Java y latin caracteres problemas
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Spanish
View previous topic :: View next topic  
m00dawg
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 3:05 am    Post subject: Java y latin caracteres problemas Reply with quote

No pongo latin caracteres en Java. Cuando pongo un carácter en Java, veo un caja.

I'm sorry Spanish is not my native language, but I am in a college Spanish class - so I'm trying :) It is also a particular irony that the program I am trying to get running is a program to help me learn Spanish :) So in English, if my Spanish made no sense: I'm trying to put in Latin characters into a Java program, but when I try to put them in I get a box in place of where the character was supposed to be. I've tried cutting and pasting from AbiWord and using a Spanish keymap and I still get the same result. I have also tried playing with the JAVA_FONTS enviornment variable to point to some truetype fonts. When I do that, the fonts appear in the program, but if I select them, I still get boxes instead of latin characters.

Any help would be really appreciated. I have been trying for over a week to get it working. I apoogize if I put this in the wrong post, but no one seems to be able to help - I figure users speaking languages other than English might have run into this before and know what to do.

Hasta luego y gracias!
BaSS
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so strange problem, i dont know how java work with text, so i can't help you. But you can try using the "nls" flag in USE and setting a iso8859-1 font.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Spanish All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: