Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
ekiga: parlo ma sento malissimo
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Forum italiano (Italian) Forum di discussione italiano
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ic3M4n
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: ekiga: parlo ma sento malissimo Reply with quote

ciao a tutti,
ho provato ad utilizzare ekiga con un mio amico ma non riesco a sentire quello che dice.
ho provato con tre schede sonore differenti ma è sempre uguale. io credo che il problema sia del mixing del suono perchè sia utilizzando il portatile con una inter che sul fisso con una sis (sempre ac97) che con una creative
Code:
00:09.0 Multimedia audio controller: Ensoniq 5880 AudioPCI (rev 02)

non cambia nulla. ho seguito la guida presente sul forum per abilitare il softmixing integrato di alsa ma la cosa non cambia ed ho provato anche ad utilizzare quanto presente sul wiki di ekiga.
Code:
pcm.snd_card {
        type hw
        card 0
}

pcm.dmixer {
        type dmix
        ipc_key 1024
        slave.pcm "snd_card"
        slave {
                period_size 256
                buffer_size 2048
                rate 44100
        }
}

pcm.dsnooper {
        type dsnoop
        ipc_key 2048
        slave.pcm "snd_card"

slave {
                period_size 256
                buffer_size 2048
                rate 44100
        }
}

pcm.duplex {
        type asym
        playback.pcm "dmixer"
        capture.pcm "dsnooper"
}

pcm.!default {
        type plug
        slave.pcm "duplex"
}

non è che ci capisca molto in quello che devo fare però :roll:

posso ipotizzare al 90% che il problema sia mio in quanto anche in locale con la procedura guidata non riesco ad ottenere un audio pulito. qualcuno di voi ha qualche consiglio? grazie mille.
MajinJoko
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dal sito di ekiga:

Quote:
7.2. Audio problems
7.2.1. I'm testing my audio setup with the Ekiga configuration assistant, and I have problems, what can I do?

You have to analyse the error message given by the configuration assistant:

The message indicating that the device can't be opened for reading or writing means that there was an error opening the device. If the device could be opened for playing, but that the error message complains that it couldn't be opened for recording, it means that you have full-duplex problems. The solution is to use a different device for playing and recording, or to install ALSA from http://www.alsa-project.org. If the first error message to appear mentions that the device can't be opened for playing, it can also mean that you have permissions problem.

The message indicating that the device could be opened, but that it is impossible to read from or to write to this device means that another program is already using the device, preventing Ekiga from using it. You can check what program is using the device using "lsof". It can also mean that you have permissions problem.

If you don't get any error message, but that you don't hear yourself with a 5 seconds delay while talking in your microphone, it means that you have full-duplex problems. You can test recording with another tool called "rec", if recording with this tool works, but that you don't hear yourself with the 4 seconds delay using the Ekiga configuration assistant, it proves the full-duplex problem. If recording with that tool doesn't work either, then you have to check your installation again, and possibly your cables.
7.2.2. I do not hear people, but they can hear me, or I can hear people but they don't hear me

The first thing to do is to use the Ekiga configuration assistant, it will help you to test your driver compatibility and to test the robustness of your driver. It will also give you interesting hints to help debugging your problems. Once you are sure that things are working correctly because you have tested your audio setup with the assistant, you can debug further.

The first thing to check is the "General History" (Tools->General History).

If you are transmitting sound, you should see that Ekiga starts 2 channels, one for transmission, and one for reception. If no channels are opened for audio transmission and reception, it means that you have no common codec with the remote Endpoint.

If audio channels are opened for transmission and reception, ie if there is a common codec, and if you have tested your audio configuration with the Ekiga configuration assistant and that it worked but you have no sound during calls, it means that you or your friend is behind a NAT/PAT router or firewall that drops the audio packets. Check that it is not the case. Also make sure that your friend has a correct audio setup.

Ic3M4n l'ha provato con me. Dalla mia parte, ho provato sia su gentoo e amd64, che su windows e pentium4. io ricevo Ic3M4n perfettamente, sia audio che video, ma l'audio che io gli trasmetto, da qualunque mio pc, software (ekiga o xlite) o sistema operativo, gli arriva a scatti e distorto, praticamente incomprensibile..
Ic3M4n
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmm... ho trovato una sound blaster live, provata e sembra non darmi problemi in locale. aspetto di provarla con qualcuno per aggiungere un mezzo risolto al titolo. non ho ancora capito se questa limitazione hardware sia aggirabile via software o meno...
makoomba
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved from Forum italiano (Italian) to Forum di discussione italiano.
Ic3M4n
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooops, chiedo scusa... in effetti non è molto un problema della distribuzione quanto un mio problema. :wink:
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Forum italiano (Italian) Forum di discussione italiano All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: