[Solved] Problem compiling kdelibs 3.92.0 - KSpell2 errors
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyberwizzard
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: [Solved] Problem compiling kdelibs 3.92.0 - KSpell2 errors Reply with quote

Old topic title: 'Disabling enable-final on KDE 4 beta 1'

Hi,

I'm running into some compilation problems of kdelibs-3.92.0 which I pulled from SVN. Just like every last attempt to compile it myself I end up stranded with loads of weird errors but I saw this one before: it complains about KSpell2 somewhere and then dies. The last time I had that it was with the KDE overlay and it turned out to be the enable-final flag (which was and still seems to be borked).

So this time I have a hunch whats spoiling my party but I googled my ass off to find a way to shut that flag down when running CMAKE on kdelibs 3.92. I found a flag named somewhat like that in a file called 'CMakeCache.txt': KDE4_ENABLE_FINAL:BOOL=OFF.
At first I thought that must be it, but it still fails at the same point... whats going on? I'm no building system expert so I only have a vague idea of how its supposed to work so I might be looking in the wrong place altogether...

Edit:
I'll dump the last line of the compile here; perhaps somebody can make something out of it which I missed.
Code:
[ 16%] Building CXX object kdeui/CMakeFiles/kdeui.dir/dialogs/kinputdialog.o
/usr/bin/c++   -Dkdeui_EXPORTS   -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -ansi -Wundef -Wcast-align -Wchar-su
bscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -Wformat-security -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common -fvisibi
lity=hidden -g3 -fno-inline -fPIC -I/home/cyberwizzard-dev/kde/build/KDE/kdelibs/kdeui -I/home/cyberwiz
zard-dev/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs/kdeui -I/home/cyberwizzard-dev/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs -I/home/cyberwizzard-de
v/kde/build/KDE/kdelibs -I/home/cyberwizzard-dev/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs/interfaces -I/home/cyberwizzard-de
v/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs/kdefx -I/home/cyberwizzard-dev/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs/interfaces/kregexpeditor -I/ho
me/cyberwizzard-dev/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs/kdecore/sonnet -I/home/cyberwizzard-dev/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs/kjs
 -I/home/cyberwizzard-dev/kde/build/KDE/kdelibs/kjs -I/home/cyberwizzard-dev/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs/kdecor
e -I/home/cyberwizzard-dev/kde/build/KDE/kdelibs/kdecore -I/home/cyberwizzard-dev/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs/k
decore/compression -I/home/cyberwizzard-dev/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs/kdecore/config -I/home/cyberwizzard-dev
/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs/kdecore/date -I/home/cyberwizzard-dev/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs/kdecore/io -I/home/cyber
wizzard-dev/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs/kdecore/jobs -I/home/cyberwizzard-dev/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs/kdecore/kerne
l -I/home/cyberwizzard-dev/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs/kdecore/network -I/home/cyberwizzard-dev/kde/src/KDE/kde
libs/kdecore/services -I/home/cyberwizzard-dev/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs/kdecore/localization -I/home/cyberwi
zzard-dev/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs/kdecore/sycoca -I/home/cyberwizzard-dev/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs/kdecore/text                                                -I/home/cyberwizzard-dev/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs/kdecore/util -I/home/cyberwizzard-dev/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/actions
-I/home/cyberwizzard-dev/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/colors -I/home/cyberwizzard-dev/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/config
-I/home/cyberwizzard-dev/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/dialogs -I/home/cyberwizzard-dev/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/findreplace
-I/home/cyberwizzard-dev/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/fonts -I/home/cyberwizzard-dev/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/icons
-I/home/cyberwizzard-dev/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/itemviews -I/home/cyberwizzard-dev/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/jobs
-I/home/cyberwizzard-dev/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/kernel -I/home/cyberwizzard-dev/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/paged
-I/home/cyberwizzard-dev/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/plotting -I/home/cyberwizzard-dev/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/shortcuts
-I/home/cyberwizzard-dev/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/sonnet -I/home/cyberwizzard-dev/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/util
-I/home/cyberwizzard-dev/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/widgets -I/home/cyberwizzard-dev/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/windowmanagement
-I/home/cyberwizzard-dev/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/xmlgui -I/usr/include/qt4 -I/usr/include/qt4/Qt -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/default -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore
-I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/Qt3Support -I/usr/include/qt4/QtAssistant -I/usr/include/qt4/QtDesigner
-I/usr/include/qt4/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/qt4/QtOpenGL -I/usr/include/qt4/QtSql -I/usr/include/qt4/QtXml
-I/usr/include/qt4/QtSvg -I/usr/include/qt4/QtScript -I/usr/include/qt4/QtUiTools -I/usr/include/qt4/QtTest
-I/usr/include/qt4/QtDBus -I/usr/local/include   -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE
-D_GNU_SOURCE -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_CAST_TO_ASCII -D_REENTRANT -DKDE_DEPRECATED_WARNINGS
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -o kdeui/CMakeFiles/kdeui.dir/dialogs/kinputdialog.o -c /home/cyberwizzard-dev/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/dialogs/kinputdialog.cpp
/home/cyberwizzard-dev/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/widgets/ktextedit.h:94: error: 'KSpell2' has not been declared
/home/cyberwizzard-dev/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/widgets/ktextedit.h:94: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'Highlighter' with no type
/home/cyberwizzard-dev/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/widgets/ktextedit.h:94: error: expected ';' before '*' token
/home/cyberwizzard-dev/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/widgets/ktextedit.h:96: error: 'KSpell2' has not been declared
/home/cyberwizzard-dev/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/widgets/ktextedit.h:96: error: expected ',' or '...' before '*' token
make[2]: *** [kdeui/CMakeFiles/kdeui.dir/dialogs/kinputdialog.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/cyberwizzard-dev/kde/build/KDE/kdelibs'
make[1]: *** [kdeui/CMakeFiles/kdeui.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/cyberwizzard-dev/kde/build/KDE/kdelibs'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Last edited by Cyberwizzard on Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cyberwizzard
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And ofcourse I answer my own question after posting it....

The 3.92.0 tag has an error in the source which has been fixed upstream...
So for other unlucky adventurers: open 'kdelibs/kdeui/widgets/ktextedit.h' and scroll to line 94. Replace 'KSpell2' with 'Sonnet' and do the same for the function at line 96. Simply restart the compile and now it keeps going...

Edit: It now crashed on the matching ccp file which ofcourse uses the wrong (KSpell2) reference as well. But thanks to an API mismatch this is not fixable because the jump from KSpell2 to Sonnet changed multiple things...

Right now I am pulling and compiling one of the latest working revisions according to kde-dashboard:
Code:
svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/KDE/kdelibs --revision=694021

I'll post if this works but as it looks right now, KDE 4 might be tagged beta but its broken as hell...

Edit:
The SVN version is borked - don go near it. Instead pull the 3.92 libs from KDE ftp: those are fixed and working. I had one issue at 71% in kde base but it was an outdated library: https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-4171591.html#4171591

KDE 4 - here I come! :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: