gcc cannot create executables - solaris prefix
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grja
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: gcc cannot create executables - solaris prefix Reply with quote

Ok I tried this various ways now and also can find any info that helps me out here.

After emerge --oneshot --nodeps sys-devel/gcc

the compiler can't create executables anymore because it switches from the compiler of the system (Nexenta gcc-4.03)to 4.2.

When I unset the ld- and cppflags and the set them again I get some addtional mileage - meaning it does compile autoconf and automake but thats it.
After that unsetting the flags doesn't help anymore as it insists using the 4.2 compiler.

It does tell me after it finishes to compile gcc that something is wrong and gcc needs to be recompiled and points to a bugreport for the gcc-3.4 series on AMD64 which didn't seem to make much sense.

Also reminds me to do a source /root/gentoo/etc/profile - tried that;been there didn't make a difference.

I did have to make a symlink from /usr/bin/make to /usr/bin/gmake and also grep didn't compile as pointed out by a post on Nabble.

Edit: forgot to mention that Nexenta is running in Vmware
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: