mATX: nForce2 or KT400?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gearheadsmp
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 2:26 pm    Post subject: mATX: nForce2 or KT400? Reply with quote

I'm "up"grading to an mATX board & case, but I'm not exactly made up on whether all the onboard goodies that the Biostar/Shuttle nForce2 IGP mATX boards have are worth the installation effort, as compared to a KT400 mATX board like MSI's. I'm essentially planning to drop my MP 1600+ and two pc2100 sticks into it. I read about how nVidia released new nForce2 drivers this past week, so that solved some issues, and I've read on the nForcersHQ Linux forum that others like the IDE DMA issue can be fixed. Also, if you have an nForce2 IGP board, can you use the onboard GF4MX as a 2ndary video card (as it's on the AGP bus)?

list of nForce2 mATX boards[/i]
Sohryu Asuka Langley
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any good looking cases out there... like the shuttle barebones ?
I was wondering if i can buy them without motherboard, only the case. :P
gearheadsmp
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 11:29 pm    Post subject: Yes Reply with quote

mATX Cases are readily available aplenty at stores like newegg. You can just go to their 'cases' section, and do a search for 'mini-ATX - desktop', 'mini-ATX - minitower', and 'mini-ATX tower'. As far as the shuttle mb, I posted a link in my original post, with a link to a mATX board that Shuttle's going to be putting about that has all the same components of their ?SN-41G2?. Same dual-vga out. Just a little bigger formfacter and a 3rd dimm slot.

I guess I'm going to have to post on the nForcer forums to find out the answer to my question asking if you can use the nForce2's IGP as a 2nd video card (the IGP is on the AGP bus, and AFAIK, you can only have 1 AGP card on a PCI bus. But that rule only applied to AGP 2.0(1x/2x/4x), and since AGP 3.0(4x,8x) allows for multiple AGP devices, it's difficult for me to dicern.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: