View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GentooMN
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 1:12 pm    Post subject: XF86Config and a nVidia GeForce2 MX400 Reply with quote

OK, this is the problem I'm having with X. I've got most of XF86Config configured, but when X comes up the "Picture" seems to be too big for the Screen. No, this is not a monitor setting problem, I've already adjusted that. I'm sure it's a problem with the "Screens" Section. I'd like X to come up in 24bit 1024x768 mode, but it seems to be coming up into something else. Can anyone narrow my problem down to what part of the XF86Config file it is. It's either the monitor section, Video Card, or the screens. The file was configured with xf86config utility, and everything seems to be working fine, except for the screen size. I'm loading the nVidia Drivers at startup, and they seem to be working fine. I guess I'm just looking for an idea of where to troubleshoot next, if someone could help me out that'd be great. :oops: I'll attach a copy of XF86Config ASAP...
klieber
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um...have a look see at the other thread entitled "Problems with X" that's just a few posts away from yours...

--kurt
GentooMN
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry bout that, I had seen that one, and only skimmed through the first few sentences... Doh! Thanks :lol:
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: