Neverwinter Nights?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FINITE
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 11:29 pm    Post subject: Neverwinter Nights? Reply with quote

Whats the deal with this game? Is it going to be one box with versions for MS, MAC, and Linux?
rphillips
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the windows version was boxed, then linux users could download binaries... Those are the rumors I've heard.
Attitude
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I got, You have to use the windows version and get a username and password then you can dl the linux version from the web site. But there maybe someone that knows more then me.
Utoxin
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone besides me VERY excited about this game? I've been waiting for it for almost a year.
FINITE
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am excited about it but if what Attitude is saying is correct that blows. Hopefully we will be able to just pay to download the Linux version as an iso or whatever. Having to have the window version BLOWS.
Utoxin
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's par for the course for linux ports of games, actually. And I don't mind. They'll know I'm running linux, so it will help them want to make more linux ports in the future.
ASCI Blue
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of a couple days ago here's the deal as is said on Bioware's board.

There is no boxed linux version, it won't be in with the Win version. One will NEED the Win version anyway, we're speculating a linux installer like Q3/UT have.

We don't know when such an installer may be released if ever, no one from Bioware is commenting on it aside to say "We're sorry we screwed up."

Mac version is being delayed either weeks or months but they've got a publisher and they're getting the toolkit too.

Hope this helps, for more information go to www.bioware.com and wade through the message boards.
neuron
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if there is a native linux version it won't take long for people to find a way to install it :)

and they are not the first to release a linux version that needs the windows cd (or specificaly the data file from the windows cd).
Cmere
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FINITE wrote:
I am excited about it but if what Attitude is saying is correct that blows. Hopefully we will be able to just pay to download the Linux version as an iso or whatever. Having to have the window version BLOWS.

Actually, I think we should all thank Bioware for making one of the MOST anticiptated games out there available to play on the platform we choose, whether it's Linux, Mac, or Windows. When they first announced NWN, they were even planning a BeOS port. Any success of alternate OS versions, however they get installed, sends a message that it's economically feasible to do the same is great. Instead of complaining, you should get everyone you know, whether they run Linux or not, to sign up and download the Linux binaries.

After LOKI, I would think that this is the only way we can hope to play on the platform of our choice.
Attitude
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cmere wrote:

Any success of alternate OS versions, however they get installed, sends a message that it's economically feasible to do the same is great. Instead of complaining, you should get everyone you know, whether they run Linux or not, to sign up and download the Linux binaries.

After LOKI, I would think that this is the only way we can hope to play on the platform of our choice.

You are so right on. I bought every game that came to my loacal store from loki weather I liked it or not. We should all get behind NWN on linux and tell bioware thank you.
ASCI Blue
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 5:16 am    Post subject: Good news from the front Reply with quote

Quote:

Derek French
Assistant Producer

Posted: Saturday, 15 June 09:02PM
No, it has not been dropped. We have said that many times. You will be able to download the Linux version from the Community Site.

http://www.neverwinternights.com/

From a Bioware employee himself. Enjoy :)
Zu`
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attitude wrote:
Cmere wrote:

Any success of alternate OS versions, however they get installed, sends a message that it's economically feasible to do the same is great. Instead of complaining, you should get everyone you know, whether they run Linux or not, to sign up and download the Linux binaries.

You are so right on. I bought every game that came to my loacal store from loki weather I liked it or not. We should all get behind NWN on linux and tell bioware thank you.

Yes, you are right. That is the right Attitude ;)
We should thank em for the efforts they do towards linux gamers.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: