Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Mozilla Menus gone, can't get them back.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Ust
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 10:39 pm    Post subject: Mozilla Menus gone, can't get them back. Reply with quote

I was attempting to install Gestures from the Optimoz project on mozdev.org

Now whenever Mozilla starts up, I don't have a menu. The whole bar that used to say File, Edit, View, etc.. is just blank.

I did an rm -rf on ~/.mozilla

And then I did an emerge, recompiling the thing from scratch, but the problem persists. Does anyone have any advice?
therobot
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That happened to me, and i never did figure out how to get them back... I even made a new user, and they were missing on that one too. I ended up just reinstalling though, because of other problems i had.
yagami
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 12:20 pm    Post subject: mozilla menu Reply with quote

well , the same happened to me when i installed deskmod toolbar

a chmod o+r /usr/lib/mozilla -R fixed it

it seems that the installation of gestures created something in the chrome/ subdir , that a normal user cant read
grandpajive
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 12:45 pm    Post subject: re: mouse gestures Reply with quote

I had that happen too.

#1... its gotta be installed by root. For some reason, the author doesn't use the plugins in the .mozilla directory.

#2... the permissions for those files are set at root. As in, only root can read em.

To fix that, go to /usr/lib/mozilla/chrome.... and look for anything thats readable only by root. All users should be able to read in that dir... so a chmod ga+r * -R should recursively make everything readable. Check beforehand tho ;) just to be on the safe side.

After that, the gestures should show up. I recommend using the right mouse button instead of the left one.. has a habit of copying a lot of data into the clipboard ;)

enjoy!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: