Ebuild syntax highlighting in KDE
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Documentation, Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steveL
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Ebuild syntax highlighting in KDE Reply with quote

Hi all,

Following some discussion about syntax highlighting for ebuilds on the dev m-l, I hacked together a syntax highlighting file for katepart
(as used in kwrite and kate of course ;) based on the BASH one. You can d/l the first version from:

http://phpfi.com/214109
You need to save it in ~/.kde/share/apps/katepart/syntax and try it by opening a .ebuild or .eclass file. You can put it in /usr/share/apps/katepart/syntax if you don't want to edit it.

All it does is add the functions from the reference in the devmanual as a new word list (<list name="ebuild_cmds"> on line 91.) I also put in the inherit keyword.

The only other change is the addition of line 644:
<keyword attribute="Command" context="#stay" String="ebuild_cmds" />
and I added a priority attribute to the language so it will take precedence over BASH highlighting for ebuilds and eclasses.

It'd be good to add functions from other eclasses, maybe in a separate list. ATM the file has bash_completion, eutils, fdo_mime. flag-o-matic,
gnome2, rpm, subversion functions as per the devmanual.

Please do add functions and post changes.

HTH,
steveL.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Documentation, Tips & Tricks All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: