from the main gentoo sources and not the overlay. Examples are:

Code:

[ebuild   R   ] x11-libs/cairo-1.4.10  USE="X glitz opengl svg -debug -directfb -doc -newspr% -xcb" 0 kB [1]
[ebuild   R   ]  x11-libs/libXft-2.1.12  USE="-debug -newspr%" 0 kB [1]
[ebuild   R   ]   x11-libs/qt-3.3.8-r4  USE="cups gif ipv6 mysql opengl xinerama -debug -doc -examples (-firebird) immqt -immqt-bc -nas -nis -odbc -pertty% -postgres -qt-copy% -sqlite" 0 kB [0=>1]
[ebuild   R   ]   kde-base/kdelibs-3.5.7-r3  USE="alsa arts cups fam kdeenablefinal spell xinerama -acl -avahi -brading -debug -doc -jpeg2k -kdehiddenvisibility -kerberos -legacyssl -lua -openexr -pertty% -tiff -utempter (-bindist)" 0 kB [0=>1]
[ebuild   R   ]  kde-base/libkonq-3.5.7  USE="arts kdeenablefinal xinerama -debug -kdehiddenvisibility -pertty%" 0 B [1]

I don't want to use the xeffects version of libkonq, kdelibs or qt, I want to use the standard version. How do I tell emerge or portage to ignore all packages from the overlay other than those I have specifically asked to install (and their dependencies, of course)?
Hum
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

easiest way is to go into the overlay and delete the directories corresponding to those ebuilds you don't want to use
allistarM
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do other people who use the xeffects overlay for compiz-fusion take the overly version of qt, kde etc? Am I being paranoid in my desire not to take the xeffects version of those things?
tarpman
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I think they usually do. There is no way in the current Portage to select ebuilds from an overlay other than deleting the ones you don't want. Most of the functionality added by the xeffects ebuilds is controlled by USE flags, as well, so as long as you leave those off you aren't too much different from the main tree.

Incidentally, Compiz Fusion is now in the main Portage tree, so if that is the only thing you are using xeffects for you can safely get rid of it. fusion-icon is not yet in Portage but it's (IMO) not essential, and hopefully not too far off.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: