mythtv ivtvfb, black box and no status box
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matttah
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: mythtv ivtvfb, black box and no status box Reply with quote

So recently my mythtv doesn't anylong display the status box in the upper left corner on my tv when I fastforward, or decide to save my position, anyone know how to fix this? I think it might be related to my other problem with ivtv/ivtv-fb since it seems when I boot up and the driver is mod probed all of the output of my computer goes to my tv until X starts up. Then If i start and paly mythtv in the middle of the screen there is a huge black box, where you can just see a little of the actual show that is playing around the very edges of the tv. If i do a rmmod -f ivtv-fb then modprobe it back in,then the black box is fixed. Also when I've done this if I go to restart my computer it freezes on shutdown.

Drivers:
ivtv-[ebuild R ] media-tv/ivtv-0.10.2 USE="fbcon" 0 kB
mythtv-[ebuild R ] media-tv/mythtv-0.20_p12325 USE="alsa dvd lirc opengl perl vorbis (-altivec) -autostart -backendonly -crciprec -dbox2 -debug -dts -dvb -freebox -frontendonly -hdhomerun -ieee1394 -ivtv -jack -joystick -lcd -mmx -xvmc" VIDEO_CARDS="-i810 -nvidia -via" 0 kB

kernel-2.6.20-gentoo-r8

Just noticed that mythtv maybe I should add ivtv to my use flags?

thanks,
Daum
Truin
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the exact same problem. Did you notice the ewarn during the ivtv build?

Quote:
For 2.6.20.x kernels, this module will *only* work against these versions:
>=sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-2.6.20-r1
>=sys-kernel/vanilla-sources.2.6.20.2

That same warning is in the ebuild for ivtv-0.10.1-r1 and ivtv-0.10.2 so I don't know if it's still true, or if it just didn't get removed from the ebuild, or what. I haven't tried it specifically aginast 2.6.20-gentoo-r1, mostly because I haven't had the time, and my myth box has been in heavy use lately. :) But, it might be worth checking out...
Truin
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: mythtv, ivtv-fb, and a big black box on my TV Reply with quote

Well, I tried specifically building 2.6.20-gentoo-r1, and emerged ivtv-0.10.1-r1 against it, and I still have a big black box. It also happens with ivtv-0.10.2, and 0.10.3. Here's the interesting point - it only happens when viewing mpeg2 content via the frame buffer. I have mythvideo configured to use mplayer and/or xine for playback, and they both look great through the frame-buffer, as does the mythtv main menu.

I also believe I've narrowed it down to the OSD portion of the ivtv-fb.ko module. Mostly, because mplayer/xine work fine, but if I cat an mpeg file to /dev/video16 (without having started mythbackend) I still get the black box.

I've even tried adding the parm "osd_compat=1" for when ivtv-fb loads (per the ivtv-fb readme) and still, big black box in the middle of the screen, can barely see TV image around the borders.

Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone know of a fix?
blusheep
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try to play with "ivtvfbctl" and the local and global alpha settings
that should hide your black box

greetings
blusheep
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: