Lirc and Winfast2000Xp
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tidalwave
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 2:24 pm    Post subject: Lirc and Winfast2000Xp Reply with quote

Hey guys,

Well i got the tv tuner workin, finally i can watch tv under linux w/o crashing it. this is like a huge step forward but why stop here, now im trying to get the Lirc working too, so i can get lazy under linux and just zap from my chair.

thing is everywhere i read (lirc.org or gentoo forums or g4l), i get stuck at point of configurating the remote.

how do i let linux know where to find the remote and which module he needs for it. So far i used lirc_gpio and he does seem to register something but its not working, if anybody got tips for me that would be helpfull. links to more clear guides would rock too, finding out yourself is better then just copying it.

greetings

Tidalwave
CrimsonScythe
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tidalwave, I spent a lot of time making the tv-card and remote working. (I have the same as you.) This will hopefully help you.

Put these in /etc/modules.autoload
Code:
bttv card=34 tuner=2 radio=1
lirc_gpio

Also, compile this into the kernel:
Code:
Character devices -> I2C support -> I2C support
Character devices -> I2C support -> I2C bit-banging interfaces
Character devices -> I2C support -> I2C device interface
Character devices -> I2C support -> I2C /proc interface

I could not make any of the "premade" lircd.conf files work with my remote, and had to record it with
Code:
irrecord --device=/dev/lirc/0 /etc/lircd.conf

Then change the /etc/init.d/lircd file so that the lines saying start-stop-something says:
Code:
start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --exec /usr/sbin/lircd -- --device=/dev/lirc/0

Then, you create your ~/.lircrc file (loads of examples on the web), start /etc/init.d/lircd, and run "irexec" and "irxevent". (You could put those last two in /etc/conf.d/local.start to make your life easier ;) )

I think that's all I did to make lirc work. If I forgot something, then sorry. Anyway, good luck :)

-- Thomas
ehudokai
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 7:16 am    Post subject: I have one of these too.... a WinfastTV 2000XP that is Reply with quote

And I am running into problems when I try to use the irrecord... I used the same command you posted, but it returns a
Code:
irrecord: gap not found, can´t continue

and quits... I found a lircd.conf file, but haven't found a .lircrc file yet so... I'm going to press on and hope that the lircd.conf file I found works.

any ideas?

ehudokai
CrimsonScythe
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did it return that error message right away or after a while? You have to follow the instructions that irrecord gives you. If I recall correctly, I had to sit and frantically click a button for a minute or two before it went on to the next step. (It needs to figure out how your remote does the actual transmission, and how each transmission is started and ended.)

-- Thomas
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: