Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
openoffice vs openoffice-bin (sound & video)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xerxesmc
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: openoffice vs openoffice-bin (sound & video) Reply with quote

hi,
i lately need openoffice Impress for school to make some attractive presentations...however i decided to fill them with sounds(mp3,ogg, doesnt matter) and videosequences, and this is the hard part...
according to this guide i successfully made openoffice-bin able to play videos, but i prefer openoffice from source, feels _much_ faster then the binary.
applying the mentioned tutorial to openoffice (from source) i get only sound playing in both sound- and videofiles but no pictures in the latter :(

i think i could live with it but i wonder if it is possible to make openoffice (from source) run videos and sounds without doing any macro-magic to magical shellscripts for calling mplayer and stuff...

sry for typos and unlogical sentences, im tired :P

any help appreciated, thx in advance

PS: bah, damn, sorry, just realized, that the guide i provided above is in german oO, for those who care, the guide tells to emerge jmf (java media framework) and add plugins to it and then make the jmf libraries available for openoffice, cheers
xerxesmc
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

huch, is this such a rare topic? i expected ppl to scream "this has been discussed" and that they show me some fancy thread about it :|
seems strange, since openoffice works just fine under windows, (just checked in my school)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: