Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Anyone in Norway have an extra 1U-2U server laying around?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Scandinavian
View previous topic :: View next topic  
klieber
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 12:32 am    Post subject: Anyone in Norway have an extra 1U-2U server laying around? Reply with quote

Folks --

I apologize for the English, but I promise you you don't want to try to read my Norwegian. :)

We have a very kind offer to host a server with up to 10Mbit (and possibly 100Mbit) of connectivity for the Gentoo project. The only problem is we don't have any hardware to send him that meet his requirements... All our servers at the moment are traditional tower servers and he needs a 1U or 2U server for space reasons.

If anyone has an extra rack-mountable server that they might be willing to donate/loan out to the Gentoo Linux project, could you please contact me via PM or email? This server would most likely allow us to create a European mirror of www.gentoo.org to offer faster connectivty and redundancy to our users.

Thanks

--kurt
maceto
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 10:37 am    Post subject: .. Reply with quote

asume no glftpd then :P
maceto
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well have an old workstation: Intergraph dual pII 300, scsi=4.5 g and a 9.1 scsi disk- hard to setup since bios do not actually rock.. :roll: but had it running w2k/w2k3 so should work- the system blows your ears away ( 2x 120 mm and 1x80 mm fan going at full speed.

have a 10 mbit line my self but using that for something else.. :P , well let me know then- cause have to talk to my hadware suppliers..( if I can give it away)

maceto
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Scandinavian All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: