[SOLVED] Very strange keyboard behaviour
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caleb9
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED] Very strange keyboard behaviour Reply with quote

I didn't know where to put this so i put it here. I recently noticed, that I cannot type some characters in clean terminal! Others are mistyped. For example I cannot type 'c' and when I type 'u' it gives '4'... I know it was working before but I have no idea when did it stop, since I'm not using clean terminal too often. In X it seems to work just fine, although restarting /etc/init.d/keymap also provokes strange behaviour in kde: I cannot type any sign - I have to switch to terminal (Ctrl+Alt+F1) and back again to X and they start working again :0. The output of "/etc/init.d/keymap restart" is
Code:
caleb9 ~ # /etc/init.d/keymaps restart
 * WARNING:  you are stopping a boot service.
 * WARNING:  you are stopping a boot service.
 * Loading key mappings ...                                                                                           [ ok ]
 * Setting terminal encoding to UTF-8 ...                                                                             [ ok ]
 * Setting user font ...
putfont: PIO_FONT: Invalid argument

I honestly haven't got the slightest idea what might cause it, so I can't give any more references, but it's goddamn bad, cuz if I ever happen to stay without X, I might not even be able to log into the system :O. Help!

Last edited by Caleb9 on Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Caleb9
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupid error: /etc/init.d/numlock was autostarting, and messing my laptop keyboard :). It wasn't so obvious hovewer because it messed whole keyboard and dragged my attention away from the numpad. Self-solved anyways.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: