Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Stream video in Opera/Firefox-bin on AMD64 (mplayerplug-in)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Documentation, Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joffer
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Stream video in Opera/Firefox-bin on AMD64 (mplayerplug-in) Reply with quote

Update:This mini-HOWTO also work for mozilla-firefox-bin using method in 4a. Should work with 4b, but I haven't tested, and I'm not going to either. Feel free to test and confirm it

Update2:There might be some problems with the plugin.. Not sure if it's related to Opera, mplayerplug-in or anything else. Please read on. Will update this post if I find a fix/solution/reason.

First I'd like to thank forumusers (in no particular order) Aries-Belgium, rwf, Sloden, Ravenlost and Slegge for posts and partial solutions in the forum which helped me finally get Opera to play streaming video from Apple's Trailers etc.

I've got an AMD64 X2 4200+ system with 1GB RAM, running 64bit. I'm also an Opera Browser fan, which means I'm running a 32-bit browser at the moment, since Opera hasn't released a 64bit version yet. Not that it would have helped at the moment, since most plugins are still 32bit. I also have mozilla-firefox (64bit) and mozilla-firefox-bin (32-bit) installed just in case (& because of dependencies).

So, here is a mini-HOWTO on how to get streaming video (and probably audio-only which I haven't tested).

mini-HOWTO

1. We need the gecko-sdk and mplayerplug-in sources. Lets fetch and get them ready:
    1. gecko-sdk:
      Code:
      cd /tmp
      wget http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mozilla/nightly/latest-1.7/gecko-sdk-i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.gz
      cd /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib
      tar zxvf /tmp/gecko-sdk-i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.gz

2. mplayerplug-in:
      Code:
      cd /var/tmp/
      emerge -avf mplayerplug-in
      tar zxvf /usr/portage/distfiles/mplayerplug-in-3.25.tar.gz

2. Now we need to make mplayerplug-in accept Opera. By default it just accept mozilla browsers. Lets change the code:
    Code:
    cd mplayerplug-in/plugingate/
    vi np_entry.cpp

Look up lines 108 and 109 - the ones looking like this:
    Code:
    if(aNPNFuncs->size < sizeof(NPNetscapeFuncs))         
          return NPERR_INVALID_FUNCTABLE_ERROR;

Comment them out like this:
    Code:
    // if(aNPNFuncs->size < sizeof(NPNetscapeFuncs))
    //   return NPERR_INVALID_FUNCTABLE_ERROR;

3. Lets configure and compile mplayerplug-in:
    Code:
    cd ..
    ./configure --enable-x --with-gecko-sdk=/emul/linux/x86/usr/lib/gecko-sdk/ --enable-x86_64 --x-libraries=/emul/linux/x86/usr/lib32/
    make

4. When this is done we need to install the plugins. I like to keep the 32bit plugins in /usr/lib32/nsbrowser/plugins, and not in /opt/netscape/plugins. This is NOT the default Gentoo way, which puts most of its plugins into /opt/netscape/plugins and then symlinks them into /usr/lib/nsbrowser/plugins. This also messes up the system if you ask me, since on AMD64, /usr/lib/ is just a symlink to /usr/lib64... But this is a completly other subject (which I've posted about here).
    1. My method (which includes removing '/opt/netscape/plugins' as plugin location and adding /usr/lib32/nsbrowser/plugins):
      Code:
      cp mplayerplug-in*.{so,xpt} /usr/lib32/nsbrowser/plugins/

OR
    2. The default Gentoo way (I think):
      Code:
      cp mplayerplug-in*.{so,xpt} /opt/netscape/plugins/
      cd /usr/lib32/nsbrowser/plugins/
      ln -s /opt/netscape/plugins/mplayerplug-in*.{so,xpt} .

1. Copy the following into '/etc/mplayerplug-in.conf' if you don't already have the file:
      Code:
      #debug=0
      #vo=xv,x11
      #ao=alsa,esd,arts,oss
      #download=1
      #dload-dir=$HOME/tmp
      #keep-download=0
      #noembed=0
      #cachesize=512
      #use-mimetypes=0
      #enable-ogg=1
      #enable-smil=1
      #enable-helix=1
      #qt-speed=med
      #rtsp-use-tcp=0
      #nomediacache=0
      #framedrop=0
      #autosync=0
      #mc=1
      #black-background=0
      #user-agent=NSPlayer

2. Then change it as you see fit.

5. Thats it. Give it a try. Surf ot http://www.apple.com/trailers/ and try to watch a trailer.
  6. I was able to play the trailers in mozilla-firefox-bin too, using "my method" (4a). The only place where the plugins is installed on my system is in "/usr/lib32/nsbrowser/plugins"
  7. If you want to do some clean-up, you could delete the gecko-sdk source file in /tmp, and delete the /var/tmp/mplayerplug-in folder. The mplayerplug-in source file is stored in /usr/portage/distfiles. If you don't have space issues, it may as well just stay there. If you later do an "emerge -av mplayerplug-in" it would be used and you'll end up with a 64bit version of mplayerplug-in which you in theory should be able to use with 64bit browsers with compatible codecs.

Debug info
Starting Opera with --debugplugins resulted in no errors:
Code:
joffer@armour ~ $ opera --debugplugin &
opera: [plugin probing] /opt/opera/lib/opera/plugins/libnpp.so
opera: [plugin probing] /usr/lib32/nsbrowser/plugins/mplayerplug-in-gmp.so
opera: [plugin probing] /usr/lib32/nsbrowser/plugins/javaplugin.so
opera: [plugin probing] /usr/lib32/nsbrowser/plugins/mplayerplug-in.so
opera: [plugin probing] /usr/lib32/nsbrowser/plugins/mplayerplug-in-qt.so
opera: [plugin probing] /usr/lib32/nsbrowser/plugins/mplayerplug-in-wmp.so
opera: [plugin probing] /usr/lib32/nsbrowser/plugins/nphelix.so
opera: [plugin probing] /usr/lib32/nsbrowser/plugins/libflashplayer.so
opera: [plugin probing] /usr/lib32/nsbrowser/plugins/mplayerplug-in-rm.so
opera: [plugin path   ] #001: /opt/opera/lib/opera/plugins
opera: [plugin path   ] #002: /usr/lib32/nsbrowser/plugins
opera: Search operamotifwrapper: [No] /opt/opera/lib/opera/plugins/operamotifwrapper
opera: Search operamotifwrapper: [No] /opt/opera/lib/opera/plugins/operamotifwrapper-1
opera: Search operamotifwrapper: [No] /opt/opera/lib/opera/plugins/operamotifwrapper-2
opera: Search operamotifwrapper: [Ok] /opt/opera/lib/opera/plugins/operamotifwrapper-3

Changelog:
20060417 - Update2: Added a notice about there being some problems and stuff posted below. Also a bit more info on the clean-up part
20060417 - Update: Added info on /etc/mplayerplug-in.conf. Added info about method also working for mozilla-firefox-bin
20060417 - Initial version

As of April 2006 - Athlon64 X2 4200+ 1GB RAM - amd64-2006.0 profiled system with portage 2.1_preX, ck-sources-2.6.16, glibc-2.4-r1 (overlay w/-Bdirect&-hashvals), binutils-2.16.91.0.6 (overlay), gcc-4.1, Xorg 7

Last edited by Joffer on Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
JoKo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the HOWTO, it's very helpful indeed... I have just one question: which mplayer package should I emerge, mplayer or mplayer-bin?

Does mplayer work with win32codecs or I should only use mplayer-bin?

Update: Either way, I get Segmentation fault:

Code:
joko@optimus ~ $ opera -debugplugin
opera: [plugin probing] /opt/opera/lib/opera/plugins/libnpp.so
opera: [plugin probing] /usr/lib32/nsbrowser/plugins/libflashplayer.so
opera: [plugin probing] /usr/lib32/nsbrowser/plugins/mplayerplug-in-gmp.so
opera: [plugin probing] /usr/lib32/nsbrowser/plugins/mplayerplug-in-qt.so
opera: [plugin probing] /usr/lib32/nsbrowser/plugins/mplayerplug-in-wmp.so
opera: [plugin probing] /usr/lib32/nsbrowser/plugins/mplayerplug-in.so
opera: [plugin path   ] #001: /opt/opera/lib/opera/plugins
opera: [plugin path   ] #002: /usr/lib32/nsbrowser/plugins
opera: Search operamotifwrapper: [No] /opt/opera/lib/opera/plugins/operamotifwrapper
opera: Search operamotifwrapper: [No] /opt/opera/lib/opera/plugins/operamotifwrapper-1
opera: Search operamotifwrapper: [No] /opt/opera/lib/opera/plugins/operamotifwrapper-2
opera: Search operamotifwrapper: [Ok] /opt/opera/lib/opera/plugins/operamotifwrapper-3
/opt/opera/lib/opera/plugins/operamotifwrapper-1: error while loading shared libraries: libXm.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/opt/opera/lib/opera/plugins/operamotifwrapper-2: error while loading shared libraries: libXm.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
ADDED URL: the_simpsons_movie-tsr_h320.mov
code: 48
 speed 2800
ADDED URL: the_simpsons_movie-tsr_h480.mov
code: 48
 speed 25600
Segmentation fault
rwf
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The seg-fault has already been bug reported.

Bug report

If you want to add further information to the bug report, just e-mail it to

bug-203378 at bugs dot opera dot com
Joffer
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoKo wrote:
Thanks for the HOWTO, it's very helpful indeed... I have just one question: which mplayer package should I emerge, mplayer or mplayer-bin?

Mplayer-bin
As of April 2006 - Athlon64 X2 4200+ 1GB RAM - amd64-2006.0 profiled system with portage 2.1_preX, ck-sources-2.6.16, glibc-2.4-r1 (overlay w/-Bdirect&-hashvals), binutils-2.16.91.0.6 (overlay), gcc-4.1, Xorg 7
JoKo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rwf wrote:
The seg-fault has already been bug reported.

Bug report

If you want to add further information to the bug report, just e-mail it to

bug-203378 at bugs dot opera dot com

This seg-fault report refers to the new, beta Opera 9 and I'm using Opera 8.52...

And apart from that, I'm not so sure that Opera is the problem... Mozilla-firefox-bin doesn't hang like Opera, but neither it plays the video stream (it hangs at 99%)...
Joffer
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. I checked out the bug report, and went to the simpsons teaser/trailer, and my Opera just borked and crashed as well on that trailer:
Code:
opera[8188]: segfault at 0000000000000008 rip 00000000f660ab14 rsp 00000000ffffa3f8 error 4
operamotifwrapp[24163]: segfault at 0000000000000000 rip 00000000f7b98c21 rsp 00000000f78c64b0 error 4

Is it just The Simpsons trailer? I don't get any problems with other trailers on apple.com. Check this one, it played just fine: http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/ice_age_2/small.html

Hmm.. Looks like there are a few other issues too. I tried to watch NASA WebTV which uses the rm/ram format from Real (http://www.nasa.gov) and in Opera I get the audio, but no video (just a black square). If I open it directly in Real Player i get audio and video (http://www.nasa.gov/ram/35037main_portal.ram).

I also tried a few other sites with streaming content (trailer links from movies on imdb in wmv/ram format) and had a lot of sound coming through but no video.

Here are some of the errors I got using debug=1 in mplayerplug-in.conf:
Code:
Build Playlist error opening file 2 : No such file or directory
Build Playlist error opening file 2 : No such file or directory
motifwrapper: X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
motifwrapper: X Error: serial=0x3451, request=0x2, request_minor=0x0, resource=0x280005a
motifwrapper: X Error: serial=0x3458, request=0x4, request_minor=0x0, resource=0x280005a
motifwrapper: X Error: serial=0x345d, request=0x4, request_minor=0x0, resource=0x2800059
motifwrapper: X Error: serial=0x34b8, request=0x2, request_minor=0x0, resource=0x2800066
motifwrapper: X Error: serial=0x34bf, request=0x4, request_minor=0x0, resource=0x2800066
motifwrapper: X Error: serial=0x34c4, request=0x4, request_minor=0x0, resource=0x2800065
motifwrapper: X Error: serial=0x3519, request=0x2, request_minor=0x0, resource=0x2800072
motifwrapper: X Error: serial=0x3520, request=0x4, request_minor=0x0, resource=0x2800072
motifwrapper: X Error: serial=0x3525, request=0x4, request_minor=0x0, resource=0x2800071
Calling realplay
playeripc: Got command Version 1
playeripc: Got command Embed name='RealPlayer' id='RealPlayer' type='audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin' width='1' height='1' controls='HomeCtrl'

** (realplay.bin:24801): WARNING **: Ignoring unknown attribute id
playeripc: Got command Browser 0 'Mozilla/4.78 (X11; Linux x86_64; U; en) Opera 8.52' 0 0
playeripc: Got command SetXID 0 48234518 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 1
playeripc: Got command UnsetWindow 0
All consoles have been closed

I'm having the same audio/non-video problems in mozilla-firefox-bin.. That said, most .mov movies (QuickTime) works fine inside Opera. Only problem I've encountered yet is the reported Simpson Trailer that completly crashed my Opera.

Also, all the Video links under http://fredrik.hubbe.net/plugger/test.html worked just fine.
rwf
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of comments.

1. Re: the Simpson trailer. I don't care whose fault it is -- no program should seg-fault. Opera should fix their bug.

2. Let Opera just find the mplayeplug-in.so file and set the mplayerplug-in.conf to not advertise the realplayer file types.
Code:

cat ~/.mplayer/mplayerplug-in.conf
#debug=1
vo=xv,x11
ao=alsa,oss
#download=1
#dload-dir=$HOME/tmp
#keep-download=0
noembed=1
#cachesize=512
#use-mimetypes=0
#enable-ogg=1
enable-smil=0
enable-helix=0
#qt-speed=med
#rtsp-use-tcp=0
#nomediacache=0
#framedrop=0
#autosync=0
#mc=1
#black-background=0
#user-agent=NSPlayer

3. I my case I point opera to ONLY the mplayerplug-in-qt.so and mplayerplug-in-wmp.so files, these plugin's do not advertise support for realplayer.

Some video's might not play -- but an Opera seg-fault is unacceptable.

Edit: You should problably upgrade to 8.54 -- I think it fixes some security issues in Opera. Opps -- 8.54 isn't in portage! Duh.
Joffer
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rwf:
With 2), do you mean I should remove the mplayerplug-in-rm.{so,xpt} files from the plugin folder? Setting enable-helix=0 doesn't stop Opera from loading the plugin I think:
Code:

As your 'edit' says.. I'm one of those waiting for opera 8.54 to hit portage 8O

I had enable-helix=1. Changed it to 0. My active mplayerplug-in.conf:
Code:
vo=xv,x11
ao=alsa
dload-dir=$HOME/tmp
cachesize=512
enable-ogg=1
enable-smil=0
enable-helix=0

3) How do you play rm/ram files? Open RealPlayer manually? Automatically? You don't?

---

What I thought was .ram files on nasa webtv looks to be windows media? At least from the output when I start Opera in debug (=10) mode.. Can you (rwf) watch the nasa webtv?
rwf
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Screw the .xpt file -- only used by firefox{mozilla}. Opera only wants the .so file.

2. When I installed realplayer it came w/ a .mime file. I assigned all file{mime} types to open with realplay and pass web address to realplay. That means .smil, ra, ram, rm, etce, etc...

3. The nphelix.so is assigned to audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin

Code:

~% locate realplay.mime
/opt/RealPlayer/share/realplay.mime

4. I only really want mplayerplug-in for the wmp and qt file types.

5. After making changes i.e. assigning a different handler for a file type -- I normally exit Opera and re-start it.

Edit: A picture is worth a thousand words.
Code:

~% grep ram ~/.opera/opera6.ini
application/x-framemaker=,0
application/x-msdos-program=,0
Frame=0
Force Image Frame=0
IFrames=1
Frames Show Active=1
File_types_treeview=""swf", "text", "pdf", "application/pdf", "mov", "rpm", "video/qu", "ogg", "audio/wav", "ram""
ExtAppParamSpaceSubst=0
application/x-framemaker=0,,,,mif,|
application/x-msdos-program=0,,,,exe,bat,pif,com,scr,|
audio/x-pn-realaudio=7,realplay,/home/me/.opera/plugins/mozplugger.so,MozPlugger 1.7.3 handles QuickTime Windows Media Player Plugin,ram,rmm,|Realaudio-plugin resource locator
~%

What is important is the line audio/x-pn-realaudio=7,realplay
Joffer
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rwf wrote:
1. Screw the .xpt file -- only used by firefox{mozilla}. Opera only wants the .so file.

Well, thats probably why it worked in mozilla-firefox-bin then :wink: I'll keep them there for firefox.
rwf wrote:

2. When I installed realplayer it came w/ a .mime file. I assigned all file{mime} types to open with realplay and pass web address to realplay. That means .smil, ra, ram, rm, etce, etc...
It's getting late and I'm not probably thinking straight.. Did u make direct use of the mime file or did you make an entry for each extention in the Preference window (under downloads)?
rwf wrote:

3. The nphelix.so is assigned to audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin

Code:

~% locate realplay.mime
/opt/RealPlayer/share/realplay.mime

This file I have...
rwf wrote:

4. I only really want mplayerplug-in for the wmp and qt file types.

5. After making changes i.e. assigning a different handler for a file type -- I normally exit Opera and re-start it.

:)

rwf wrote:

Edit: A picture is worth a thousand words.
Code:

~% grep ram ~/.opera/opera6.ini
application/x-framemaker=,0
application/x-msdos-program=,0
Frame=0
Force Image Frame=0
IFrames=1
Frames Show Active=1
File_types_treeview=""swf", "text", "pdf", "application/pdf", "mov", "rpm", "video/qu", "ogg", "audio/wav", "ram""
ExtAppParamSpaceSubst=0
application/x-framemaker=0,,,,mif,|
application/x-msdos-program=0,,,,exe,bat,pif,com,scr,|
audio/x-pn-realaudio=7,realplay,/home/me/.opera/plugins/mozplugger.so,MozPlugger 1.7.3 handles QuickTime Windows Media Player Plugin,ram,rmm,|Realaudio-plugin resource locator
~%

What is important is the line audio/x-pn-realaudio=7,realplay

I'll check it out.. probably tomorrow.. getting late here.. a bit tired.. thanks so far.
rwf
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joffer wrote:
It's getting late and I'm not probably thinking straight.. Did u make direct use of the mime file or did you make an entry for each extention in the Preference window (under downloads)?

I made an entry for each mime type in Opera via the Download option. Nothing automatic about it.
Joffer
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rwf wrote:
Joffer wrote:

I made an entry for each mime type in Opera via the Download option. Nothing automatic about it.

I went through the realplay.mime file and choose most of the direct real{audio,video} stuff and added the mime and fileextension to opera. Clicking on a real media in opera starts the RealPlayer :)
RAIH
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: Stream video in Opera/Firefox-bin on AMD64 (mplayerplug- Reply with quote

Joffer wrote:

[*]mplayerplug-in:
Code:
cd /var/tmp/
emerge -avf mplayerplug-in
tar zxvf /usr/portage/distfiles/mplayerplug-in-3.25.tar.gz

When I want to emerge mplayerplug.........................It want to download www.cient/mozilla .................I have a firefox why It want to install mozilla ???
Requisition
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no /emu/ directory. How would I create one?
Joffer
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Requisition wrote:
I have no /emu/ directory. How would I create one?

Are you on an amd64 profile/system? If you are using x86 you should just use the portage mplayerplug-in package.
jurrie
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, I really want this to work, but the plugins won't load for me:
Code:
opera: [plugin failed ] /usr/lib32/nsbrowser/plugins/mplayerplug-in.so, libnspr4.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

It gives me that for all mplayerplug-in files :/ Any ideas? Copying some random libnspr4.so from a 32-bit package didn't help ^^;;

(tried it on 8.54 and a 9.00 beta)

*edit*
Okay, solved. The libnspr4.so and libplds4.so I was missing were found in the gecko-sdk lib folder. I copied them to /lib32 and did an ldconfig and now it works perfectly. Thanks! ^_^
no4b
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question (opera):

Does mplayer-plugin use mplayer-bin or mplayer in your method? I've installed mplayer-plugin in different way (little simpler I think) with Opera 9 but I can't see video in wmv (which is pretty obvious).
kanttu
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to show you another solutions for this issue. It isn't that "gentooish" but atleast it's quite easy and works :)

1) I downloaded Fedora's mplayerplug-in binary i386 from http://mplayerplug-in.sourceforge.net/download.php
2) I converted mplayerplug-in-3.25-fc5.i386.rpm to tarball with rpm2targz
3) I extracted that tarball into some local folder
4) I copied *.so and *.xpt from that folder to /opt/netscape/plugins/
5) I symlinked those files to /usr/lib32/nsbrowser/plugins/

That's it! If you're using Firefox 1.5 you don't even need to restart it, all works instantly :)

Of course you need to have mplayer-bin symlinked to mplayer
axlotl
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arg, I was getting that libpangocairo problem with mplayerplug-in-3.25 from http://sh.nu/download/ebuilds/mplayer/ (from this HOWTO's originating thread, among other places) so I decided to give the method here (the one at the top) a try in case the 3.21 from portage wasn't linked to libpangocairo, but it bails in the make:
Code:

[...]
lib/mozilla/include/xpcom -I/usr/lib/mozilla/include/string -I/usr/lib/mozilla/include/nspr   -I/usr/lib/mozilla/include -Iinclude -fPIC    -DX_ENABLED -melf_i386  -L/emul/linux/x86/usr/lib32/  -lX11   -lSM -lICE -lXext -lX11 -lXpm -lXt -L/usr/lib/mozilla -lxpcom -lplds4 -lplc4 -lnspr4 -lpthread -ldl   
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.4/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/mozilla/libxpcom.so when searching for -lxpcom
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.4/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lxpcom
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [mplayerplug-in] Error 1
axlotl $

I'm partying like it's 1999 here, chasing down obscure build dependencies. Any ideas?

(I also tried the suggestion immediately above with the rpms but still got the libpangocairo failed dependency).

*** edit ***
A post in that earlier thread finally resolved this in concert with the plugin at http://sh.nu/download/ebuilds/mplayer/ . Here's that comment for reference:
kingmanowar wrote:
Hello

I have just tried to emerge the latest mplayer-bin (1.0_pre8) today and I had the same problem with the pangocairo libs. I finally understood what was the issue and found a fix for it. The 32 bits version of cairo libs are only included in version 2.8.8 of the emul-linux-x86-gtklibs package. However it is masked with ~amd64. Unmask it in package.keywords and emerge it and it should work. You will probably have to unmask and re-emerge some other emul-linux-* packages too because of some dependences.
I guess the ebuild for mplayerplug-in from http://sh.nu/download/ebuilds/mplayer/ should work the same now.

Eric

This works beautifully.
nutznboltz
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the trick is to use

http://sh.nu/download/ebuilds/mplayer/mplayerplug-in-bin-portdir-20060419.tar.bz2

and

http://sh.nu/download/ebuilds/mplayer/mplayerplug-in-bin-3.25.tbz2

and ignore all the blather at the top of this page:

http://sh.nu/download/ebuilds/mplayer/
Emopig
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also a good idea for AMD64 Opera users to extract "mplayer-bin.patch" from Primer's mplayerplug-in-bin archive and applied it manually just before I followed step 2 of Joffer's method so you get win32codec goodness.

I know have Flash and mplayer plugins working in Firefox 32bit, Firefox 64bit and Opera 9 :twisted: All of them use mplayer-bin so I don't have to worry about unsupported codecs. I'm thinking of ditching Firefox 64 though because it's flakey as hell.

Thanks for all your hard work guys (and to Opera for making such a cool browser and for fixing those bugs) :wink: Opera users everywhere owe you one.
flclncc
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tried the above and got:
Code:

# ldd /opt/netscape/plugins/mplayerplug-in-qt.so
        linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0xffffe000)
        libX11.so.6 => /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib/libX11.so.6 (0xf7e95000)
        libSM.so.6 => /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib/libSM.so.6 (0xf7e8c000)
        libICE.so.6 => /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib/libICE.so.6 (0xf7e74000)
        libXext.so.6 => /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib/libXext.so.6 (0xf7e66000)
        libXpm.so.4 => /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib/libXpm.so.4 (0xf7e56000)
        libXt.so.6 => /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib/libXt.so.6 (0xf7e04000)
*       libxpcom.so => not found
*       libplds4.so => not found
*       libplc4.so => not found
*       libnspr4.so => not found
        libpthread.so.0 => /lib32/libpthread.so.0 (0xf7df1000)
        libdl.so.2 => /lib32/libdl.so.2 (0xf7dec000)
        libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0 => /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0 (0xf7afe000)
        libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0 => /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0 (0xf7a7f000)
        libatk-1.0.so.0 => /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib/libatk-1.0.so.0 (0xf7a65000)
        libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0 => /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0 (0xf7a50000)
        libpangocairo-1.0.so.0 => /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib/libpangocairo-1.0.so.0 (0xf7a48000)
        libpango-1.0.so.0 => /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib/libpango-1.0.so.0 (0xf7a11000)
        libcairo.so.2 => /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib/libcairo.so.2 (0xf79c9000)
        libgobject-2.0.so.0 => /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib/libgobject-2.0.so.0 (0xf7991000)
        libgmodule-2.0.so.0 => /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib/libgmodule-2.0.so.0 (0xf798e000)
        libglib-2.0.so.0 => /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0 (0xf790c000)
        libgthread-2.0.so.0 => /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib/libgthread-2.0.so.0 (0xf7907000)
        libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.1/32/libstdc++.so.6 (0xf7828000)
        libm.so.6 => /lib32/libm.so.6 (0xf7803000)
        libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib32/libgcc_s.so.1 (0xf77f9000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib32/libc.so.6 (0xf76c6000)
        libXau.so.6 => /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib/libXau.so.6 (0xf76c3000)
        libXdmcp.so.6 => /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib/libXdmcp.so.6 (0xf76bd000)
        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x56555000)
        libfontconfig.so.1 => /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1 (0xf768f000)
        libXinerama.so.1 => /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib/libXinerama.so.1 (0xf768c000)
        libXi.so.6 => /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib/libXi.so.6 (0xf7684000)
        libXrandr.so.2 => /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib/libXrandr.so.2 (0xf7680000)
        libXcursor.so.1 => /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib/libXcursor.so.1 (0xf7676000)
        libXfixes.so.3 => /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib/libXfixes.so.3 (0xf7671000)
        libpangoft2-1.0.so.0 => /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib/libpangoft2-1.0.so.0 (0xf764c000)
        libfreetype.so.6 => /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6 (0xf75dc000)
        libz.so.1 => /emul/linux/x86/lib/libz.so.1 (0xf75cb000)
        libXrender.so.1 => /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib/libXrender.so.1 (0xf75c1000)
        libpng12.so.0 => /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib/libpng12.so.0 (0xf759e000)
        libexpat.so.0 => /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib/libexpat.so.0 (0xf757f000)

* Those libs that are missing can be found on gecko-sdk, where can I find 32 bits version of them?
Emopig
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flclncc wrote:
* Those libs that are missing can be found on gecko-sdk, where can I find 32 bits version of them?

The mozilla-firefox-bin package in portage does contain 32-bit versions of those files, they will be emerged into /opt/firefox and then you can add symlinks int /usr/lib32 to resolve the issue. I don't know why Mozilla don't place their libraries in the appropriate directories, I guess it makes the binary package more suited to USB thumbsticks and such.

Code:
/usr/lib32 $ ls -l | grep '/opt/firefox'
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      24 Jul 11 20:06 libnspr4.so -> /opt/firefox/libnspr4 .so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      23 Jul 11 20:04 libplc4.so -> /opt/firefox/libplc4.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      24 Jul 11 20:03 libplds4.so -> /opt/firefox/libplds4.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      24 Jul 11 20:01 libxpcom.so -> /opt/firefox/libxpcom.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      29 Jul 11 20:07 libxpcom_core.so -> /opt/firefox/lib xpcom_core.so

Unless anyone knows a cleaner way?
flclncc
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emopig wrote:
flclncc wrote:

The mozilla-firefox-bin package in portage does contain 32-bit versions of those files, they will be emerged into /opt/firefox and then you can add symlinks int /usr/lib32 to resolve the issue. I don't know why Mozilla don't place their libraries in the appropriate directories, I guess it makes the binary package more suited to USB thumbsticks and such.

Code:
/usr/lib32 $ ls -l | grep '/opt/firefox'
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      24 Jul 11 20:06 libnspr4.so -> /opt/firefox/libnspr4 .so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      23 Jul 11 20:04 libplc4.so -> /opt/firefox/libplc4.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      24 Jul 11 20:03 libplds4.so -> /opt/firefox/libplds4.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      24 Jul 11 20:01 libxpcom.so -> /opt/firefox/libxpcom.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      29 Jul 11 20:07 libxpcom_core.so -> /opt/firefox/lib xpcom_core.so

Unless anyone knows a cleaner way?

Yes, I did that. Now opera detects the plugins fine, but when I try to use them ( at http://www.flightlevel350.com/ ). I get this:
Code:

(process:17207): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: gtype.c:2254: initialization assertion failed, use IA__g_type_init() prior to this function

(process:17207): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: gtype.c:2254: initialization assertion failed, use IA__g_type_init() prior to this function

(process:17207): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_type_add_interface_static: assertion `G_TYPE_IS_INSTANTIATABLE (instance_type)' failed

(process:17207): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_new: assertion `G_TYPE_IS_OBJECT (object_type)' failed

(process:17207): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_xid_table_lookup_for_display: assertion `GDK_IS_DISPLAY (display)' failed
opera: Plug-in 17207 is not responding. It will be closed.
opera: Define environment variable OPERA_KEEP_BLOCKED_PLUGIN to keep blocked plug-ins.
Animatrix
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helllo,

I try to use mplayerplug-in, but it I have a problem, because :

libpangocairo-1.0.so.0 => not found
libcairo.so.2 => not found

What can I do ?
I have tried, to add them in /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib/, but the problem is always here... :(
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Documentation, Tips & Tricks All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: