Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xglad
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmitchell wrote:
xglad wrote:
There is nothing more frustrating than trying to reason with.. ... some types. Nice work above.

Nice work indeed, you really helped that guy out by shitting all over his beliefs -- I notice you didn't challenge anyone else's comments.

Yeah. There oughta be a law ...

Welcome to social opprobium in action.
runningwithscissors
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any. I do expect others to have one, though.
chris.c.hogan
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try not to interfere with the way I want to live my life, and I'll try not to interfere with the way you want to live yours.

I've also been known to like the idea of doing onto others as you would have them do onto you.
jetblack
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xglad wrote:
There is nothing more frustrating than trying to reason with.. ... some types.

Funny, I'm thinking the same thing.
xglad
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetblack wrote:
xglad wrote:
There is nothing more frustrating than trying to reason with.. ... some types.

Funny, I'm thinking the same thing.

Yuk yuk yuk.
jetblack
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah man. I'm a riot.
xglad
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You gonna be here all weekend?
jetblack
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, no. Though I hate to miss out on the scintillating company.

Have fun stereotyping and ridiculing the religious folks. I'm sure you and playfool have scored lots of OTW points this weekend.
clintpatty
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Explosive you feel the impact hit your face
What makes you think I'll let you survive
You want a war I'm the front line
Unbroken

This ain't about me
I'm better than you'll ever be
You don't concern me
I know you'll never get to me
You want a shot
I can take your best bring it on
Beetle B.
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you really want to know, you can check out the code from my CVS server...

Please update the table of equivalents.
A Firefox guide.
Lepaca Kliffoth
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I blindly follow the parts of the Bible I like most.
valkyrite
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ethics for the workplace: Be courteous, be friendly, be professional and present a smiling face to anyone and everyone. Never ever be a friend and definitely do not hang out with others. Keep your communication to the minimum necessary. And yes, be ready to help anyone if he/she comes to you and asks for help.

My ethics for the life: Do not tell a lie (truth will eventually come out)

One thing, in my life that I learned the hard way is that being nice and just minding your own business does not work. There are people out who won't let you be happy.

Anything that eats your time (apart from your work) is wasteful and therefore should be avoided.
John-Boy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Used to have ethics, back when I was young(er) - then I realised that it's a weakness nowadays, so generally :

Quote:
Do unto others what they do to you. Only do it first

Oh and also assume the worst about anybody/everything.
xPAGANx
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always try to do the right thing.

I won't ever say I am perfect and do no wrong as that simply is not the case, but I do make a good effort.

Sure some people may walk on me, and some people may cheat me and take advantage of me. I accept that. It is my responsiblity to humanity to promote the best positive image I can. Humanity needs people like me that can stand in the face of BS and smile about it at the end of the day knowing I did the right thing. As people continue to stand in the way of stupidity and emotions escalate, rarely does anything good come of it. Sometimes people get killed over dumb things. Sometimes both sides only get frustrated and turn a few grey hairs. Is it worth it?

Being a more intelligent being than most I meet on my way to work, I stand by my responsibilty to let those glorious monsters of ego treat me like crap.
Zepp
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

old school wrote:
I follow the example of Jesus.
As is stated in the New Testament: The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Where is that from? Not the spock quote but the As stated in the new testament..... I'd swear I have heard that elsewhere.
sugar
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zepp wrote:
old school wrote:
As is stated in the New Testament: The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Where is that from? Not the spock quote but the As stated in the new testament..... I'd swear I have heard that elsewhere.

http://www.google.com/search?hs=ePr&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&client=opera&rls=en&q=the+needs+of+the+many+wikiquote&btnG=Search

thats funny. I just did a google search for 'the needs of the many wikiquote' and the top result was the star trek quote.
tchak
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not believe in good/bad statement. I do believe in a need for society. Without society humans == animals. Society should care about humans, but society should be more important then an individual. The laws is the only thing keeping humans above animals. No morale, no ethics just fear of a gun. If some one is more powerful to go beyond the laws, it's OK, but laws have to be strong enough to make it impossible to an average human to do it. Only some very strong peoples should be able to go beyond the laws, any morons trying should be punished (at last to make an example).

I do not respect humans (me including). We are all sleeping animals. At the first opportunity we do show it very well...
sugar
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tchak wrote:
Without society humans == animals.

Many animal groups form complicated societal structures, and its also not useful to compare animals to 'blood thirsty savages'. Gorillas, for instance, will only fight when cornered, and even then, only when using their size to force a way out and run away.

There are countless examples of animals/insects/lizards/birds that 'fight' off potentional mating competition by showing an intimidating presence. Its much easier to show that 'I will kill you if you try and fight me, so don't bother'.
xerxian
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tchak wrote:
I do not believe in good/bad statement. I do believe in a need for society. Without society humans == animals. Society should care about humans, but society should be more important then an individual. The laws is the only thing keeping humans above animals. No morale, no ethics just fear of a gun. If some one is more powerful to go beyond the laws, it's OK, but laws have to be strong enough to make it impossible to an average human to do it. Only some very strong peoples should be able to go beyond the laws, any morons trying should be punished (at last to make an example).

I do not respect humans (me including). We are all sleeping animals. At the first opportunity we do show it very well...

Pure bullshit, the mere fact that there are more people illegally smoking weed than murdering each other each year proves that wrong. (In first world countries where both are illegal).
slackthumbz
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do what thou wilt, that it harm none.
tchak
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xerxian wrote:
tchak wrote:

Pure bullshit, the mere fact that there are more people illegally smoking weed than murdering each other each year proves that wrong. (In first world countries where both are illegal).

No, the punishment is not the same. Punishment for weed smoking is not important (and it's OK like this, it is really not important in my opinion if peoples smoke weed or not :) ). Punishment for murdering is death or 30year or even life imprisonment depending on countries. Fear of the gun...
Zepp
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sugar wrote:
Zepp wrote:
old school wrote:

http://www.google.com/search?hs=ePr&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&client=opera&rls=en&q=the+needs+of+the+many+wikiquote&btnG=Search

thats funny. I just did a google search for 'the needs of the many wikiquote' and the top result was the star trek quote.

I know "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" is from Star Trek II, I meant the I follow the teachings of jesus/new testatement joke bit. I would swear I have heard THAT before and can't think of from where.
tchak
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sugar wrote:
tchak wrote:
Without society humans == animals.

Many animal groups form complicated societal structures, and its also not useful to compare animals to 'blood thirsty savages'. Gorillas, for instance, will only fight when cornered, and even then, only when using their size to force a way out and run away.

There are countless examples of animals/insects/lizards/birds that 'fight' off potentional mating competition by showing an intimidating presence. Its much easier to show that 'I will kill you if you try and fight me, so don't bother'.

Agree. I newer stated that humans or animals are 'blood thirsty savages'. As you write : " Its much easier to show that 'I will kill you if you try and fight me, so don't bother' " but the danger is that today their is to many peoples acting like this, without a real ability to kill. This is called bluff. Bluff is dangerous. This is the difference betwin humans and animals. Outside a strong society humans tend to behave like animals : thy do not bluff. They are for real.
The humans who lost they ability to kill (I mean peoples for which killing is "deadly sin" and they are supposed to have some psychological troubles if they HAVE to murder some one, one day) gone this way hiding behind laws (civil or religious). Humans in a society are all but animals, some prefer to die then to kill (most are simple unable to kill). Humans + Society == artificial life, the one any civilised society have to tend. The goal of modern science should be to be able to create an artificial life form, this way humans will be finally "obsoleted".
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: