XGL+Kopete Urgent window hint not unsetting
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beatryder
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: XGL+Kopete Urgent window hint not unsetting Reply with quote

I am sorry if this question has been asked already, but here is my sitrep (situation report) :P
I am running KDE 3.5.3, just installed most recent XGL using the xgl-coffee overlay.
I am having the same problem with both the vanilla and quinnstorm versions of compiz.

When a window has an urgent hint set for it, it does not get unset when the window gains focus again.

An example would be Kopete, I get a flashing task bar entry when I get a new message, but when I click on it the urgent hint does not go way, ie: the taskbar entry stays highlighted.

Screenie:

http://neucode.org/images/XGL3%20.jpg

The highlighting does not go away when I give the window focus. Its kinda irritating, cause I rely on it to notify me of when I get a new message.
I have tried the passive popups, but the problem is that If I am AFK they fade out on their own and i have no notification, Boo..
kmare
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah.. i got the same problem as well, but unfortunally i didn't find a solution. I think that it's just not implemented yet. I also checked the compiz forums with no luck :(
beatryder
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it strange as kopete is the only program that has this trouble.... Perhaps i will go back to gaim for a while :P
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: