Is the GUI Installer any Better?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
murph1083
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Is the GUI Installer any Better? Reply with quote

I noticed on the live CD they did some work to the GUI installer from the last time I tried it. I noticed that when you first open it it ask if you want to use a Network or Networkless install. I am considering using this to install 2006.1. I was worried though about how well it will set up fluxbox (will it follow the steps that is laid out in the doc) and how well it sets up 7.0 (does it put in the right INPUT_DEVICES and VIDEO-DEVICES in?) Does anyone know?
wynn
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are warnings that the GUI installer can destroy your partition table, it is suggested that you use the text installer.

[Edit] See 2006.1 live cd installer kills partitiontable on all hardriv and Gentoo 2006.1 installer kills partition table
The avatar is jorma, a "duck" from "Elephants Dream": the film and all the production materials have been made available under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License, see orange.blender.org for details.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: