csm help: Mouse button 1 doesn't work
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silverpig
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: csm help: Mouse button 1 doesn't work Reply with quote

I have a laptop and have been using Xorg with xfce and Xgl with compiz/gconf for a while now. My mouse button 1 has always worked fine. I just recently upgraded to the newest compiz-quinnstorm with csm and cgwd and have everything working great with one exception: My mouse button 1 does not work as it is supposed to. It basically does nothing right now. It will however work perfectly if I hold down either <ctrl> or <alt> or <shift> constantly. Of course I would really rather not to have to hold down <ctrl> while using my mouse, so hopefully someone can help me out.

I've gone into csm to try to fix this and the only place I can see button 1 referenced is in the move-window plugin. I click on Action Bindings and see that under the only category "Initiate Window Move" I have an entry under "Key" for F7 with the Alt box checked, and under "Mouse Button" there are no boxes checked and the entry is "1" for mouse button 1. I have tried to disable this, to select a combination of buttons, etc, but nothing changes. However, I think this is set correctly, it's just that for some reason the entire system is now not recognizing the 1st mouse button unless <ctrl> or the like is pressed with it. All other mouse buttons work fine though.

Any ideas where I can change this?

Code:
[root]:/home/silverpig# emerge -pv xgl compiz-quinnstorm cgwd csm

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild   R   ] x11-base/xgl-0.0.1_pre20060823  USE="ipv6 -debug -xinerama" 0 kB [2]
[ebuild   R   ] x11-wm/compiz-quinnstorm-0.0.13.48.1  USE="gnome svg -debug" 0 kB [2]
[ebuild   R   ] x11-wm/cgwd-0.68  USE="-debug" 0 kB [2]
[ebuild   R   ] x11-misc/csm-0.9  0 kB [2]

Total size of downloads: 0 kB
Portage overlays:
 [1] /usr/local/portage/xgl-coffee
 [2] /usr/portage/local/layman/portage-xgl

more info:

Okay, so it's not totally useless. It works fine to rotate the cube (via ctrl alt mb1), but again, that's only because ctrl and/or alt are pressed... the only thing I can get mouse button 1 to do is to bring focus to a window...
mystos
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got xgl fully working on my laptop and I currently have this problem.
I suspected a synaptics issue, but apparently no.

I looked some more and found the problem to be the Screenshot plugin. It maps mouse button one to initiate a rectangle and
then captures a screen shot. I disabled it and this problem went away. I tried to change the modifier keys from super
to meta, thinking that my laptop did not have a super key, but this didn't work. It appears to me that the modifier keys
are being ignored.

I'd mark this post [SOLVED]
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: