Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
KDE4 Overlay (Part 3)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kdemultimedia-9999.4 r765804 will compile by commenting out find_package(Xine) in /usr/portage/distfiles/svn-src/KDE/kdemultimedia/kdemultimedia/CMakeLists.txt, like this:
Code:
# search packages used by KDE
find_package(KDE4 REQUIRED)
include(KDE4Defaults)
include(MacroLibrary)
# find_package(Xine)
find_package(Alsa)
alsa_configure_file(${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/config-alsa.h)

Of course I guess any xine features won't be included. I just did it to see if this was the problem. Emerging xine-lib with USE="xcb" didn't help.

However, here's what did compile, build, and install:
Code:
>>> Install kdemultimedia-9999.4 into /var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdemultimedia-9999.4/image/ categorykde-base
[  0%] Built target handbook
[  0%] Built target handbook
[ 17%] Built target kcompactdisc
[ 35%] Built target kcddb
[ 43%] Built target kdeinit_kmixctrl
[ 45%] Built target kdeinit_dialogtest
[ 62%] Built target kdeinit_kmix
[ 65%] Built target kcm_cddb
[ 72%] Built target profiletest
[ 75%] Built target audiocdplugins
[ 77%] Built target kmix
[ 85%] Built target kscd
[ 86%] Built target kmixctrl
[ 87%] Built target dialogtest
[ 88%] Built target kio_audiocd
[ 91%] Built target audiocd_encoder_vorbis
[ 93%] Built target audiocd_encoder_wav
[ 97%] Built target audiocd_encoder_lame
[100%] Built target kcm_audiocd

OpenRC Gentoo ~amd64 plasma, glibc-2.36-r7, gcc-13.2.1_p20230304
kernel-6.8.4 USE=experimental python3_11
kdvgent
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Compilation problem with kdepim-9999.4 Reply with quote

I succeeded in building kde4 from svn last week. Since then, I tried to use the nightmerge script to update the build, especially because of kdepim (trying to create an account in kmail makes X-Windows to crash). But since a couple of days, kdepim does not compile anymore for what seems to be a compilation error (and one would assume that code in svn should at least compile).

End of my messagelog:
Quote:
In file included from /var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdepim-9999.4/work/kdepim-9999.4/kontact/src/iconsidepane.cpp:58:
/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdepim-9999.4/work/kdepim-9999.4/kontact/src/iconsidepane.h:99:2: warning: #warning Port me!
/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdepim-9999.4/work/kdepim-9999.4/kontact/src/iconsidepane.cpp:287:2: warning: #warning Port me!
/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdepim-9999.4/work/kdepim-9999.4/kontact/src/iconsidepane.cpp:340:2: warning: #warning Port me!
/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdepim-9999.4/work/kdepim-9999.4/kontact/src/iconsidepane.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void Kontact::EntryItem::paint(QPainter*)’:
/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdepim-9999.4/work/kdepim-9999.4/kontact/src/iconsidepane.cpp:231: warning: ‘disabled’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/qt4/QtGui/qpalette.h:223)
/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdepim-9999.4/work/kdepim-9999.4/kontact/src/iconsidepane.cpp:231: warning: ‘text’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/qt4/QtGui/qpalette.h:204)
/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdepim-9999.4/work/kdepim-9999.4/kmail/kmcomposereditor.cpp: In member function ‘void KMComposerEditor::slotDictionaryChanged(const QString&)’:
/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdepim-9999.4/work/kdepim-9999.4/kmail/kmcomposereditor.cpp:79: error: ‘setSpellCheckingLanguage’ was not declared in this scope
make[2]: *** [kmail/CMakeFiles/kmailprivate.dir/kmcomposereditor.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [kmail/CMakeFiles/kmailprivate.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
[ 32%] Building CXX object kontact/src/CMakeFiles/kontact.dir/aboutdialog.o
[ 32%] Building CXX object kontact/src/CMakeFiles/kontact.dir/prefs.o
Linking CXX shared library ../../lib/libkontact.so
[ 32%] Built target kontact
make: *** [all] Error 2
* ERROR: kde-base/kdepim-9999.4 failed.
* Call stack:
* ebuild.sh, line 46: Called src_compile
* environment, line 2478: Called kde4-base_src_compile
* environment, line 1799: Called kde4-base_src_make
* environment, line 1829: Called cmake-utils_src_make
* environment, line 632: Called die
* The specific snippet of code:
* emake "$@" || diefunc "$FUNCNAME" "$LINENO" "$?" "Make failed!";
* The die message:
* Make failed!
* If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
* A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdepim-9999.4/temp/build.log'.
* The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdepim-9999.4/temp/environment'.
* This ebuild used the following eclasses from overlays:
* /usr/portage/local/layman/kde/eclass/kde4svn.eclass
* /usr/portage/local/layman/kde/eclass/subversion.eclass
* /usr/portage/local/layman/kde/eclass/kde4-base.eclass
* /usr/portage/local/layman/kde/eclass/kde4-functions.eclass

Anybody else having this problem? Should I report it somewhere or just wait a few extra days and try again?
Stefano Crocco
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday morning, I rebuilt kdelibs and kdebase 4 from svn, and suddenly Konqueror started complaining about not being able to talk with klauncher (the error message is "Could not start process Cannot talk to klauncher: Connection is closed."), and refusing to open any html page, both on the web and on my hard disk, but only when started from the K menu. If I start it from krunner, or by clicking on a link somewhere else, it seems to work but, after some minutes, it complains again.

When I first noticed this issue, I thought of a configuration problem, so logged out and removed the .kdesvn directory, but nothing changed. Having ruled that possibility out, I thought it could be a problem KDE itself (being this the svn version, I know there may be problems sometimes) and decided to wait and see whether it would be fixed soon. I just finished rebuilding kdelibs and kdebase, and it seems the problem is still there.

Is there anybody else experiencing this issue? If not, then it seems very likely that there's something wrong with my system, but I don't know what and how to investigate it (google found a good number of pages related to problems with klauncher, but all of them seem related to kde 3) and I'd be very grateful for any suggestion.
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kdvgent,
Which kdepim revision fails? I just compiled revision 765783 OK, and kmail works normally. Right before I updated from r764472, kmail was having problems, right after I had updated kdelibs earlier in the day. With svn, these types of problems are to be expected.

I'm finding that any update in kdelibs is more likely to cause subsequent problems with significantly older packages, and almost always requires you rebuild all of kde. That was also sometimes true with kde3.

I usually update everything at once in the proper order (takes about 7 hours on my system if I don't run into problems), so the revisions are pretty close to the kdelib's revision number, and have very few failures using that procedure. Any support packages and qt always go first, then kdelibs, kdepimlibs,kdebase, and then others in any order. Any time you upgrade qt (I'm using 4.3.3 from portage), you'll for sure need to recompile everything, but that's not very often compared to hourly kde svn changes. I have been recently updating every 2-3 days or so. Things apparently are moving pretty fast in kde svn, and the improvement is noticable relative to 4.0 releases from other distros I have tried.
Bloodsurfer
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have the problem with the disappearing text on the taskbar (clock, window titles). On my x86 notebook there is never any text at all in the bar, on my amd64 desktop it blinks randomly.
All dependencies (as the whole other lot of installed packages) are up to date and ~arch on both machines...
SiberianSniper: or <name>.ko, so she's ready for insertion?
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stefano Crocco,
Just ran into the "Cannot talk to klauncher: Connection is closed" problem after updating today, and trying to open a new instance of konqueror. From the right-click on desktop run command , it opens fine. Stating the obvious,I would suspect a menu link problem. :wink: Aren't these menu or panel items actually just symlinks (or hardlinks)?

EDIT: Hmmmmm. I have the "traditional kmenu" application launcher menu wiget on my desktop, and konqueror launches from it fine. Curious?

UPDATE: Even weirder- the 2nd time I tried it, it now fails from the application launcher menu wiget on my desktop. All other items work- just konqueror fails.

UPDATE2: If you drag konqueror from /usr/kde/svn/bin to the desktop, it creates an plasma workspace icon, that launches konqueror in web browsing mode, with all bookmarks, and it works normally. Since the icon's size is only 5.1K, It has to be a symlink.
laurencevde
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, they're not symlinks. They're .desktop -files. For the apps in the menu, you can find them in $KDEDIR/share/applications/kde4, and they're simple text-files contianing all the data needed to start an app. The menu is layed out according to an xml-file found in $KDEDIR/etc/xdg/menus, and filled with these entrys. It's a freedesktop.org-standardised format btw, used at least in kde3, kde4 and gnome.
kdvgent
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:34 am    Post subject: kdepim compilation problem Reply with quote

wrc1944 - thanks for the info.

Kdepim is at revision 765850.

To my understanding, the nightmerge script given earlier in this topic/thread does exactly that, it checks with files in svn have been changed and then determines what need to be rebuild.

I'll try again over the weekend to see if anything changes.
Stefano Crocco
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrc1944, I'm not completely sure the problem is related just to .desktop files, as I've just noticed another "unexpected" behaviour. If I launch konqueror using, for example, krunner when there's another instance open, it should create a new tab in the old instance (I've the appropriate option set in konqueror settings dialog and it worked until two days ago). Instead, now a new instance of konqueror it's started. I'd think it's a kfmclient bug, if not for the fact that, according to the KDE WebSVN site, kfmclient source files haven't been changed recently. On the other hand, some .desktop files related to konqueror have indeed been changed about two days ago, but only regarding the translation of the name, which shouldn't change the functionality.

At any rate, right now I'm rebuilding everything again. If the problem doesn't disappear, I'm going to try to replace my konqueror related .desktop files with those in the official 4.0.0 release (which worked) and see whether that changes something.

I've just seen this problem reported as a bug to the kde bugs page.
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

laurencevde,
As I've always understood it, .desktop files ARE links, and an Exec=foo command can be added to launch application, so it would seem we're talking about a distinction without much of a difference. :wink:

Stefano Crocco, and others having this problem:
I just updated two of my openSuse kde4 installations, and immediately experienced the same problem, so it's apparently not Gentoo related. Must be a bug in the later revisions at svn, and we'll probably see a fix soon- this can't be a very serious bug.

EDIT: Yeah- I'm suspecting kfmclient too.
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stefano Crocco,
Is this what we are experiencing?
http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=156462
At the bottom, there's a report it's on opensuse, like I mentioned.

Here's another older report describing this on kde3:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2005/02/msg00150.html

Checked again at http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdebase/apps/konqueror/client/, and it has been 8 days since kfmclient in konqueror has changed.
Seems to me like a more recent update somewhere else broke this. If you find a fix changing your file to the 4.0 version like you mentioned, post back. Did your rebuild help? I guess I'll try rebuilding just kdebase right now.

EDIT: Hmmm... kdebase failed. Maybe I need to sync portage and layman.
Code:
Updated to revision 766396.
 *    working copy: /usr/portage/distfiles/svn-src/KDE/kdebase/kdebase

* apply patches -->
 * Applying gentoo-startkde.patch ...

* Failed Patch: gentoo-startkde.patch !
 *  ( /usr/portage/local/layman/kde/kde-base/kdebase/files/gentoo-startkde.patch )
 * Include in your bugreport the contents of:
 *   /var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdebase-9999.4/temp/gentoo-startkde.patch-5061.out

* ERROR: kde-base/kdebase-9999.4 failed.

Gentoo.Duncan
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Updated svn-merge script Reply with quote

I updated the svn-update-merge script as found in this forum recently. I've been using it on my system without issue for a week or so now, so it's time to see if others find it useful or hit bugs that I missed. Among the changes:

• The script now properly sources make.conf to find the local system's $DISTDIR and therefore the svn sources dir. This was necessary as it was hard-coded to use /usr/portage/distfiles, and I make good use of Gentoo's customizing features in this regard, so the previous hard-coding just wasn't working! =8^(

• The script now uses mktemp, for better security. Google "tempfile race condition" and read up if you're interested in the why. This necessitated a bit of a script rewrite as the way tempfiles were handled previously wasn't compatible. All tempfiles are now created in a subdir of $TMPDIR (/tmp by default), kdesvn.XXXXXXXXXX, where the Xs denote a random number.

• The script is now nicely commented and indented to make further revisions far easier, should someone need them.

• The script now uses emerge -1av, so you can see what it's going to remerge, check USE flags to see if anything has changed that you might need to fix before it actually merges with it, etc. You can of course delete the -a from the emerge line near the bottom of the script if desired.

• I declare my changes to be in the public domain. I don't believe the original license
    was stated as posted.

Thanks to the original author, as I'd have had no idea how to manage the svn/sed/etc stuff.

I call the script eak4s, for emerge ask kde4 svn, here, but call it whatever you want....

Code:
#!/bin/bash

# script to check kde svn ebuild status and update as necessary.
# Modified by "Duncan" from a script originally posted to the
# Gentoo forums, KDE4-svn threads.  I/Duncan declare my
# changes to be in the public domain.
# Original script's license unstated as retrieved from forum.

# source make.conf (into a subshell to avoid env contamination),
# retrieving $DISTDIR to set $SVNDIR
SVNDIR=$( . /etc/make.conf; echo "${DISTDIR}" )
[ "${SVNDIR}" ] || SVNDIR=/usr/portage/distfiles
SVNDIR="${SVNDIR}/svn-src"

# safely create a working tmpdir and scratch files
TMPWK=$(mktemp -dt kdesvn.XXXXXXXXXX)
TMPFILE="${TMPWK}/temp"
MERGEFILE="${TMPWK}/merge"
MERGEORDERED="${TMPWK}/ordered"

# svn returns one of these on change, in our test below
CHNG_TEST="external|Status against revision| working copy|X"

# loop thru our svn sources, checking for updates
# first the KDE dir
for i in "${SVNDIR}/KDE/"*/* ; do
        echo "$i"
        svn --quiet st -u "$i" |sed '/^$/d'|egrep -v "${CHNG_TEST}" |tee  "${TMPFILE}"
        [ -s "${TMPFILE}" ] && echo "$i"|gawk -F "/" {' print $7 '} >> "${MERGEFILE}"
done
# then the main svn-srcs dir
for i in "${SVNDIR}/"*/*; do
        echo "$i"
        svn --quiet st -u "$i" |sed '/^$/d'|egrep -v "${CHNG_TEST}" |tee  "${TMPFILE}"
        [ -s "${TMPFILE}" ] && echo "$i"|gawk -F "/" {' print $6 '} >> "${MERGEFILE}"
done

# done with $TMPFILE, remove it and unset the vars we are done with too
rm "${TMPFILE}"; unset TMPFILE SVNDIR CHNG_TEST

# order the emerges correctly, first the critical stuff
for i in strigi soprano kdelibs kdepimlibs kdebase; do
        [ $(grep $i "${MERGEFILE}") ] && echo $i >> "${MERGEORDERED}"
done
# then everything else in whatever order
egrep "strigi|soprano|kdelibs|kdepimlibs|kdebase" -v "${MERGEFILE}" >> "${MERGEORDERED}"

# done with $MERGEFILE, we can delete it
rm "${MERGEFILE}"; unset MERGEFILE

echo "The following packages will be merged:"
cat "${MERGEORDERED}"

# now do the actual merges
emerge  -1av "$@" $(cat "${MERGEORDERED}")

# and we are done with $MERGEORDERED and $TMPWK so remove them
rm "${MERGEORDERED}"; rmdir "${TMPWK}"; unset MERGEORDERED TMPWK

Gentoo.Duncan
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrc1944 wrote:

EDIT: Hmmm... kdebase failed. Maybe I need to sync portage and layman.
Code:
Updated to revision 766396.

* apply patches -->

*  ( /usr/portage/local/layman/kde/kde-base/kdebase/files/gentoo-startkde.patch )
 *   /var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdebase-9999.4/temp/gentoo-startkde.patch-5061.out

That's new this morning. Apparently upstream just broke Gentoo's patch. (I fetched and got a build just before the breakage, but tried again due to unrelated issues, and can't build now.)
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentoo.Duncan,
I don't use this script, but maybe you know something about why emerge -upD world is suddenly getting a mktemp block.

Thanks for the info on the gentoo patch. :) Anyone know when/if a fix is imminent? I'd sure like to rebuild and see if the klauncher konqueror problem is resolved. :(
Code:
[ebuild     U ] sys-apps/coreutils-6.10-r1 [6.9-r1]
[ebuild     U ] dev-scheme/guile-1.8.3-r2 [1.8.3-r1]
[ebuild     U ] media-video/mplayer-1.0_rc2_p24929-r3 [1.0_rc2_p24929-r2]
[ebuild     U ] app-text/poppler-bindings-0.6.3 [0.6.2]
[ebuild     U ] xfce-base/xfce-mcs-plugins-4.4.2-r1 [4.4.2]
[ebuild     U ] app-text/a2ps-4.13c-r6 [4.13c-r5] USE="-emacs%"
[ebuild     U ] xfce-base/xfprint-4.4.2-r1 [4.4.2]
[ebuild     U ] xfce-extra/xfce4-notes-1.6.1 [1.6.0]
[ebuild     U ] xfce-extra/xfce4-timer-0.6 [0.5.1]
[ebuild     U ] xfce-extra/xfce4-fsguard-0.4.1 [0.4.0]
[ebuild     U ] kde-base/kcontrol-3.5.8-r2 [3.5.8] USE="-joystick%"
[blocks B     ] sys-apps/mktemp (is blocking sys-apps/coreutils-6.10-r1)
gentoo-audio rob #

Also, layman -s kde seems to have problems now:
Code:
gentoo-audio rob # layman -s kde
* Running command "cd "/usr/portage/local/layman/kde" && /usr/bin/git pull"...
remote: Generating pack...
remote: Done counting 46 objects.
remote: Result has 33 objects.
remote: Deltifying 33 objects...
remote:  100% (33/33) done
remote: Total 33 (delta 21), reused 0 (delta 0)
Unpacking 33 objects...
 100% (33/33) done
* refs/remotes/origin/master: fast forward to branch 'master' of git://www2.mailstation.de/git/genkde4svn-pub
  old..new: c83c356..e792b37
Updating c83c356..e792b37
kde-base/kdetoys/Manifest: needs update
kde-base/kdeutils/Manifest: needs update
fatal: Entry 'kde-base/kdetoys/Manifest' not uptodate. Cannot merge.
* Errors:
* ------
* Failed to sync overlay "kde".
* Error was: Syncing overlay "kde" returned status 32768!
EDIT: Forgot- I had to re-digest those items like on another kdesvn box I have. I did so, but this time it doesn't fix it- I still get the same error???? Wonder what's wrong now. :?
retroman
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems kopete dies after update............

Code:
kopete: error while loading shared libraries: libphonon.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

anyone have this too?
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried kdebase again- the gentoo patch number has changed to patch-1325 from 5061, but it still fails?
Code:
Updated to revision 766429.

* apply patches -->

*   /var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdebase-9999.4/temp/gentoo-startkde.patch-1325.out

EDIT: Hmmm. Guess I'll merge to kdelibs r766430 (from 765600) first, and see what happens.

Last edited by wrc1944 on Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
retroman
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

libphonon availibility

Code:

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     14 Jan 25 19:01 libphonon.so -> libphonon.so.5
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     18 Jan 25 19:01 libphonon.so.5 -> libphonon.so.5.2.0
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 236568 Jan 25 19:01 libphonon.so.5.2.0

seems so.4 disappeared,

added a link until this is resolved

Code:

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     14 Jan 25 22:02 libphonon.so.4 -> libphonon.so.5
Stefano Crocco
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrc1944, I didn't have time to try replacing the .desktop files today, I'll do it tomorrow morning. At any rate, I noticed that the the bug report you mentioned is about kdelibs, not kdebase, so I don't think the it will change something.

At any rate, I'll post the results tomorrow
Gentoo.Duncan
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrc1944 wrote:
why emerge -upD world is suddenly getting a mktemp block.

Try an emerge -pl coreutils to see. =8^) (That's an el, not a one, BTW, IOW --changelog).

mktemp is now included in coreutils, so the new coreutils blocks it. (I noticed that because I've developed a habit of scanning for any -rX updates and checking the log to see what they are if it looks like an important package.)

Quote:

Thanks for the info on the gentoo patch. :) Anyone know when/if a fix is imminent? I'd sure like to rebuild and see if the klauncher konqueror problem is resolved. :(

I don't know, but I'd assume it'd be relatively soon. It'll be a layman update, not upstream kde, since it's a Gentoo patch that's the problem. Upstream broke it but they had no reason to know about the Gentoo specific patch anyway, since it's a distribution thing due to slotting, not a general thing, so it's Gentoo's to fix. From another comment, seems like they've fixed one patch already but there's another holding it up now.

Quote:
EDIT: Forgot- I had to re-digest those items like on another kdesvn box I have. I did so, but this time it doesn't fix it- I still get the same error???? Wonder what's wrong now. :?

I see several folks saying they are having to redigest. I've not had to yet with the KDE overlay, and always worry when I do that either someone's screwing with my ebuilds or that the file didn't download properly. With regular tree ebuilds, if I get that, I check the ebuild by hand and/or verify it against the viewcvs version, just to be sure. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but those digest checks are there for a reason, and if they are failing, something strange is going on and I want to know what it is, and not just blindly trust something that after all has some processing done as root, so it'd be a nice way to crack a box if someone was so inclined and could get between me and Gentoo.

Anyway, I'd wait a bit before getting too worried. Someone's probably in the middle of fixing the upstream breakage, so try later or tomorrow and see if it's fixed, before getting too worried. It's a live ebuild, after all...
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentoo.Duncan wrote:
Quote:
mktemp is now included in coreutils, so the new coreutils blocks it. (I noticed that because I've developed a habit of scanning for any -rX updates and checking the log to see what they are if it looks like an important package.)
Thanks much for the reply. :D

I removed the mktemp-1.5 block, and emerge -uD world went through, including coreutils , right before I saw your post above. "mktemp is now included in coreutils" explains everything- Thanks.

Since the gentoo patch was changed, I'm doing kdelibs and kdepimlibs right now, and will try kdebase again.

EDIT: After kdelibs and kdepimlibs went fine, kdebase r766459 still fails. :?
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE on the layman -s kde and kdebase problems. Solved by deleting the toys and utils directories, and resyncing layman, which finally got the overlay and "not uptodate" manifests updated properly.

Then tried kdebase again, and it failed with the message:
Code:
This package requires 'kde-base/kdelibs:kde-svn' to be built with the following USE flags: 'alsa semantic-desktop*'.

I added those to kdelibs in package.use, and am currently trying again.
titoucha
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With kdelibs 766490, phonon dosen't work!!
Stefano Crocco
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At last, I tried replacing the svn .desktop files with the ones which come with KDE 4.0.0. As expected, nothing changed. According to the bug report 156658 (http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=156658), the problem lies in the internals of konqueror, and is related to how konqueror uses dbus. So, nothing there's nothing we can do, except waiting.

On a completely unrelated subject, has anyone succeeded in compiling kdebindings with the ruby use flag and qwt installed? I kept getting a compilation error on a file which contains the bindings for qwt, so at last I decided to remove it and kdebindings compiled successfully.
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stefano Crocco,
Thanks for the info on the bug. I just updated a bunch of packages kde4 on my openSuse installation with their latest Jan.24 builds (they have split-out versions), but konqueror wasn't among them this time. They still have this konqueror/klauncher bug too.

Finally got kdebase to compile. My problem was not knowing about those USE flags, because I couldn't sync the overlay. Once I got that synced and added the flags, all seems back to normal, and I'm continuing with the rest of the packages.

EDIT: Oops- after libs, pimlibs, base, graphics, artwork, and admin succeeded, edu fails at the end:
Code:
 [100%] Building CXX object kstars/kstars/CMakeFiles/kstars.dir/simclockadaptor.o
[100%] Building CXX object kstars/kstars/CMakeFiles/kstars.dir/Options.o
Linking CXX executable kstars
[100%] Built target kstars
make: *** [all] Error 2
 * ERROR: kde-base/kdeedu-9999.4 failed.
 * Call stack:
 *               ebuild.sh, line   46:  Called src_compile
 *             environment, line 2503:  Called kde4-base_src_compile
 *             environment, line 1815:  Called kde4-base_src_make
 *             environment, line 1845:  Called cmake-utils_src_make
 *             environment, line  648:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *           emake "$@" || diefunc "$FUNCNAME" "$LINENO" "$?" "Make failed!";
 *  The die message:
 *   Make failed!
I'll try the rest before working on edu.

Sorry- I don't use kdebindings, so I can't help there.
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just discovered something troubling. After the layman -s kde sync which allowed me to emerge kdebase-9999.4 and others again, kdetoys and kdeutils now fail with:
Code:
Calculating dependencies |
!!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "=kde-base/kdeutils-9999.4" have been masked.
!!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your request:
- kde-base/kdeutils-9999.4 (masked by: EAPI , CHOST: )

The current version of portage supports EAPI '1'. You must upgrade to a
newer version of portage before EAPI masked packages can be installed.

However, my portage is the current ~x86 version.

I looked in the overlay, and there are now no longer any kdetoys or kdeutils 9999.4 ebuilds, or even 4.0.0. :? There are only changelogs and a manifest for 4.0.0 versions. Anyone else have these ebuilds after syncing, and it's just me having this occur?

Anyone know what's going on? My understanding was that if you removed something from the overlay, it was re-downloaded on the next sync. Is that not correct?
Right before I last synced the overlay, I did back it up, so I do still have the old kdetoys and kdeutils ebuilds.

EDIT: OK- putting the old kdetoys-9999.4 ebuild back into the new kdetoys directory with the new manifest seems to work- it compiled normally. Still don't know why re-digesting didn't work before, or why no new ebuild was downloaded at sync???

Last edited by wrc1944 on Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 23 of 24

Jump to: