Bluetooth protocol
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beju
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Bluetooth protocol Reply with quote

I've emerged gnome-bluetooth and I can't lauch gnome-bluetooth-manager because it says:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/gnomebt/manager.py", line 274, in ?
    BTManager ().main ()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/gnomebt/manager.py", line 85, in __init__
    if not self.btctl.is_initialised():
gobject.GError: Can't get device id of hci0

running hcitool scan gives me:
Code:
Device is not available: Address family not supported by protocol

I assume this is about the ipv6 protocol, which I've set disabled by default in my make.conf. The question is: what do I have to reemerge to get ipv6 support for Bluetooth (or - if my guess was wrong - what to do next?:)
Antek Grzymala
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Bluetooth protocol Reply with quote

Beju wrote:
running hcitool scan gives me:
Code:
Device is not available: Address family not supported by protocol

I assume this is about the ipv6 protocol, which I've set disabled by default in my make.conf. The question is: what do I have to reemerge to get ipv6 support for Bluetooth (or - if my guess was wrong - what to do next?:)

Looks like your bluetooth dongle isn't supported by your system (it could be just that the modules are not loaded, services not started, or both). There's a convenience /etc/init.d/bluetooth script, that starts various things for you.
Beju
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that was the point :) I've got it working now, but I've no luck using gnome-bluetooth-manager :( I've got exactly the same problem as described in http://gentoo-wiki.com/Talk:HOWTO_mobile_phone,_Bluetooth_and_GNOME#gnome-bluetooth_not_working_w.2F_gnome-2.10.3F

I can't send anything to phone or from phone. And I'm not going back to GNOME 2.10 :) Has someone got it to work in v. 2.14?
Antek Grzymala
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beju wrote:
I can't send anything to phone or from phone. And I'm not going back to GNOME 2.10 :) Has someone got it to work in v. 2.14?

I understand it may not be a comfortable solution for you, but I'm using obexftp and sobexsrv to get things to and from my phone. It's perfect for my needs (minimalistic X environment, xterminal work). I never got gnome-bt working correctly, had better success with kdebluetooth, but right now i'm using neither KDE nor Gnome.

[a]
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: